Need Help Replacing My One And Only Vaping Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCatz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Near My Coffee
I asked this question on the Vets forum and they suggested I post here. I've been vaping since December 2011 and I only vape one flavor, Minthol. I started out at 16mg and tried to lower to 11mg but the flavor changed drastically from menthol to spearmint. The company explained they mix the flavors below 16mg differently and if I wanted the same flavor I needed to stay at 16mg, so I did. All 16mg has been spot on with flavor until my order this week. The two 50ml bottles I received were full blown spearmint flavor. I contacted the company and they did replace them but the flavor is different so I am guessing they have either changed the recipe or products they mix with. I know about steeping but I have always been able to use the juice right out of the FedEx box until now. The 11mg I purchased in Feb. is still sitting on a shelf and the flavor has not changed much. Just getting a stronger spearmint flavor. My husband has tried the juice as well and agrees they are as different as night and day. Even the color of the liquid is different. The good 16mg is a light brown color and my last order is clear as water. One bottle even smells like a bottle of perfume, not menthol. I've left the tops off, danced in the rain, balanced on one foot while filling my carto and anything else I can do to make it the liquid I need it to be. Nothing is working. :)

Now I am stuck with either finding one that is very close or the same as my one and only flavor or going back to analogs. I use SmokTech eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer's on the JoyeTech eGo 18650 Battery Mod. I've tried other flavors that my husband vapes and I just don't like sweet, candy flavors or tobacco harsh flavors. I always smoked menthol analogs and that is really the only thing I like.

Does anyone know of a good menthol recipe? I may be forced to start mixing my own at this point. The juice I am using doesn't have a lot of information other than it is 50% PG. I tried a VG heavy juice my husband was vaping and I thought I would barf. The hit wasn't so bad but the after taste was horrible. The only way to describe it is I thought I was vaping cough syrup..yucko!

If you have a good recipe and don't want to post it please PM me with the info. I swear I won't share with anyone. I am up against a wall right now and trying not to freak that I cannot get the same flavor that I love. If I can find one that is close I will be happy. I don't like vaping spearmint gum...barf! My husband has started mixing his own so I guess that is the direction I need to go to maintain a good flavor.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Plain menthol juice is very easy to make. You just add menthol drops to your base liquid which would be your already mixed Nic, PG and VG. It is that simple. I use 1 drop of Menthol Drops per 10 ml of my base liquid. I also make a mixture of Flavour Art Peppermint at 5% of my base and 1 drop menthol per 10 ml of my base. You could easily just use a spearmint and menthol if you prefer.

DIY is very easy. It is so much better to be able to get the flavor exactly where you like it too.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Here is an example of what you would need to make a 30 ml batch starting with 36 mg Nicotine and ending up with 18 mg nicotine

Recipe
ingredient ml % of total
PG or VG with nicotine 15.0 ml 50.0%
PG or VG (no nicotine) 13.5 ml 45.0%

Flavoring(s) 1.5 ml 5.0%

I used this simple calculator eJuice Recipe Calculator

I hope this helped and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread