RDA My RDA's FINALLY arrived from fast tech! Here are my First builds ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
coils.jpg
coilss.jpg

So after a long wait i finally had a package waiting for me on my doorstep!! These are my first two builds.

I Worked on the Magma first, tried to do a parallel coil as my first one but didn't work so i just went with a regular mico Coil. The Picture of the maga build i have here clocked in about 1.5 on 28 kathanal. I've since rebuild that last night with 26 gauge at 1.0 ohms and i am enjoying that much better. Flavor is awesome and i love it.
The mutation X clocks in at about .7 ohms and MAN O MAN am i getting some clouds off that. Flavor is best with 3 open holes on both sides but when its wide open watch out....

All and all with the exception of the parallel both coil builds were successful on first attempt. Its not as hard as i had thought and I'm really loving it!!

On the downside the ohm meter i got from fasttech does not work properly and i dont even want to think as to how much of a headache it will be, and how long of a wait to get a new one....

Now im just waiting on my order of Mech Sauce to get filled and shipped :)

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
Thank you! Those meters look awesome, i will definitely have to save up. I e-mailed fast tech, but I'm not expecting anything to happen fast lol. My bet is that ill have to ship it back to them which will prolly take 2 weeks, they will inspect it prolly another week, them about three more weeks to get one lmao. Luckily im using an istick 50w and it seems to be pretty accurate so far, i haven't exploded yet lol!

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
BTW i did have a question, When wicking the cotton is there any way to get around going over the top of the lead on the right hand side? i don't think it makes much of a difference but ive noticed that side gets a bit darker from the heat coming from the lead....

Am i saposed to wick under that lead or does it make a difference?

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
Yes. Instead of having the leads in the same direction, wrap so they are perpendicular. You can then bend one 90 degrees so they are running in the same direction and are coming off the coil at the same place (top or bottom). Hard to explain in words, but here is a video of someone who does it. Hope the link works. Starts about the 3-minute mark.

Reactions: Nivek13

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
Yea ive been messing around with tge wicking alot. Dont think i have it down yet but everything i have done so far has at least wicked up lol.

Ive watched that video at least 10 times now and tried about 3 times and cannot figure it out for the life of me lol

EDIT:NVM i figures it out lol thank you!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread