Not open for further replies.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
This is my first review so it is what it is.... LOL
Got my bottle of sweedish fish in the mail today from Vapor Renu. 24mg medium throat hit 80/20 mix. The liuid was a very light pinkish orange, very little color and very thin. Looked and dripped like colored water. Ordered on friday and it arrived today. It smelled good when I opened the package. Filled a fresh clean cart and filled the bottle on my wetbox. (I know, I know, but I like it) The flavor was there but very light. I havent had sweedish fish for probably a decade but with all the good reviews I decided to give it a chance. Like I said, the flavor was light. Much lighter than the juice I get from other suppliers. I would give flavor a 3 out of 10. For vapor, It was light and dissapated quickly. I love huge vapors but this did not produce that. I would give vapor a 4 out of 10. Next the throat hit. Absolutely no throat hit whatsoever. I also love a big throat hit. That is one of the things I loved about smoking analogs. I even did double and triple draws and could not get a throat hit. It just felt like I was breathing normal air. I give throat hit a 0 out of 10. I was hoping for something since I got medium throat hit strength. I was also under the impression that the juice was made to order but my bottle said it was made on 10/6. So even after almost a month of steeping before getting to me the flavor was very light but tasty. My wife loves it and doesnt give a care about throat hit. Overall I am not dissapointed. Even though I am still a noob at this, I know that taste is VERY subjective and everyone is different. All I am out is the cost of a pack of analogs or a double frappa-weenie at Starbucks so no biggie. I'm sure I will end up ordering more for the wife, and if I ever decide to order more for me, I will ask for the new triple flavor shot with maximum throat hit. Half the fun of vaping is trying lots of new stuff until you find that one juice that does it for you. :vapor:

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
"Overall I am not dissapointed [sic]" ... could've fooled me, LOL

I bought 3 30ml bottles after seeing rave reviews here on ECF. I swear, I'd never even heard of the candy before I saw those reviews. I mentioned it to a lady I work with and a few days later she brought me a bag of the candy so I could see what I'd missed, LOL. I'm not much of a candy guy, no sweet tooth to speak of. But, it was alright, so far as candy goes.

I let the juice sit for a couple of weeks before digging in. Mine's pink. I'm not much into throat hit myself. Kinda makes me think a lot of smokers/vapers are kinda sorta masochists, heh.

Anyway, so I got 90ml of the stuff. I like it just fine! I won't say it's my favorite out of the juice I've tried in 9+ months of vaping. I won't rave about it like the folks who convinced me to try it in the first place. But, in my book, it's pretty good.

Oh, I did order the medium throat hit and double shot of flavor. The high (whatever) throat hit descriptor kinda scared me.

Last edited:

Dawn L.

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Oklahoma
I also ordered the Swedish Fish, 24 mg, 100 PG (for better TH) and ordered aggressive hit....the flavor is pretty good on mine, I have never eaten the Swedish Fish candy but to me this tastes like the SweetTart candies, which I like, so that was fine. Not much vapor, though, and NO TH, not even at 24 mg, 100 PG, aggressive TH, NO TH whatsoever. Mine says mfg date was 10/27, so I'm letting it steep a while, but I suspect steeping only strengthens the flavor, not the vapor or TH?? Who knows...anyway good taste but unless I can get a TH out of it, I won't use it. Stinks after all the rave reviews but as many have stated before, its all subjective. May be worth mentioning, I ordered 3 other flavors (butterscotch, French vanilla and vanilla bean) with the same specs and none of them have TH, either, again, good flavor, but no TH at all. Now I just ordered Throat Hit Plus from The Vapor Pro and it should be here Wednesday, hoping to add some TH to some of my juice that needs it, but I've also heard good and bad things about the Throat Hit Plus. Its all trial and error I guess and at $2 a bottle, I figured it was worth a shot to try and save some of these juices from the garbage.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
They do have a agressive throat hit option. Also the Renu blend is perfect for most of their juices. (My favorite option). I see they have a triple shot option now. I just ordered the swedish fish yesterday. Not much into sweet stuff but thought I would try this. Thanks for your review.

I also ordered the Havana cigar in menthol. Cannot wait till I try that one!

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I also ordered the Swedish Fish, 24 mg, 100 PG (for better TH) and ordered aggressive hit....the flavor is pretty good on mine, I have never eaten the Swedish Fish candy but to me this tastes like the SweetTart candies, which I like, so that was fine. Not much vapor, though, and NO TH, not even at 24 mg, 100 PG, aggressive TH, NO TH whatsoever. Mine says mfg date was 10/27, so I'm letting it steep a while, but I suspect steeping only strengthens the flavor, not the vapor or TH?? Who knows...anyway good taste but unless I can get a TH out of it, I won't use it. Stinks after all the rave reviews but as many have stated before, its all subjective. May be worth mentioning, I ordered 3 other flavors (butterscotch, French vanilla and vanilla bean) with the same specs and none of them have TH, either, again, good flavor, but no TH at all. Now I just ordered Throat Hit Plus from The Vapor Pro and it should be here Wednesday, hoping to add some TH to some of my juice that needs it, but I've also heard good and bad things about the Throat Hit Plus. Its all trial and error I guess and at $2 a bottle, I figured it was worth a shot to try and save some of these juices from the garbage.

If you ordered maximum throat hit and could not get any whatsoever, I guess I will not order any more for myself, just for the wife. Bummer, I had high hopes for this juice after all of the glowing reviews.

Dawn L.

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2010
Oklahoma
Just tried one of them again, Vanilla Bean, which smells delicious, but the flavor doesn't really live up to the smell, I hardly get any flavor when vaping, maybe because there is no vapor? Anyway, I still don't get a throat hit but I am feeling it in my lungs, which is weird, usually if I get the TH, I feel it in my lungs, but this is different, no TH, but pretty heavy lung hit? Odd...hard to describe but thats the best I can do. Again, still no vapor. I even exhaled under a lamp to see if I could see any vapor floating around the light and there is none. I'm using an 808 D-1 cartomizer. I know at 100% PG there isn't as much vapor as there would be if it had some VG in it, but my other brand 100% PGs do have some vapor. Hmmm...I have 4 30 mL bottles of this so I hope I can find something to make it vapeable.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
After all the rave about the sweedish fish I ordered some... but I am very impatient and Halloween candy was on clearance so I bought some and I am now coveting the single serving bags of sweedish fish. I have already ate 3 bags tonight. My kids want me to share but no way man they are mine. I am mailman stalking. (hurry, hurry, hurry)

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
Swedish fish is my all time fav vape. I always order double shot of flavor and I am thrilled there is now a triple shot. I LIKE having flavor! I like their custom blend for vapor and flavor combo. I love the prices as well. I've had a few juices that didn't thrill me, but all of them are still vapable for me. The only juice that had any sort of 'hit' for me has been the Creamberry, and it was kinda a warm feeling lung wise, not really in the throat. I don't like TH though, so that's just peachy with me. Some of the juices have been too light in flavor, even double shot and well steeped. That said, I will still keep trying new flavors from them. I've already found 2 of my 'must have at all times' flavors there so for the price-- I'll take the gamble. And before anyone dumps out their swedish fish... I will be more than happy to take it!

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
One new observation about the sweedish fish. Washed out the carto I used several times and then boiled it and let it dry overnight. It still smelled like sweedish fish the next day. Put some new juice in it and could still taste it mixed with the new juice. For being such a light flavor, it will not go away so make sure you keep the carto or atomizer you used separate. Oh, and for the record, I don't reccomend sweedish fish mixed with french toast.... yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread