Need Advice Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLsonZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
Land of no Freedom
Hi all! I've been smoking analogues for like 10 years coming to around 2 packs a day.

Heard so much about e cigarette & decided to change my life. Borrowed an ego-t from my friend which he doesn't use to try out.

I'm so excited after recieving from him. LOL!

But sadly when I fill up the tank with 24mg N marlboro reds juice, and took my first puff, I began to cough like a hyena. I also notice that the amount of vaper varies from puffs to puffs. Either no smoke or little.

I'm wondering whether is it the atomizer problem or the problem is with the juice.

Please advise ppl.

Thanks and cheers! !

Elson

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi elsonz, most likely problem would start with the atomizer/cartrige. That type system is known for being unreliable. A better solution would be to look at a regular cartomizer or clkearomizer or vivi nova. These feed systems are more reliable especially or a new user. Read as much as you can, watch some videos and make a decision which one(s) you would like to give a try. Good Luck.

eLsonZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
Land of no Freedom
Maybe its a used product by my friend. Aniwaes i saw this particular model and was wondering whether it would work nicely compared to the ego-t, cost a bomb but still deciding. Any suggestion guys? Lavatube.jpg

lhavelund

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Kolding, Denmark
How could a cartomizer be dry? Sorry but i don't get it. Lol

I still don't fully understand the delivery system you're using, but to answer your question regarding a cartomizer --

Cartomizers work by having a coil that runs through a tube filled up with filler; a spongy material that soaks up your juice and by channeling the juice to the coil so it can be vaporized.

lhavelund

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Kolding, Denmark
Maybe its a used product by my friend. Aniwaes i saw this particular model and was wondering whether it would work nicely compared to the ego-t, cost a bomb but still deciding. Any suggestion guys? View attachment 194364

That looks like a LavaTube with a Vivi Nova-style clearomizer. If you're looking to go into variable voltage and a clearomizer, I would recommend picking up a Vision Spinner (or similar) and a Vivi Nova/iClear 16 clearomizer. That won't run you more than $30--40, tops.

eLsonZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
Land of no Freedom
I still don't fully understand the delivery system you're using, but to answer your question regarding a cartomizer --

Cartomizers work by having a coil that runs through a tube filled up with filler; a spongy material that soaks up your juice and by channeling the juice to the coil so it can be vaporized.

I think i am currently using the atomizer with the tank system. Attached would be the picture.

Something is wrong either with the atomizer or the juice itself. I'm using Marlboro 24mg juice. Apparantly they tasted quite sweet? LOL
I wonder whether is my tastebuds going wrong or what. egot2.jpg EgoT.jpg

eLsonZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
Land of no Freedom
Can you order parts online if they are hard to get there? It sounds like you are using the stock eGo atty set up, those gave me trouble. I have had really good luck and a wonderful vaping experience with Kanger T3's. I highly recommend the BCC type delivery systems.

Normally shipping don't ship to Singapore. So its kind of hard to get supplies even for juices.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
Normally shipping don't ship to Singapore. So its kind of hard to get supplies even for juices.
Oh wow I see, that is quite unfortunate, especially since a lot of these parts come from your neck o' the woods! From your pictures, that's the atty I was imagining and it's the one I mentioned that I started with, except I started with an eGo Twist. So my two cents is that your atty/tanks is what's giving you the sub par experience. Your battery should take you a long way with the right delivery system.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
Hi all! I've been smoking analogues for like 10 years coming to around 2 packs a day.

Heard so much about e cigarette & decided to change my life. Borrowed an ego-t from my friend which he doesn't use to try out.

I'm so excited after recieving from him. LOL!

But sadly when I fill up the tank with 24mg N marlboro reds juice, and took my first puff, I began to cough like a hyena. I also notice that the amount of vaper varies from puffs to puffs. Either no smoke or little.

I'm wondering whether is it the atomizer problem or the problem is with the juice.

Please advise ppl.

Thanks and cheers! !

Elson

first thing i notice when giving a ecig to a smoker is they try to hit it the same as a cig a fast hard draw, when vaping you usually take a long slow draw and fill your mouth and then inhail it. but it could also be the atomizer he gave you with it is just bad or used up or it could just be that the juice you have is 100% pg that would give you a thin scratchy vape that most first timers cant handle.
you might want to get yourself some 50/50 pg/vg juice and a new atomizer and use his battery until you can get your own:)
good luck with vaping youll feel like a new person once you have switched:)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
It could be the way you're vaping and the juice flavor or nic strength. If it heavy menthol or cinnamon, for instance, that would give a strong throat hit you're probably not used to. The more nic, the stronger the throat hit also... 24mg can be pretty strong if you didn't smoke a full flavor cig. When you vape, you don't do it like some smokers do. You suck as if using a straw, fill your mouth with a little vapor with your mouth shut and then inhale with your lips slightly opened. If that works without coughing, then fill your mouth with more vapor until you reach that "too much throat hit" point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread