Need help making Eliquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have a 10ml bottle of 50pg/50vg with 6mg nic
and a 10ml bottle of flavouring , how much flavouring should i add?

Well that depends heavily on the flavoring. tobacco flavorings if I remember right are roughly 5% by volume, most others range from 10-20% by volume. There quite a few guides on here.

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
It says recommended at 10-20%. So if you like milder, try 10%. Medium, try 15%. A lot of flavor 20%. Its easier to start low with a small amount total e liquid, and add more than to dilute too much flavor.

So you either want to add 1, 1 1/2, or 2ml. However the downside is steeping times. % can change also on VG/PG ratio.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
So you either want to add 1, 1 1/2, or 2ml. However the downside is steeping times. % can change also on VG/PG ratio.

OP only has 10ml of base though.

S/he should maybe start by making a 2.5ml total sample. 10% flavooring would be 0.25ml. So 0.25ml of flavoring and 2.25ml of base.

Reactions: inspects

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
OP only has 10ml of base though.

S/he should maybe start by making a 2.5ml total sample. 10% flavooring would be 0.25ml. So 0.25ml of flavoring and 2.25ml of base.

I was in the middle of correcting myself actually with adjustments for the amount he actually has, and a transformer blew and my power only just came back in. Thanks fro jumping in there though.

ufosnowcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Aalst, Belgium
general advice for new flavours; start low (+-5%) it's easyer to add more than to take out.
as the liquid matures some flavours become a lot stronger some less, if you can make several test batches and test at different ages

also when you diy it is easyer to have more base liquid to work with when you are creating

back to your 10ml base, to end up with 10ml final with lets say 5%flavour
you would need 9.5ml base and .5ml flavour

to add to your 10 it would be like .525 or so to end up with 10.525, this dous not seem like a big difference and you can get a nice vape. but if you are trying to get a taste just right in batches that size .025 of flavour dous a lot

/rant off ;p

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
20 drops is approx 1ml of liquid.
For a 10ml bottle i would add around 1-1.5ml total of fruity flavouring.
0.3-0.5ml total of tobacco or savoury flavouring.
1ml total of sweet flavouring.
These are guidelines, start with the lowest amount of flavouring and work up as required.
I've looked at these 10ml bottles of unflavoured base liquid before but they work out very expensive compared with buying 1 litre bottles. The predetermined PG/VG mix is also a turn off for me and seems topsy turvy. The higher the nic content, the higher PG content seems to be the opposite of what i would like.
Ideal for experimenting with though. Good luck with your creations. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread