Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi all,

Today I am here to write me very first review on this forum, the star of the show is the Voopoo Find S trio kit which I won on this very forum through a giveway. Thank you @Vera from Heavengifts for this :)

I’ve been using this pod, or should I say AIO kit for about 3 weeks now and have used both coils that come with this kit.

Lets start off with something about my vaping preferences. I am a MTL vaper that has been vaping since January 2019, quitting cigarettes after 12 years. The juices I vape are mostly home made, 50/50 or 60/40 vg/pg, freebase nicotine varrying from 3 to 15 mg/ml. I vape like I smoked, meaning I would once per hour go out and have a puff or 10. Other devices I use(d) and to which I can compare this device (pods/AIO) are:

• Vladdin RE
  • Voopoo Drag Nano
  • Joyetech Exceed
  • Usonicig ZIP

Below are the specifications from the Voopoo website for this Voopoo find S trio Kit:

C97-BCB17-4-B7-C-4479-B02-A-D8-B61-EA1530-B.jpg

In the packagig you get:

7368-D2-F9-1020-498-D-B608-48-E6997-D77-C2.jpg

Battery:

The device has a 1200mah battery and lasts me generally a full day. Charging it from fully empty to full takes about an hour or so, which for me means I can use this as my only device without worrying about the battery.

Design:

The design is in my opinion great, the plastic part of the device gives it a nice grippy feeling and in combination with the aluminium it completes the looks, I personally like the design, but everybody has its own way of thinking about that. The fire button works well and is nice and clicky, I do thing it could have been inserted slightly thighter as now its rattling a little bit.

2-AA7-B517-92-A7-4-B4-F-8-D25-294-E7-BA100-E4.jpg

The led indicator is bright, even in sunlight you can see it. It has 3 colors, green means charged between 60-100%, blue 20-60%, red under 20% time to charge.

Overall it feels like a high quality device, even dropped it several times (I drop things frequently) but it still works and has minimal scratching. Also the paint job is well done, not like we know from the drags that easily scratch, this one keeps its texture and paint well in place.

The magnets to connect the mouthpiece with a proper and strong, never had issues with the mouthpiece coming off without my knowing, it holds pretty damn strong. Also the 3 connector pins seem to have some resistance to liquid, as the pod leaked once (didnt close the mouthpiece properly) and it was quite wet in there, no issues at all afterwards.
103946-A7-12-B9-4902-A417-FCF266-A7-CFAD.jpg

The mouthpiece is comfortable and 3ML is a perfect size for this device. The shape makes it a comfortable experience for my lips. Filling it is a charm, but sometimes requires a bit of extra attention with the 0.8 coil as liquid has trouble getting to the other side, you need to tilt it and wait for it to flow over. The fill port is big enough for modt bottles and the rubber seal stays in place, 0 leaking because of the device really, just the one time I did not properly close the rubber plug (but I survived ;) )

2-F59-A171-9-C9-E-4-CC1-9873-172583891306.jpg

The coils are lovely and the PNP system makes it simple to replace a coil, just be sure that the pod is not full because it will flood :)

Overall performance is proper, the thing that impressed me the most about the performance is the fact that it fires up pretty much instantly when clicking the fire button. Just like we are used to from the DRAG series. CLICK AND BAAAAM, VAPE!

Coil experience:

0.8 ohm DTL coil:

I started off with the 0.8 coil which is meant for a restrictive lung hit, I made myself some 70vg strawberry liquid for this coil. Since I am not such a DTL vaper this was a new experience for me, but it suprised me in a positive way, the vaper production from this tiny thing is impressive and the flavor was good (not amazing, but good) and constant, did not really experience a massive drop of flavor untill it burned after a week. This coil made me interested in DTL vaping and motivated me to buy myself my first DTL tank. One tiny minus with this coil is that its a thight fit in the mouthpiece and therefor liquid cannot easily flow passed it, so often the liquid is not equally divided in the mouthpiece. But overall enjoyed it a lot.

1.2 MTL ceramic coil:

More my style of vaping now, the coil is much thinner than the DTL coil and the liquid flow from left to right of the mouthpiece was solved. I personally like Ceramic coils as they last longer and the flavor drop is minimal. Taste wise its lovely, its a smooth vape and the drop in flavor is minimal overtime. What I liked the most about this coil is the draw on this device when inserted, to me its close to the perfect MTL draw, not too thight and not too airy, bit similar to cigarettes. Have been vaping on this ceramic coil for a good 2 weeks now and its still going with good flavor. By far the best MTL pod I have tried so far, the Vladdin RE comes close in terms of the draw and experience, but the Find S trio battery just overkills the Vladdin Re.

Overall verdict:

This untill now has been the best pod system I have had and also the one with least trouble. Like vaping on the 1.2ohm ceramic coils, in my opinion the true MTL draw and satisfactory from a pod. The firingspeed is impressive and just gives that positive experience a boost. Never worried to get out of home with just this device with me, battery holds up, easy to fill with liquid if needed and the size allows it to be taken into any pocket.

I would recommend this device to people who first of all like pods, and also to people who are still smoking regular cigarettes, I think the 1.2ohm ceramic coil is a good starter coil for them. Also the ease of use helps, not much to worry about really.

If I have to say anything negative about the device it would be the slight rattle in the firebutton and the fact that liquid cannot freely move when using the 0.8 DTL coil.

Ofcourse flavor can always be better, but for a pod its better than average.

Hope this review has been useful for anyone and feel free to suggest what I can do better for possible future reviews. Thank you @VOOPOO_Thea for allowing me to post this here :)

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
I think it's a good device. Although I had the opposite experience with the ceramic coil; mine burnt out really fast, within a day. Not sure if it was the juice I used but I was a bit disappointed.

However I do like the 0.8 coil better anyway. I think the flavor was more vibrant and I got about 2 weeks from it. All personal preference, though.

I did get some minor spitting the first few weeks but lately I haven't had any further issues. The battery life is pretty good, too.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I think it's a good device. Although I had the opposite experience with the ceramic coil; mine burnt out really fast, within a day. Not sure if it was the juice I used but I was a bit disappointed.

However I do like the 0.8 coil better anyway. I think the flavor was more vibrant and I got about 2 weeks from it. All personal preference, though.

I did get some minor spitting the first few weeks but lately I haven't had any further issues. The battery life is pretty good, too.
Probably the juice, maybe too high vg? The wicking holes are so tiny.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
So yesterday, one day after my review, the ceramic coil gave up after 2 weeks of good service :)
Out of curiosity I pulled out the wiring, and cotton, so see what has happened. And surprisingly enough it was not the cotton that burned, it even looked still quite clear, but the ceramic coil just got brownish and sandy :)

Will buy a new set of those ceramics for sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread