Need help getting into Rebuildable world

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackPurple

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Malaysia
i already make a lot of study about rba setup via ecf n YouTube..
i also help my friend set his brand new cobra tank last few weeks..
so i think im ready n wanna step into rebuildable world now..

i just need some recommendation for my very first rba..
i wont mind any type,any size..but i dont want break my bank..
im looking into AGA-T+, Genesis Atty, n Phoenix...but still,i cant make a decision yet..

can u guys recommend me?any rba..
as long its match or looks good with my eVic..

Lord Vaako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
CT
I have 2 ZAPs and don't really like them. Sure they're good when they work, but they're a major PIA. Really not worth it if you ask me. I have a brand new one that I haven't even opened. I got so fed up with the one used that I just gave up. You have to keep them upright basically all the time or they'll leak, so forget about vaping in bed and falling asleep with it. I think I spent more time fiddling with it trying to get it to work perfectly than i did vaping. Good luck, but I would recommend staying with a DCT set up. They hold more juice and you won't be walking on egg shells.

BlackPurple

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Malaysia
its not really worry me if i cant bring this rba to vape on bed..
i think u guys know Vivi Nova v6?i think its not original,but china made?
whatever it is,thats my tank on my bed vapes..not leaking at all even vape it upside down..

IMAG1528.jpg

well,yeah..after some survey on various ejuice last night,i kinda need my upcoming rba is made from glass or steel..
i dont want my rba ruin my good time if i put some ejuice that can destroy my tank n forgot to clean it..totally not cool isnt it?

Blazin,thats quite an info u gave me there :D
but i cant find any dealer sell it around my country :? (awkward moment)
consider this is my first rba,i think i will spend $50 top..so that just get into my list on my first rba choice...
thx :D

Last edited:

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
I dont reccommend putting mini novas upside down, it may not leak but can flood your coil.

Look into healthcabin, they ship from china so pretty close. I have an AGA T+ right now, works like a champ for only $25. If you want to down the price even more, there is a mini DID clone out there for $16.

Grandmaster B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
So Cal, USA
I was wondering about the ZAP being held upright all the time, does that go for most gen type RBA's? I just got a AGA-T and I will admit that I am having a hard time with it. I wasn't sure if I should put the fill screw back in after I fill it with juice or if I leave it out. It would make sense to screw it back in to prevent the juice from leaking.

SteveW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
I was wondering about the ZAP being held upright all the time, does that go for most gen type RBA's? I just got a AGA-T and I will admit that I am having a hard time with it. I wasn't sure if I should put the fill screw back in after I fill it with juice or if I leave it out. It would make sense to screw it back in to prevent the juice from leaking.

Putting the fill screw in will definitely slow down juice leaking to the top but unless you have some airflow available to the wick it could have a negative effect on vapor quality. Not so much of a problem if your wick is a loose fit so air can move around it but then your back to square one where juice can move to the top of the atty. You pretty much have to accept the fact that genesis style atomisers should be kept upright to prevent flooding the top. All that said, in my opinion the vaping experience from an rba cannot be beaten by any other setup. Check out the results some now getting with ceramic wick setups on these things. It is truly incredible.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i suggest anyone interested in RBA's spend time in the RBA forum to see setups. advice, tips and tricks as well as info on some of the available atty's

personally (and it it just my opinion) i think the zap is old news and could do with a few upgrades, it is also made to only fit the provari and similar shaped mods.

two of the better topshelf are the DID and cobra. my faves.
the AGA's with the oring cap and glass are decent startup atty's

Last edited:

Chris474

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
NJ
I'm loving the AGA-T2 with the O-rings....

I have NO leaking, inverted it for about 20 mins on my desk to test....

I have NO wicking issues and I leave the fill screw in, just a few twists...I don't thread it all the way down every time.

I bought 1 a few weeks back from GV for $30 and the glass tank for a few dollars more...I've been vaping it straight ever since....

I have 2 low quality DID clones that I absolutely HATE! I have some dripping bullys and HATE dripping, I don't want to fiddle.

I wanted some new hardware and couldn't find a Vamo SS in stock anywhere but SmokTek.com. so, since I also wanted another AGA-T2, I ordered that too from them. GUESS what...I don't know if its a mistake or misprint or what, but I got 2 AGAs for $30 from them! The box actually had two side by side! If you're looking to try the AGA-T2, smoktek.com may well have the best deal I've seen! With Pyrex tanks! What!? Thank you SmokTek!

darunype.jpg

VAMO with 18350 vs Provari with 18650
upu4ejyz.jpg

I use 32g Nichrome twisted for my coil...
maqygyzu.jpg

My SS wick fits lightly snug in the coil and loose in the wick hole...

Good luck with the AGA-T2!

Oh, and with this coil rated 1.3o by both the Vamo & Provari I cape it at 3.8v on the Provari and 8w on the Vamo...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
I wanted to get into RBA's and jumped straight into a hybrid from ego twists with carto tanks. I waited for a Macaveli 350 and picked one up. There is a learning curve to setting it up, but once you get it right you understand why people like genesis type RBA's. I also did a U wick instead of a straight wick like Mac recommended for his device. I didn't find it very difficult to set up in all honesty, but I've been always good with tinkering with things.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Thrasher, how do you rate the AGA T+ (the one with O ring cap) against the DID? Just curious.
got me, never owned one but i was thinking of picking one up just so i have experience with it.

first time i got a DID clone and loved Geni's so much i went right to the topshelf, and been buying and selling the nice ones (the classifieds here rock) so i never fooled with the cheaper ones after that. i think that is a good post for the RBA subforum though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread