My New Toy, the IPV4S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Mod, if I posted under the wrong subforum do move it for me. Thanks. [emoji1]

So I've had my IPV4S for about a week now. Thought I would share my ups and downs. I'm gonna skip boxing in-flight here as I believe many all know now.

Straight out of box I had it powered on with power mode. Put on my subtank mini and fire away. Its amazing how it responded so fast from sleep mode. I owned an Arrow 3 before and it takes about a 1.5 second to wake up.

And of course my main thing of getting this mode is all about the temperature control. So together I ordered some TI1 26g with it. Did my first contact coil on a kayfun monster deck and dry burn it to see what is TIO2. It sure is white greyish after 2 long pulse on it in wattage mode. So scrapped the coil and onto to build a new one. 7 wraps 3mm ID dials in at 0.8ohm.

And everything went wrong. Wicked it and fill up set to 30 joules at 420f. Locked the resistance. I got a funny taste out of my fav adv. Lil clouds and I get a funny dry burn feel. Almost with tempo. So over the course of 3 days I fiddled around with the settings and finally it hit me hard. I did not let the coil sit at room temperature. All the coiling and holding of it have induced heat onto it and it heats up funny due to wrong resistance being locked in the first place.. Finally I'm able to vape on it like it should. Now my favourite settings is 70J at 520f, 5 wraps spaced coil at 0.4ohm.

Now I have my mutation x and magma v2 at dual coil setups I just love how they chucks. And also the dry coil warning kicks in just at the right time.

I've read at many forums saying about the presets memory resets every time you change mode. And if you're like me who likes to jump in between power and joules mode. Here's a lil tip. Before you switch to Joules mode have your preset at M1 in wattage mode. Then when you're in Joules mode, don't use all the presets. Stay at M1 and adj your Joules manually. When you're back to power mode. Your presets will not be reset.

Overall I like this mod a lot. I sold of my Arrow 3 for this. I like to keep my collection of mods down to 3. I still have a subox with me for travelling. IPV4S needs a little get use to. Once you grow on it its just flow like a breeze. And also my battery last longer per charge on IPV4S than the Arrow 3. I get 1 day out of my Arrow 3 and up to 2 days on my ipv.

Vape on!

Reactions: wbbrn1952
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread