Status
Not open for further replies.

wongster360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Washington
Hello all!

After 30+ years of smoking analogs I finally decided to stop. Been vaping an ego-t since Saturday and have gone from 1 - 1.5 PAD to less than 5 already and hope to be completely free by the end of the week. I've pretty much spent all my free time reading the different areas of this forum and love all the support and info that can be found here!

Can anyone tell me where I add signature stuff for my posts? Btw: my name is Dave and if anyone is on twitter, can be found at @wongster360

Have a great day everyone!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on starting the vapor trail! You are doing great already reducing your cigarette count, the rest will come when you are ready.
Go to your settings page to set up your avatar (the pic we see with your posts), your signature, and other stuff.
Keep on vaping!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
It actually takes 15 non-spam posts or replies and wait an hour to get Edit Signature. But after 5 and an hour you'll be able to comment elsewhere on the board. By non-spam I mean sometimes somebody just posts "this is number 4" and then the mods will just delete them.

Meanwhile you can find a banner you like (clicking on some peoples' banners will wake you to where you can make one)

I got mine at the bottom of the page here where there are several you can click on to fill out:
http://ecigwiki.info/

(once you have 15 posts and an hours wait)...
You fill one out, then generate the BBcode, copy the BBcode
Then on ECF
Click Settings in upper right
Click Edit Signature on left side
Paste the BBcode into the text signature box
Save

And some tips for getting rid of those last 5 cigs...
1 - buy cigarettes you do not like to have around for emergencies. Your fave cigs are a greater temptation

2 - have enough batteries so you can leave your ecig set up overnight (as an added bonus, now you have a spare battery in case one of your batteries dies). I found it anooying and dispruptive at night to have to deicde "ok this is my last drag" and THEN be disassembling and setting stuff up to charge right before bed. And in the morning I would forget I had to go get the ecig parts and put it together before I could get nicotine. So now I just leave one set up overnight.

3. try a lot of juices - you will find some that really hit the spot for you.

For me the first was Backwoods Brew Casablanca - a complex Turkish blend w/ some cocoa. I bought it because of the cocoa - most cigs have cocoa in them and in my old faves it was noticeable. Turkish blends have a bit of funky nutty pungency that reminds me of a freshly opened pack. Sometimes I add more cocoa (FreedomSMokeUSA cocoa) to Casablanca. I also liked FreedomSMokeUSA Desert Ship (a stronger Turkish blend) and I would change up its flavor during the day by adding their chocolate, vanilla or oRYental 4 (sweet caramel tobacco).

Last edited:

wongster360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Washington
Dormouse, thanks for the tips. I usually do leave one setup overnight. I just have the two batteries that came with my starter kit but will be ordering a few more soon. I have a bunch of juice on the way so we'll see what I really like. I'm enjoying vaping immensely and it's done wonders in helping me cut back on the analogs. Down to 4 today and hope to be completely off by weeks end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread