Need help with Vertex: The tubes keep cracking/breaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerais

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2011
Dayton, OH
SOLVED: DON'T USE CINNAMON BASED E-juice IN THESE

I received 5 boxes of the new Vertex's today. I hope that I'm doing something wrong, because these things taste great!

Here is the issue, and it has happened with the only three I have tried. I've stopped because I'm sick of them breaking/wasting ejuice... I pop the top and fill up the vertex, replace cap, and put it onto my pv. I start smoking, it taste great, everything seems good. Then I notice what appears to be a spiderweb fracture, starting at the bottom near the atty.

It starts small, and grows large until the entire thing just breaks apart. I put the first one onto my PV snugly, so the remaining two I did very gently, not even screwing all the way on because I thought it was me causing the problem. Well all three are broken.

I've taken them out of two of the boxes I have, I was hoping maybe I just got a bad batch or something.

What should I do? Does anyone else have this problem? I really want to like these things, they taste great, but 0/3 doesn't bode very well...

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
ok, what kind of juice are you using?
just like the ce2 tubes, even though the vrtoex tube is thicker it is still susceptible to issues with acidic juices or cinnamon type juices and some have mentioned a sour apple type. so when using any plastic type cartos you should try to avoid those juices.

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
it depends on what flavoring she uses for lemonade,if its heavy on the lemon oil and is acidic it might be but it might not, what you can do is this, clean out the one that cracked from the snickerdoodle, then take some of the lemonade and add some ot the cracked vortex and leave it there for 5 minutes, then inspect it to see if it caused any fractures, if you see nothing then its fine.

xerais

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2011
Dayton, OH
Well it was definitely the cinnamon guys. The strawberry lemonade is vaping just fine, no problems this far, and all the fractures appeared literally after the first couple hits on the snickerdoodle.

Good to know... thanks for all the quick reply's, god I love this forum =)

I saved the "broke ones" because I ordered some 3ml syringes a couple days ago, figure I'll use them with those in some mods I'll try out.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
It is hard to believe that the manufacturers have not solved the ESCR problem (enviornmental stress cracking). The clear tubes are not chemically resistant either on this or the Fluxomizers/Clearomizers.

My bet is that they are styrene. You do not even have to vape with the damm things to get them to crack and leak. I filled one, got called away, and when I cam back there was juice all over the place. It was Apple Pie.

This is pure, unadulterated horse menure. The tubes of my smart carts have not cracked, oddly enough because there is not stress on the base.

One other reason is that there is a stress on the plastic from the press fit onto the base. The metal will expand faster than the plastic which adds even more stress to what is a poor design from an engineering perspective. Even though there is no heat on the clearos' base, just stuffing your PV into a shirt pocket will raise the temperature 20 degrees.

At this stage, I would say the we the consumers are funding the R&D and learning curve of the suppliers.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
It is hard to believe that the manufacturers have not solved the ESCR problem (enviornmental stress cracking). The clear tubes are not chemically resistant either on this or the Fluxomizers/Clearomizers.

My bet is that they are styrene. You do not even have to vape with the damm things to get them to crack and leak. I filled one, got called away, and when I cam back there was juice all over the place. It was Apple Pie.

This is pure, unadulterated horse menure. The tubes of my smart carts have not cracked, oddly enough because there is not stress on the base.

One other reason is that there is a stress on the plastic from the press fit onto the base. The metal will expand faster than the plastic which adds even more stress to what is a poor design from an engineering perspective. Even though there is no heat on the clearos' base, just stuffing your PV into a shirt pocket will raise the temperature 20 degrees.

At this stage, I would say the we the consumers are funding the R&D and learning curve of the suppliers.

True...love the CE2 engine in them tho'...I get metal ones if I can, and with the clearo's I just know the tubes suck and use my own.

I dunno why they stick with that plastic type.....seems they could use something else.

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
you shouldn't have to "USE ANOTHER JUICE" the manufactures, suppliers and distributors all need to get there heads out of there rectums!!

as with ce2 clearos they are using the wrong F%$#@ plastic. this problem would not exist if they would stop using brittle, easily stressed plastics. i'm not quite sure what plastic they are using, it's either an acrylic or a styrene, both easily stressed, and they are cut with a ferrous blade (a saw of some kind) that start the stress cracks. they SHOULD be using a PET (soda bottle/shiny clear juice bottle) or even a HDPE (milk bottle/milky clear juice bottle, not as pretty) and they should be laser or hot-wire cut (heat cuts down on stress).

rectalcranial.gif

Last edited:

sirpops

Jan 10, 2011
Ashland, OH
Its not any particular juice. All of mine have cracked using DeKang USA and Tobacco. The CE2 X is my favorite cartomizer except for the cracking. It is simply the wrong plastic. Thats a shame. This is a good product that could be a great one if they got their act together.

You suppliers should be driving this issue. Instead of putting warnings on your web site not to use this juice or that juice you should be pounding their phone lines until they understand the USA market. I have to believe the USA market is big enough to demand solutions.

I just ordered some metal fluxos. At least, that will resolve the cracking issue. Hope everything else works the same.

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Its not any particular juice. All of mine have cracked using DeKang USA and Tobacco. The CE2 X is my favorite cartomizer except for the cracking. It is simply the wrong plastic. Thats a shame. This is a good product that could be a great one if they got their act together.

You suppliers should be driving this issue. Instead of putting warnings on your web site not to use this juice or that juice you should be pounding their phone lines until they understand the USA market. I have to believe the USA market is big enough to demand solutions.

I just ordered some metal fluxos. At least, that will resolve the cracking issue. Hope everything else works the same.

well, i do know dannoman, i believe, was on the phone with them last night,,,,it was in the a thread on here dealing with the vortex,,,and i do believe it was out of consideration that note was made about the ejuice,,,,,,omg, people, this was out of consideration!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread