Need Help for Round Wire Build on a Orbit Mission xv RBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanTX313

Jan 12, 2023
Does anyone know what is the perfect wire gage, wrap count and inner diameter for a Mission XV Orbit rba? Mainly I'm after battery longevity and maximum flavor. Will most likely go with round wire since it will be cheaper. I'll be going through builds pretty quickly due to the dessert flavors I really love.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Does anyone know what is the perfect wire gage, wrap count and inner diameter for a Mission XV Orbit RBA? Mainly I'm after battery longevity and maximum flavor. Will most likely go with round wire since it will be cheaper. I'll be going through builds pretty quickly due to the Dessert flavors I really love.

Thanks.

Are you an MTL, restricted DL or DL vaper?

What wattages do you normally vape at?

Do you vape in only wattage mode or do you vape in TC?

What kinds of wire have you previously used?

There is no "perfect" wire gauge that suits every vaper. What works for one may not, and in many cases, does not, work for another. We're all different.

I'd suggest trying a few different wire gauges. In the process you will find what works best for you.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Does anyone know what is the perfect wire gage, wrap count and inner diameter for a Mission XV Orbit RBA? Mainly I'm after battery longevity and maximum flavor. Will most likely go with round wire since it will be cheaper. I'll be going through builds pretty quickly due to the Dessert flavors I really love.

Thanks.
Like @ShowMeTwice said mate just bang a coil in and see how you get on, everyones different, you might hate what someone else uses

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2023
I think a 28ga single wire its pretty good as a starting point for MTL and a little bit of RDL use, if you want anything more you can try more thick wires or some pre-made fine MTL Clapton wires and then can decide what do like and get going in that direction... !

Personally i use only Stainless Steel 316 28ga single spaced coils, with Temperature Control and without on my RTAs, and the same thing on my RDAs but with thicker wire ! About the inner diameter and in general, it depends on what do you want from your atomizer and from the type - style of your deck... !? For example : on my Kayfun Lite Plus i build in a 2mm because has a small deck and less air flow it hits quite hard, so with this small build im trying to get as much air as possible... but on a similar type RTA with a little bigger deck and little more air flow, i made it 2.5 or 3mm, because im trying to fill out the space of deck so to almost can get a similar puffs on both RTAs... ! So in general is up to you and how do you like to vape, and on your devices and what the can give you and what you can take from them... !

Just my opinion and how i like to use my devices... !

IvanTX313

Jan 12, 2023
Are you an MTL, restricted DL or DL vaper?

What wattages do you normally vape at?

Do you vape in only wattage mode or do you vape in TC?

What kinds of wire have you previously used?

There is no "perfect" wire gauge that suits every vaper. What works for one may not, and in many cases, does not, work for another. We're all different.

I'd suggest trying a few different wire gauges. In the process you will find what works best for you.
Hi, thank you for your input. I've always been a DL vaper but have recently been leaning towards Restricted Direct lung for some reason. Wattage wise I usually vape from 40-78ish. For wire I've used kenthanl and some ni80 Alien Pre-builts. But since I've ruined Aliens in a short time span, I've chosen to go the traditional route for coil builds.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hi, thank you for your input. I've always been a DL vaper but have recently been leaning towards Restricted Direct lung for some reason. Wattage wise I usually vape from 40-78ish. For wire I've used kenthanl and some ni80 Alien Pre-builts. But since I've ruined Aliens in a short time span, I've chosen to go the traditional route for coil builds.

Morning IvanTX.

I also enjoy the occasional pre-built Ni80 Aliens and Ni80 TriCores up to 30w and restricted DL.

Sitting between those and simple round wire is basic clapton wire. I really like WireOptim's spooled SS316L 26/36 clapton wire. It gives you more mass versus 26g simple round. I use that 26/36 SS316L with 2.5-3.5 ID's on several RBA's. Great flavor.

They also have kanthal clapton wire spools.

WireOptim is a great vendor (they used to be Lightning Vapes). Excellent wire, and very clean wire. They ship super quick.

They have a chart for their various wires that shows wire type, coil ID, number of wraps and ohms. It's very useful. Here:

Maybe give them a try?

Reactions: IvanTX313

IvanTX313

Jan 12, 2023
Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely give them a try!
Morning IvanTX.

I also enjoy the occasional pre-built Ni80 Aliens and Ni80 TriCores up to 30w and restricted DL.

Sitting between those and simple round wire is basic clapton wire. I really like WireOptim's spooled SS316L 26/36 clapton wire. It gives you more mass versus 26g simple round. I use that 26/36 SS316L with 2.5-3.5 ID's on several RBA's. Great flavor.

They also have kanthal clapton wire spools.

WireOptim is a great vendor (they used to be Lightning Vapes). Excellent wire, and very clean wire. They ship super quick.

They have a chart for their various wires that shows wire type, coil ID, number of wraps and ohms. It's very useful. Here:

Maybe give them a try?
Thanks for the advice I'll definitely give them a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread