My SX350 case design in progress. Looking for critique & suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009
UPDATE: LINK FIXED
My Shapeways

This is my first attempt at using 3D modeling software, it is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Box 6 is my first design that did not have flaws that would prevent 3D rendering or upload to Shapeways.

Details
[SX350 Box Mod Case (Alumide, possibly polished)
Single 18650 / Keystone 1042 Battery Holder
FatDaddy V3 510 connector countersunk 1mm
OLED window 15mm W X 12mm H. 1mm deep cutout inside box for Optiplex (Lowes.com)
USB Charing port currently set to 6mm X 3mm (Need to confirm actual dimensions, can someone provide this for me?)

Have not decided on switch sizes yet, thinking 16mm anti vandal blue or red led with black bezel in the center of the 55deg angle on top of the mod and 2 tactile's somewhere else. Would love to hear your opinions, critiques, suggestions, etc.

Last edited:

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
when viewing your model, click the selling tab and check that box that says "display to public"

shape.jpg

twolostminds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2009
Any updates on this enclosure? Also, how do you mount the charging board?
I've been tweaking a single and dual 18650 designs and should have beta's uploaded in about a week. I've built a hammond dual 18650 box mod and going to build a single 18650 this weekend and hopefully I'll be able to decide on which one to finalize first. I plan on mounting the sx350 chips inside the printed boxes the same way I am in my hammond boxes, unless I think of something nicer. I am using optix from Lowes to cut and glue togher a mount that I glue to the inside of the box. I'll post pics this weekend.

mberlinger3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I've been tweaking a single and dual 18650 designs and should have beta's uploaded in about a week. I've built a hammond dual 18650 box mod and going to build a single 18650 this weekend and hopefully I'll be able to decide on which one to finalize first. I plan on mounting the sx350 chips inside the printed boxes the same way I am in my hammond boxes, unless I think of something nicer. I am using optix from Lowes to cut and glue togher a mount that I glue to the inside of the box. I'll post pics this weekend.
Ahh thank you ill look forward to seeing that. Not to enforce plagiarism but more inspiration, bapgood has a good idea in his charging plate where he has a tray and a peg that fits into the hole of the charging board and raised edges that secure it too. Maybe a version of that could work for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread