Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Ive been using an ipv2 and itaste mvp but Im looking for more of a quality mod now
Something of high quality, im leaning towards mechanical and wood box mods now
If u can, please provide links on where to buy then or names of vendors who carrys them

1. Authentic nemesis
2. A wood mod capable of 30-50w
3. Nemesis clones
4. A high end mod or mechanical that you highly recommend

thank you !

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
Are you looking for a rebuildable dripper, genesis atomizer, or tank? Or do you already have one of those, seeing as you have an IPV2?

If you don't, I'd recommend the following:
- CLT by Infinite - Infinite is a well-known clone manufacturer, and this is their debut into authentics. I've heard it's a fantastic little RDA, and it looks like it takes all the best parts from several different popular models. The center post style makes it very easy to build one.
- Smoktech RSST - this is a Genesis-type atomizer, which is a bit harder to build than the other two. You'll need to pick up stainless steel mesh and watch a lot of build videos before getting it right. I've been working on rebuildable atomizers for about 7 months now and I still can't get a build right on my Kraken after 5-6 tries. Currently waiting on more mesh. With that said, it's supposed to have fantastic flavor and a tank is always a plus.
- Russian 91 - I personally have this and like it. It's not my favorite tank (my GP Spheroid is) but it's easy to build on. It may take a couple tries to get the wicking right, but there's a bunch of great tutorials to help you out on YouTube. This is high-end 'clone' of the Kayfun, and performs just as well.

As for a mod, there's a lot of good ones but the Lifestyle Mod and the Doomsday mod are authentic USA made mechanical mods for a great price. You can also go for a Simple T Workhorse - a great mod at a great price from a well-respected company.

For batteries I highly recommend AW IMR. They're almost all I use, with the exception of two Sony VTC5, and they've always performed very well for me.

I also highly recommend not building anything below .8 ohms to start. Keep it safe and figure out what you like first. You currently have a regulated mod and you're going unregulated, which means you'll need to read up on battery safety.

For all the links I posted - VaporDNA is a fine site, and I've only used them once, but they have a 10% off deal which will allow you to get a few things in one place to combine shipping and get a nice discount to boot.

I saw and held an Axis box mod tonight, was very nice feeling. Pretty large and a little hefty on what ol' boy said he paid for it, but the construction was flawless and the features were abundant. The finish is pretty darn amazing and no two are alike as it is made from wood that has a heavy color variance from piece to piece used for production. If I were more into box mods I would probably add one to my collection though I am not into them enough to drop what he said he paid on one.

Looked like he was chuckin some nice clouds with a regulated sub-ohm build, I was stoked for the guy. He was super happy with his purchase!

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I have the clt infinite built at .8 ohms but im not chucking huge clouds like my friend, what could be the issue ? Im running 100% vg with about 15% pg flavoring, i take about 2-3 second pulls at 20 and watts, at 25 watts the vape was getting too warm for me already imagine 50 watts... Ill burn my lungs maybe lol

Smoktech i might have to pass on since i bought organic japanese cotton since ive heard they work the best in terms of flavor

The russian is nice but too bad its made in plastic so that is a no go, i had a few plastic tanks and two of them "waxed up" and can never be used again, i would break stuff if i spent all that money my russian waxed up, i guess thats where kayfun4 comes in lol

I also was eyeing the axis mod, but there were some shortcomings rip tripper pointed out that made me not excited about it anymore

Hana modz look good but i feel $250 is overkill for a 30watt device

My friend got an authentic genesis mech, but i cant find it anywhere online, he told me he got it from vaperev but i cant find...

He also got a kayfun lite on it, that thing puts decent flavor and vapor but is so small lol

As of now im thinking of picking up something like kayfun and a genesis mech

Or a wood mod and kayfun

Last edited:

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
I have the clt infinite built at .8 ohms but im not chucking huge clouds like my friend, what could be the issue ? Im running 100% vg with about 15% pg flavoring, i take about 2-3 second pulls at 20 and watts, at 25 watts the vape was getting too warm for me already imagine 50 watts... Ill burn my lungs maybe lol

You shouldn't be running that high watts on that low of a build. If you want to run low builds then keep the watts low. The variable wattage is so that you can up your coil resistance to get more surface area. If you want to do 50 watts build your coils to be at maybe 2 ohms.

Smoktech i might have to pass on since i bought organic japanese cotton since ive heard they work the best in terms of flavor

I prefer rayon, stainless steel, and ekowool to japanese cotton. But it is very good, and much better than standard cotton. This is all personal, though.

The russian is nice but too bad its made in plastic so that is a no go, i had a few plastic tanks and two of them "waxed up" and can never be used again, i would break stuff if i spent all that money my russian waxed up, i guess thats where kayfun4 comes in lol

The Russian comes with a SS tank for that exact reason. Find out which liquids are tank crackers, like cinnamon or citrus, etc, and avoid those unless you're using your SS tank. If you currently have a Russian using your SS tank and buying a new plastic one for ~$2-5 is your cheapest option.

I also was eyeing the axis mod, but there were some shortcomings rip tripper pointed out that made me not excited about it anymore

IMO it's quite overpriced. I can't find it for less than $280 anywhere and it doesn't seem much better than box mods we'll be seeing in the next month or two that will cost less than $200. They won't be wood.

You can always go over to reddit, to PV Commission, and ask for exactly what you want.

Hana modz look good but i feel $250 is overkill for a 30watt device

Yes. Look at the VaporShark rDNA. Much better build quality, apparently, at $60 less. And VaporShark's customer service won't ignore you for weeks until finally snapping and telling you off. Hana Modz has a bad rep.

My friend got an authentic genesis mech, but i cant find it anywhere online, he told me he got it from vaperev but i cant find...

He also got a kayfun lite on it, that thing puts decent flavor and vapor but is so small lol

As of now im thinking of picking up something like kayfun and a genesis mech

Or a wood mod and kayfun

What genesis did he get? What's the name/look? There are no genesis mechs on the market that i'm aware of, unless you mean genesis hybrid mech?

If you want a genesis, the Smoktech RSST is your best bet for starting with genesis atomizers - the clones are all over the map in quality and the RSST has some nifty little features that make it better than most genny clones. You can also buy upgrades and replacement parts for it much more easily. For example, I bought the single coil and found a chamber reduction insert from another site that will intensify the flavor. If you decide you like the vape you get from the RSST you can invest in something more expensive.

The Kayfun lite will put out the same as your Russian. No reason to get a Kayfun if you have a Russian. You'd be buying the same thing a second time, basically. Also note almost all aftermarket Kayfun parts will fit the Russian too.

You need to know two things: first, if you want to buy a box mod you need to do more research on how to build your coils. You'll find yourself not enjoying it at all if you're trying to vape at 50 watts off subohm coils. If you're willing to up your resistance by buying thinner gauge wire and playing around with it, go for it. A regulated mod is great because it gives you options but you can't build the same coils you would for a mech. There's no reason to go subohm on a regulated device.

Also, do not go high wattage with a genesis atomizer. It needs lower wattage. Even a freshly charged battery at 4.1/4.2 volts won't be great on a genny, it needs to drop a little bit before the taste gets good.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
You shouldn't be running that high watts on that low of a build. If you want to run low builds then keep the watts low. The variable wattage is so that you can up your coil resistance to get more surface area. If you want to do 50 watts build your coils to be at maybe 2 ohms.

With variable wattage it doesn't really matter (and 0.8 ohms isn't terribly low anyway, on a mech mod that would amount to about 22 watts - not counting for voltage drop). Watts are watts, whatever the resistance of the coil is. It's the voltage you don't want to have too high on a low ohm build. However, there's no real point with having low ohm builds on a regulated mod (assuming that it's possible to adjust the voltage high enough to reach the desired watts - in most cases, I think, it would be difficult to reach 50w on a 2 ohm coil. You'd need 10v for that).

nynvolt

Aug 2, 2014
Placentia, CA, USA
My favorite mods so far are cv-1 virtus, smpl and a counterfeit Paragon. The cv1 looks unique and classy, it's heavy and the build quality is top notch. The SMPL I just got today and it's really cool. Great build quality, small, unassuming and affordable. Then the paragon counterfeit is sweet. Full copper with carbon fiber. It looks awesome! Has a fantastic button too, super impressed with this $40 mod.

I like my nemesis clone but I decided I don't care for mods with extension tubes. The button is only so/so and most reviews I've seen, the authentic is no better.

I have a counterfeit Akuma which I like. The main tube fits an 18500 and that's how I run it. Comes in a really cool wooden box and the switch is decent to very good depending. Took a little tweaking to get mine to be good. It's only OK for a $45 clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread