My unique storage solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
So I went to Hobby Lobby today. I was looking for a storage solution and believe I found a unique solution.

I found this wooden box for 12.99 with a 50% off sale on all of these type of boxes.

2013-04-24_00-48-35_187.jpg 2013-04-24_00-48-44_295.jpg

So for $6.50 I thought I could do something with it. I wandered around the store a while longer until I found this board.

2013-04-24_00-49-24_183.jpg

It's Basswood (so it's easy to cut) 1/8" thick 3" tall by 24" long I believe.

I took my few measurements and got my hack saw. 30 minutes later I had this

2013-04-24_01-10-53_673.jpg 2013-04-24_01-13-19_873.jpg

Now the boards aren't fitted in place yet and are just sitting in place. Their alignment will change to make them straight before they're glued in place (wood glue ...) I also plan to cut on extra divider to place below the vivi nova boxes. perhaps one going flush with the boxes and one dividing that area into two squares. (i'll update tomorrow or when I finish to show final product)

I also need to trim the height of all boards 1/4" because they're too tall (although they don't stop the lid from closing so I may leave them be.) I will stain them to try and match the color of the box before I fix them in place with the glue.

Overall although I'm not finished with it I'm happy with the results so far and for under 10 bucks believe I have a fairly nice product. I think I'm going back tomorrow to look at the other perhaps larger boxes they have.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I like it....a lot. In fact my only complaint would be no top handle to carry. Then again for a nice looking desktop box you don't really need one. I had been considering getting something like that to put my junk in. I may just have to head to Hobby Lobby soon.

Can you post the boxes outside dimensions?

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
I like it....a lot. In fact my only complaint would be no top handle to carry. Then again for a nice looking desktop box you don't really need one. I had been considering getting something like that to put my junk in. I may just have to head to Hobby Lobby soon.

Can you post the boxes outside dimensions?

I'm thinking about finding a nice piece of worn looking leather and making a handle for it.

I went to hobby lobby again today because my wife liked my box and wanted one for stuff she clutters her night stand with. Well they had one like this one I bought but probably another 6 inches longer. I didn't get it but may go back and get a bigger one once this one reaches capacity.

Cavediver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Buford, Ga
Nice find!

It looks like there's a lot of space inside of the lid if you can figure out how to use it. Perhaps you could line it with some sort of fuzzy fabric and use male velcro strips to hold spare cartos, etc. Elastic loops might also be an option.

FWIW, I'm a new vapor as well (10 days down, 50 years to go :) ), and I'm betting you'll be out of room in three weeks :D

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
I got the dividers cut and glued in place. Im going to go and get some varnish tomorrow. I thought i had some but apparently didnt. I ended up adding a fourth row for juice and divided the larger compartment into two. One for my vivi nova sets and the other will be used for clearos and random parts. The first row is for 30ml bottles the 2nd and 3rd will hold 20s and the 4th is for 10ml bottles.

I think i may end up getting a couple more boxes to mess with. Maybe a juice specific one and a hardware specific one.

There is room in the lid but its needed to be able to close with needle top bottles if i were to but a needle top in a 20/30.

uploadfromtaptalk1366845236976.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread