need help and advice on upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyman32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2014
maryland
Im been vaping close to a year now so it something I want to stay with up until now I've been using istick 30 and the mvp 20 watt, so since I've definitely am staying vaping what would my next upgrade be? Lookin for something less than 100 buck that is dependable, hopefully a internal battery but that not a necessity, also smething . Cam use to subohm and vape above su. 28th all the choices and I feel overwhelmed so I figured someone with experience can help me thank you

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Internal battery will be difficult as most choices are similar to what you have now. There is the new MVP Pro that goes to 60W, and has a huge battery.

The ipv4 is interesting because its 100W, has temp limiting, and a Yihi chip.

The Sigelei 100W Plus and 150W can be found under $80 and can do pretty much anything. They've been very reliable.

The ipv mini 2 is 70W and an easily portable size.

Reactions: khalidmna

ainnipe

Sep 5, 2014
United States
I just picked up the HB40 (Heartbeat) from HCigar about 2 months ago. It is a single 18650 battery box mod with temp control and 40 watts to work with. As far as box mods go it is much smaller than most and pretty powerful. The best part is it was less than $100 (about 95 before tax). If you want wattage and temp control I would say that is your gateway mod.

Reactions: jerseyman32

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The new Evic VT box mod was just released for under $80 for the full kit. It has a 5000 mAh internal battery, goes up to 60 watts and has temperature control -- so there is room to grow if you wish to try sub-ohming or temperature protection. The full kit includes the new Ego One Mega tankomizer with temperature control coils, or you can use any 510 connection device.

For a slight step up from your current set-up, there is the new Innokin Cool Fire IV. 40 watts and a small, sleek design with internal 2000 mAh battery.

Reactions: WonderDude32

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Im been vaping close to a year now so it something I want to stay with up until now I've been using istick 30 and the mvp 20 watt, so since I've definitely am staying vaping what would my next upgrade be? Lookin for something less than 100 buck that is dependable, hopefully a internal battery but that not a necessity, also smething . Cam use to subohm and vape above su. 28th all the choices and I feel overwhelmed so I figured someone with experience can help me thank you

Hiya Jerseyman. You might could ask over at the itty-bitty mod thread, here:
Little itty bitty mods under $100. | Page 110 | E-Cigarette Forum

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I just picked up the HB40 (Heartbeat) from HCigar about 2 months ago. It is a single 18650 battery box mod with temp control and 40 watts to work with. As far as box mods go it is much smaller than most and pretty powerful. The best part is it was less than $100 (about 95 before tax). If you want wattage and temp control I would say that is your gateway mod.
That was a good buy up until today. Vapor Shark DNA 40 is $100 now and the rDNA 40 is $130.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

jerseyman32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2014
maryland
Dad looking for temp control reliability, my current set up does not keep a level charge as the day goes on it seems the drags are hard to pull, I was considering the istick 50 but not sure about it .heard alot of bugs with it. And as far as amp 30-70 would be good for me but that el100 watt selgali ipv mini 3 or the evic vtvsound about right thanks

RebornLincoln06

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
Grapevine, TX
And does the ipv minis have temp control, or the evic brb.or cool fire?

IPV Mini's don't have temperature control. Only IPV device that does is the IPV4. As far to my knowledge (probably wrong) only devices that have temperature control are the Vapor Shark 40watts, Heartbeats and the IPV 4's.

I am a daily user of the IPV 2 mini and absolutely love this thing. Runs up to 70 watts which is great with my Atlantis 2 with the .3 coils. I also enjoy the smaller size of it. It's a single battery, so it's not bulky like the Sigelei's are and can easily slide into your pocket.

Only problem I have with it is it only reads down to a .2, so if you're looking to super sub ohm your best bet is probably the Sigelei 100 watt. But I would highly recommend the IPV 2 mini.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
How big a differan a is a vapor shark dna 40 than a vaped shark rdna forty? I usually vape 50/:)50 not much sub ohm
You definitely don't need to sub-ohm to enjoy a DNA 40 or rDNA 40. It can go from 1 watt to 40 watts and 1 volt to 9 volts with a max resistance of 2 ohms.

The main difference between the two is the DNA 40 is slightly smaller with a built-in battery while the rDNA 40 comes with a removable LG HE2 18650. The rDNA also has a wireless charging option if you buy the charger for another $25 and through USB has zip charging which will fully recharge your mod in 90 minutes. I'm not sure if the regular DNA 40 has this option. And if you ever wanted to use temperature control but don't build or use higher watts, Vapor Shark sells Ni200 coils for the Aspire Nautilus.

It's also capable of Buck & Boost and is DC-DC. The accuracy of this device is right there with the ProVari.

Here are the specs of the chip.

0767132ce7c4196dc32cd19d6235f766.jpg

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Sooooooooooooooooooo many good choices.

I don't like built in batteries but many do.

Hana Modz has a 30w for 79 thats made in the US. I love the style.

IPV mini2 is a great little mod. Mine only has 30w but the newer ones do 70w.

With alittle looking IPV4 can be had for 65 bucks and has everything. Its big if you have small hands but perfect in my large hands.

Soooooooooooooooo many to choose from.

How do I sleep at night knowing all these mods are waiting to come into my life.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Sooooooooooooooooooo many good choices.

I don't like built in batteries but many do.

Hana Modz has a 30w for 79 thats made in the US. I love the style.

IPV mini2 is a great little mod. Mine only has 30w but the newer ones do 70w.

With alittle looking IPV4 can be had for 65 bucks and has everything. Its big if you have small hands but perfect in my large hands.

Soooooooooooooooo many to choose from.

How do I sleep at night knowing all these mods are waiting to come into my life.
Vapor Sharks 30w is down to $45 and its the same chip as the HANA.

jerseyman32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2014
maryland
I'm really in search of a mod the will give me the great first drags when I have a good coil in consistency, I love my I sticks but after 3--4 hours I need to work at getting a nice pull it it, does temp control help worth thAt and I love a internal battery that lasts all day . I guess a guy can dream lol, any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread