Need help finding replacement nuts for the veritas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure it this is the proper place but I hope it is.
Anyways, I need help on where to find replacement nuts for my Veritas. I can't seem to find anywhere that might carry them.
could anyone post the sizes of the nuts used on the Veritas? Maybe I would have a better time finding the nut size I need. thanks a million.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Which version do you have? The only post I've seen gave the screws as M2 x 4mm, and the nuts as M2.5, but that was for a clone with the stainless center pin. I have what's supposed to be a 1:1 clone from FT with the brass pin and it really looks more like M2 to me. I don't have an accurate way to measure though.

Perhaps take a screw out, and see if the nut will fit. That might tell you if the nut is M2 or M2.5, or hopefully someone will come along that knows.

Hey Axel,

Can't help you with the size or were to get them, but I tough I could share a tip...

One way I found to not lose those suckers, damage the threads of the post ( in the top)
That way those nuts will never pass that damaged area. I used pliers to damage the threads.

It's not that I lost it, it's because it didn't arrive with everything. It was one nut short of being complete.
But that's great advice. Thanks.

Which version do you have? The only post I've seen gave the screws as M2 x 4mm, and the nuts as M2.5, but that was for a clone with the stainless center pin. I have what's supposed to be a 1:1 clone from FT with the brass pin and it really looks more like M2 to me. I don't have an accurate way to measure though.

Perhaps take a screw out, and see if the nut will fit. That might tell you if the nut is M2 or M2.5, or hopefully someone will come along that knows.

It's a 1:1 clone i believe. Here's a pic of it:
IMG_20141114_124431_268.jpg

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Thanks, I will look for m2? 2m nuts and hope I can find them.

yes, what youre looking for is an M2 hex nut. the outside diameter is 4mm but that measurement is not as significant. many online screw shops sell them (usually in bulk but some you can get small packs from or even request a free sample). hardware stores, hobby shops or radio shack might carry them too. if all else fails, you could try a specialty screw store called Fastenal. they have/order just about any screw accessory.

its hard to tell from the photo, but your insulator might not be up to par either. for a top quality PEEK veritas insulator, you can find them at mellow moxie. i made a purchase with them and the insulator nut fits perfectly- better then the stock one (which melted on mine). plus PEEK can handle much more heat than the stock clone insulator.

fyi my veritas is a tobeco clone.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I don't think I'd want to damage the threads on mine. The top insulator is threaded and that would make the pin hard to screw out for cleaning or replacement of parts.

Because it's threaded the center pin is adjustable albeit a very narrow range. (You can compress the bottom oring more or less for almost a mm of movement.)

Last edited:
I don't think I'd want to damage the threads on mine. The top insulator is threaded and that would make the pin hard to screw out for cleaning or replacement of parts.

Because it's threaded the center pin is adjustable albeit a very narrow range. (You can compress the bottom oring more or less for almost a mm of movement.)

Good point. Thanks for pointing that out. :D

Aga-T Genesis atomizer thumb screws perfectly fit the Veritas.

Thanks, I will look in to it once I can find where i can get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread