Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
As much as I love my DBox and variable voltage vaping I thought I should make a variable voltage J5 Box just for My DBox so I took some of the cutoff scraps from other projects and I made one. This is a front and rear view. One with the ego ring and one without.

tg80.jpg

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Well deserved! So it's a VV box? What are you powering with?

2x 14500 and my favorite DE-SWADJ3 3A Adjustable Switching Regulator. For $25.00 already built controllers you can't beat them. I remove the metal case from them because it takes up too much space.
My next one won't have those big button and adj. knob.

I also attach a shaft for the controller knob.
DE-SWADJ3.jpg

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
2x 14500 and my favorite DE-SWADJ3 3A Adjustable Switching Regulator. For $25.00 already built controllers you can't beat them. I remove the metal case from them because it takes up too much space.
My next one won't have those big button and adj. knob.

I also attach a shaft for the controller knob.
DE-SWADJ3.jpg
that is a beautiful piece! Whats the dimension of the DE? Is it too early for battery run time averages?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
that is a beautiful piece! Whats the dimension of the DE? Is it too early for battery run time averages?

rov7.jpg

I get around 1 to 2 days on 2 14500's but I guess that depends on how much you vape.

Dimension Engineering is the Co. that makes and sells them.
The DE-Swad j is only 1 amp max but the DE-Swad J3 is 3 amp max.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I was thinking the other day about building a VV mod for myself, just because. I found an auto 510 connector and so on, I was thinking the DNA-12, the whole off the wall thing.
Then my Provari crapped out on me! I don't think I can build anything much more durable than that? So, for now at least, looks like I'm going back to mechanical mods!
Not trying to hijack your thread 5card, just rambling.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I was thinking the other day about building a VV mod for myself, just because. I found an auto 510 connector and so on, I was thinking the DNA-12, the whole off the wall thing.
Then my Provari crapped out on me! I don't think I can build anything much more durable than that? So, for now at least, looks like I'm going back to mechanical mods!
Not trying to hijack your thread 5card, just rambling.
This isn't my thread buddy. Post away. It's an Ikenvape thread. The controller I use I've dropped my older one and knocked off one of the caps. I just pulled one off an old mobo and put it on. It worked great again. I've dropped it so many times that I built 3 more boxes for it but the controller still worked. They are tough little controllers. I still have it somewhere.

I want one!!! What's my chances 5card?
Aw Boo Thanks for the comp but I just build them for fun and when I get the urge. I have people here that want me to build them one but I'm just a tinkerer. You could do one yourself and then it would be just the way you want it.

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
rov7.jpg

I get around 1 to 2 days on 2 14500's but I guess that depends on how much you vape.

Dimension Engineering is the Co. that makes and sells them.
The DE-Swad j is only 1 amp max but the DE-Swad J3 is 3 amp max.

Those are great boards :) Some of the easiest to work with for sure. THey also perform very well.

Check out this switch. SOme of the best made and very durable.

http://www.e-switch.com/Portals/0/Series_Pdf/PV5.pdf
with lights
http://www.e-switch.com/Portals/0/Series_Pdf/PV3.pdf

They are made by e-switch. Dont pay any attention to the amp rating as its under rated for DC. Ive run them for over a year at well over 3 amps.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hey Ruppy, long time buddy. That is a nice switch and it's flush. I'm using a lever on the new one because I want the button made from wood. It will be just high enough to push it. I'll definatly keep the url for that one though. Thanks for the link. This one here that I built is from left over parts and wood scraps but it's for using in the shop and other hard on pv places. I'm using Burl for my new one.

Here's another good regulator.
http://nodna.de/Zeus-adjustable-STEP-DOWN-Voltage-Regulator-3A

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Hey Ruppy, long time buddy. That is a nice switch and it's flush. I'm using a lever on the new one because I want the button made from wood. It will be just high enough to push it. I'll definatly keep the url for that one though. Thanks for the link. This one here that I built is from left over parts and wood scraps but it's for using in the shop and other hard on pv places. I'm using Burl for my new one.

I fixed the link and added another. THe first one was on off and not momentary :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I got this really nice power switch off of an old PC that is tiny. It is so tiny everyone had to ask where it was. It went behind the button you push to turn on your PC.
Thanks for the link Ruppy.

I also take that metal jacket off the DE-SWADJ3 and attach an adjuster to the Pot. I think I'm going to re-locate the pot on this one off the board to save some space.
:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread