Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Voopoo Drag 2
20181027_173302.jpg

Unboxing:

The box is somewhat confusing saying only Drag. At first I thought I had received the wrong product. Once opening the box you find the manual which finally says Drag 2. Underneath that is the mod itself. Going to the second layer you'll find the U-Force Resin Tank, 2 coils, 1 Vertical and 1 double mesh coil. The Tank come with a bubble glass installed and an extra tube glass. There's also a USB charge cable, extra O-rings and a warranty card.

The Drag 2:

The only thing that identifies this as a Drag 2 is the user manual and Drag 2 in small letters on the back of the sleeve. Not only is it not on the box but it's not on the mod or on its menu. The Drag 2 uses two 18650 batteries that are inserted in the back of the vape. There's a ribbon running from one side all across making battery removal easy. The battery door is held on by very strong magnets and yet somehow the door still managed to wiggle. The door was in no danger of coming off, it was more irritating than anything. Once you've installed the batteries you can turn the Drag 2 on or off by clicking the fire button five times. You can also lock it by pressing the fire button and up button at the same time. The vape itself is heavier than I thought it would be but not so heavy I worried I'd drop it. The rounded sides were great! Extremely comfortable with no edges digging into my hand.

All the menus worked as advertised. The fit menu was difficult to enter until I realized 3 clicks of the fire button meant 3 fast clicks-very fast. The first fit option was battery saver. It worked as advertised but felt like the wattage was cut in half. The second fit option was for flavor and I'll admit it surprised me. The flavor was strong and intense. This was my favorite mode by far. The third mode was clouds and while it did produce more intense clouds the temperature of the vapor increased to an uncomfortable level for me. There was also the normal wattage mode, memory mode and temp control mode. Wattage and memory modes worked fine but I was unable to test temp control since both included coils were kanthal.

U-Force Tank:

I like the top fill option with the top easily sliding backwards leaving a nice sized opening to fill the tank. The bubble glass is OK in size but I had to keep refilling it. I'm concerned that the replacement tube glass will be even smaller. On the second day of use I unscrewed the tank for some strange unknown reason. I promptly dropped it and watched in horror as it hit the floor and rolled across the room. Upon retrieving it I was amazed to find that it was unscathed much less cracked. One bonus point for a sturdy tank.

Both mod and tank are very attractive with the drip tip matching the color of the vape. The fit modes worked as advertised. My only cons are that it only mentions Drag 2 in the manual and the back sleeve. Otherwise you might be getting the original. And the wiggly battery door is extremely irritating. On the plus side my batteries lasted over two days without putting it into battery saver mode and three days when I did.

Overall the Drag 2 did everything it said it would with a minimum of problems. I've enjoyed it thoroughly. Now if I could just get the battery door to stop wiggling!

Last edited:

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I found if I leave the ribbon from the battery compartment sticking out stightly it stops the wiggle but I worry it compromises the secure battery door. I'm not technical enough to work with glue. The results are always very scary! ;) I think I can learn to live with the wiggle but thanks for trying to help!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I found if I leave the ribbon from the battery compartment sticking out stightly it stops the wiggle but I worry it compromises the secure battery door. I'm not technical enough to work with glue. The results are always very scary! ;) I think I can learn to live with the wiggle but thanks for trying to help!

My RSQ 80w developed some Door Wiggle.

Found that a Couple of layers of Scotch Tap placed on the inside Edge of the Battery Compartment did the Trick.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Enjoyed the read Anise, thanks. One of the reasons why I have no interest in the OG Drag is the sharp edges, seems they have addressed that issue. How large a diameter tank can it accommodate without overhang?
The specs say the U-Force tank that comes with the kit is 24.6mm and it fits to the front and back edges. Anything larger would overhang.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread