My subox died, looking for recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Red Husker

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
Nebraska
I've been dreading this but my subox will no longer charge. Battery flashes full when plugged in but doesn't fire. Not plugged in battery reads 0 and doesn't fire. Now I hav to dive into the world of all of this terminology and research that I haven't done in years and don't have much free time to do

So what are your recommendations? I don't think I'm ready to build my own coils but would maybe like that as an option in the future. I'm not spending allot of money, I don't have much to begin with. So whatever I buy I'm sticking with it and not buying a bunch of other mods

I like the replacement drop in coils of my Kanger. Temperature control I think I would be interested in. Im a mouth to lung vapor. Use the .5 ohm coils in my subox. And ran about 36 Watts.

I'm currently looking at
Valerreso nebula, smok Alien 85 w, evok vtwo mini, revenger x, voopoo drag, ijoy diamond. A friend recommended a smok procolor said it was, can't remember, updated version of either the revenger or Allen.

What really confuses me the most are the different types of tanks and coils, tv4 or whatever qv4. Replacement coils that are cheap for packs will be a huge plus in my book. I don't mind spending money on a quality tank that won't leak. Something my subox did alot and I've heard the revenger does.

Reactions: stols001

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Why not go for a Kanger topbox mini - it's the newer subtank and you seem to have been really happy with the subtank.. The Kbox goes up to 75 Watts and has temperature control and it has the toptank so it's quick to refill. I've been vaping for years and never built my own coils but I wanted that capability and wanted something that would last. I used to use a Kanger Nano and have a have a Kanger mini C.

I am so glad I got the upgraded version. I only recently started to build coils and once you do it --- at least on the top tank --it is pretty easy. Someone sent me some premade coils and those are awesome too. You literally tighten two screws, check that the resistance is correct, add cotton and you are set. Even if you buy the coils premade it is still very inexpensive I am watching my pennies too and it is also so very economical.

I got the platinum version and is nice-looking as well.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
How about an Eleaf iStick Pico 75W mod? It has TC, but you don't have to run it in TC. It's just there...if/when you want to try it. You can use whatever tank you want to on it. It takes a single 18650 external battery. Many people on ECF have bought multiples of them in the last year or so. Complaints or problems reported with them have been extremely scarce, especially considering how many have been bought by people on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread