My video review of the VV box mod... also a question about an issue I've had with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporbird

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2011
Bronx
Mad Vapes VV Box Mod (Variable Voltage) Review - YouTube

In this review I also bring up a minor problem I have had with this mod. If I try to use any of my LED clearomizers the mod shuts down and won't work at all until I take the batteries out and let it sit for 10 min.

Otherwise it's really an amazing mod for the price (less than $40)

Anyone know anything about this problem?

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Nice review! I've never used one of those cartos before but the VV Box Mod has taken every atty/carto that I've thrown at it without a problem. I bought one of the VV Box Mods from MV and made two more that have LED's. The LED's, in addition to whatever carto/atty, have never caused a shutdown before. Maybe you got one with a defective regulator. Is it a Vision carto with the LED?

vaporbird

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2011
Bronx
At this stage I have determined that there are at least three things that won't work at all with my madvapes VV box (I've tried all voltage levels it just shouts down) They are:

- Vision mega carto with LED (but the smaller visions carto with LED works??)
- My tank cartomizer with a 2.0 ohm cart.
- My vapor4life cartomizer on a 510 to 901 adapter

All of these things cause it to shut off.

Maybe I should return it? If other people have units that work with these things I don't know why I'm having this issue.

Last edited:

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
The wheel will loosen up over time so you can move it with your nail. I did have problems with it shutting off on some of my lr atomizers in the beginning but all I had to do was take the battery out just enough to break the circuit. Mine only did it early in the day and after that it was fine. Now it has stopped and really don't know why. So I do understand your frustration and wish I was more help to you.

Noodoggy

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Orlando, FL
love my vv box mod from madvapes. i did a little mod to it myself b/c i got tired of having to scrounge up a philips screwdriver to change the voltage. I stuck the rubber endcap of a carto underneath the voltage dial. now it sticks out to where i can turn it with my fingers. i dont worry about it accidentally changin since it's got pretty good resistance for now. it was somewhat tricky getting the endcap in there...but i just pried slowly as to not rip anything apart on the inside and slid the endcap in there. works great! have fun with your vv box!

been there

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Brooksville,florida
Nice review Vaporbird , I have one also and the 5 v . I love these mods there inexpensive and work great. I don't use anything with led on them so can't help you there but I bet it has something to do with low voltage shutting it down , it's not recommended to use anything under 2 ohms so maybe with the led it takes it to lower volts, just a thought .I just want to add that when the pot is horizontal on mine anyways it's at 4v , I used a volt meter .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread