need advice on my first high end mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantstopwontstop

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
cary,nc,usa
Hey everybody!
So I'm finally ready to take a plunge and drop the money on a high end mechanical mod. I've been looking around and there is an overwhelming amount of different mods. I own about 7 mechanical clones so I know that I'm going to like the mechanical vaping style lol. I've been looking at a TON of stuff but I just can't seem to decide so I figured I'd post here and see if anyone can offer up some opinions and answer a couple questions or recommend a mod that meets the criteria I'm hoping to fulfill.

1. be able to accommodate all 18xxx size batteries
2. be 22mm diameter
3. under 200$
4. I prefer SS but if I find a brass mod I like well thats ok too.
5. some sort of originality, I dont want something that has a high functioning clone in production
6. most importantly have good voltage retention, nothing that loses more than 5-7% voltage drop.

The leading mod I'm thinking about currently is the roller from atmizoo.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I was going to suggest the Atmizoo Roller. I have 2 and love them. The Atmizoo Lab just came out. I had an Electric Angel and didn't care for the pinky button. I've never tried a bottom button but I don't think I'd like that either. The button on the Roller is kinda complicated to take apart and clean but if I can do it anyone can. There's also not a ton of Roller clones out there.

edit.. I just noticed we're not that far apart :) If you wanted to meet up say in Asheboro over the weekend.. I'd be glad to show you both of mine.

Last edited:

cantstopwontstop

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
cary,nc,usa
Thanks for the reply I wish I could as I really would like to see the roller before I buy one but asheboro is a ways from me lol. Did you get yours straight from Atmizoo? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger because It is really such a nice looking mod and the button is one that everyone raves about. I also like the finish because I hear it's about as close as you can get to the finish on my russian which makes it unique in my book. the shipping from greece is pretty steep like 27$.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
The GUS LORD is a beautiful mod. I don't know how well it performs but I'm sure it would be decent to great. First thing I thought of when reading your wants was the Vanilla Mod. My personal favorite is the JD Tech Stingray in phantom brass.

Blind, I would never own or recommend anything that did not perform great IMO

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Lord by GUS without the air control top - 100 euros shipped - its an outstanding pv and I highly recommend it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/526978-gus-lord-telescopic-mod-pictorial.html

I ordered the GUS Lord with AFC, I ordered some spare parts with it. They are doing some custom engraving for free, shipping is free.

Total price under $200, reviews on it from the people with it in their hands are great. I like the construction of the bottom switch, top-notch craftsmanship. IMO.

Lord with AFC is OOS at the moment but they do have the one with a solid top cap in stock.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Blind, I would never own or recommend anything that did not perform great IMO[/QUOTE

Do all of the Gus mods contain an amp limiting device???

No, some come with brass pole and hot spring. However, you can use the ones that have a fuse - without the fuse - M5 screw

Paps pin, Caravela pin - both fit and work well - neither one will work in 18350 mode though on the Lord - not long enough.

Many people have the 5 amp fuse and run RBA's at .8 and .9 with no problem. I put the 12 amp fuse in mine for just in case.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
OH nooooooooooooooo - I wish mine had custom engraving. rats - However, congrats to you Fear thats awesome

I saw it somewhere here that they do add the engraving. I put in order notes if they could engrave FEAR either in English or Greek, their choice.
I got an Email back within a few hours that stated the order would be delayed for one day to engrave FEAR. :toast:

If you look closely at Q's Lord his is Engraved :)

I have but one regret about my order. I was going to add in the three drip tips they offer. Since I am a drip tip hoarder. But forgot, I am sure there will be another order at some point in the future though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread