My V2 Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrell6888

ECF Veteran
After weeks of waiting for the shipping, and hours of waiting for the batterys, I finally got the chance to use my new Prodigy V2 yesterday. It hits great. I'll start with that so I don't turn anyone away from it.

So I pop in the batts, load up with some banana niquid, and nothing. Doesn't work. I've heard that the 510 atty has had some problems, so I pilfer the forums to find the answer. After awhile I find out that the contacts have trouble connecting sometimes. I had to pull the switch out and attach the adapter while pushing the switch back in. After that, I got an amazing blast of vapor. Through the frustration, I ended up smoking 2 cigarettes b4 getting it to work. My urge to smoke immediately died, and I was vaping like the mad note :)))

Then more trouble. It would hit most of the time, then some of the time, and I would have to keep readjusting the adapter and pulling the switch out. After a while it stopped working, and I was pretty upset. I try everything when an item doesnt work, so i switched the batts, even though I had only been vaping about three hours and they couldnt have been dead yet. Turns out they were, since I was pressing so much without getting a hit. Then it was half and half. Being as I was drinking at this point, I was too drunk to fiddle with it and grabbed some analogs.

This is what makes me feels stupid. As soon as I got home, I messed with it some more, and remembered that my mom said you have to push the button twice to make it work. That didn't work for me at all, but it got me thinking. It wasn't that she was pushing the switch twice, it was that she was trying harder the second time. The switch is a little weird to me, as it doesn't click, so I guess I wasn't pushing hard enough. Today I awoke very happy, and have no urge to fill my lungs with smoke.

The V2 is a great device. Long batt life (haven't fully expended them yet), and the throat hit is amazing. Vapor production is pretty good, not amazing but that isn't a very big factor for me, as long as I get a good hit. Its fairly heavy, and a little large, but I can't expect less from a 5v.

I've never tried another 5v, but it definitely beats my 510. I have no urge to smoke, and I don't think I will. I definitely recommend this to anyone else looking to step it up from the average PV.

Thanks Steve, and everyone from puresmoker!

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
After weeks of waiting for the shipping, and hours of waiting for the batterys, I finally got the chance to use my new Prodigy V2 yesterday. It hits great. I'll start with that so I don't turn anyone away from it.

So I pop in the batts, load up with some banana niquid, and nothing. Doesn't work. I've heard that the 510 atty has had some problems, so I pilfer the forums to find the answer. After awhile I find out that the contacts have trouble connecting sometimes. I had to pull the switch out and attach the adapter while pushing the switch back in. After that, I got an amazing blast of vapor. Through the frustration, I ended up smoking 2 cigarettes b4 getting it to work. My urge to smoke immediately died, and I was vaping like the mad note :)))

Then more trouble. It would hit most of the time, then some of the time, and I would have to keep readjusting the adapter and pulling the switch out. After a while it stopped working, and I was pretty upset. I try everything when an item doesnt work, so i switched the batts, even though I had only been vaping about three hours and they couldnt have been dead yet. Turns out they were, since I was pressing so much without getting a hit. Then it was half and half. Being as I was drinking at this point, I was too drunk to fiddle with it and grabbed some analogs.

This is what makes me feels stupid. As soon as I got home, I messed with it some more, and remembered that my mom said you have to push the button twice to make it work. That didn't work for me at all, but it got me thinking. It wasn't that she was pushing the switch twice, it was that she was trying harder the second time. The switch is a little weird to me, as it doesn't click, so I guess I wasn't pushing hard enough. Today I awoke very happy, and have no urge to fill my lungs with smoke.

The V2 is a great device. Long batt life (haven't fully expended them yet), and the throat hit is amazing. Vapor production is pretty good, not amazing but that isn't a very big factor for me, as long as I get a good hit. Its fairly heavy, and a little large, but I can't expect less from a 5v.

I've never tried another 5v, but it definitely beats my 510. I have no urge to smoke, and I don't think I will. I definitely recommend this to anyone else looking to step it up from the average PV.

Thanks Steve, and everyone from puresmoker!
Just wanted to say thanks for an honest review,I wish more people would do the same.
You've saved me some money:rolleyes:

A

AngusII

My v2 works like a charm. I can honestly say it's the best PV I own. With cartomizers, it's just plain amazing. I did have one issue with the 510 adapter I ordered, but they shipped me out a replacement immediately, and it turns my 510 into a very great vape.

It's a good, solid PV that works flawlessly for me. I like it so much, I will be getting a second one, and may never go back to a 3.7v device. The mechanical switch is comfortable to use, and fires well every single time. It's very consistant.

Cash has admitted that there was an issue with some of the 510 adapters, and has fixed the problem, and sent out replacements for those having a problem with it. For me, that's the mark of true customer service. He even calls his customers to help with any issue they have.

Would I recommend the v2 to others? Absolutely. It's the best vaping experience I've had since I started.

Garrell6888

ECF Veteran
I'm sorry to have turned you off of the V2 chuckie. I'll explain.

This wasn't necissarily a review. Just a description of my personal experiance within 3 days of using it. I'm not gonna lie, it was annoying as hell at first. But just because It didnt work right out of the box, and that I was unfamiliar with it, doesn't mean its a waste of money. First problem was a slight defect in the model on arrival. Second was a short batt life. 3rd was a operator error.

Being that it is brand new, the first model had a defect. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. The key point being that it was fixable with the right information. All I had to do was pull the switch terminal out and screw the adapter back on, letting it adjust itself to the proper configuration. Like I said, annoying, but fixable. And it has been ok ever since.

The batt life was 3 hrs, and I didnt change them because they were supossed to last longer. Not the manufacturers (puresmoker) fault. There is no way to tell if a batt is good or not, and there will always be a few of any given product that dont work as well as they should. Puresmoker uses certain batterys, and one of the hundereds that they are supplyed with was a dud...except...it wasn't Now the same pair of batterys lasted me almost 24 hrs. (including 10 hrs of sleep) It just needed to be broken in

The 3rd was my fault. The switch also needed to be broken in, and I wasn't pressing hard enough. It even says on the instructions to press harder at first. I just didn't think it was that hard.

I would even recommend it to anyone looking for a new vape, or looking to upgrade to 5v. I cannot recommend it to someone with a 5v already, being as its the only one i've used. I would however, tell someone that I thoroughly enjoy it, and don't regret buying it, even with my previous frustration. But thanks for your feedback, I was honest and I like to help other people out. I do think, however, you misunderstood my rant a bit.

A side note. I started smoking an analog a few days back. I put it out half way...it wasn't as strong as my V2. It was a camel filter 99.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
Ur making me miss my V2 horribly...:( My adapter went wirey just after they sent out replacements and Ive now been w/out my baby for 5 days...

Anyone looking at a V2 SHOULD BUY ONE IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER! V2 vapes like a champ and every new mod has an issue to be ironed out. An adapter is crucial but very fixable.....just wish it would have happened before they ran outta replacements! I like 6v on SOME devices and not others, some vape so wonderful at 3.7v, 6v is a waste but anyonne looking for that HEAVENLY medium btwn 3.7v and 6v...THIS PV is THE one! :thumbs: One of the best quality tubes Ive ever seen....look at my signature...Ive seen quite a few (even plenty NOT listed, I only list my fav's ;)) THIS is a quality PV!

Soon, tho............SOON!!!!! (I hope) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread