Need Some Advice.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorkChop7586

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Wilmington NC Area
After a lot of reading, and a major headache, I have still yet to find what would be a good combo. So I figured I'd ask some vets in the vaping scene for help. I have come across some cash, and I want to get a atomizer setup, and learn to build my own coils and such. Just so everyone knows, I've read up on sub-ohm safety and building coils and such. Now that that is out of the way, here's what I'm wanting. I want to get a mech mod, clones are obviously gonna be my choice with this low of a budget :). My budget is around $100. If this isn't possible, then that's fine too. Also, would strongly prefer something that is good right out of the box with minimal tinkering to get right. Also, the budget is purely for the mod and atty. So if it's not against the rules (didn't see any this thread would violate), and not too much of a noob move, can anyone help a new vaper out? Also, if I may ask purty please, if the mod has multiple clones from different companies, can you link the correct one so I don't screw up and buy the crappy version, as I am apt to do? Thank you all in advance for any help!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I would like to go with a 26650 battery if possible, but if not 18650's are fine too!

Edit 2: Tried to remove some confusing statements.

Last edited:

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
I would highly suggest a hcigar panzer http://www.vapetriad.com/hcigar-panzer-black-hawk/with a hcigar plume veil HCigar Black Plume Veil Plumeveil Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (RBA / RDA). I like the black on black but you can also do stainless steel. That should put you around 75 bucks leaving some room for batteries and charger, wire, cotton. You will be probably looking around 130 bucks with good batteries and a good charger, wire is cheap on ebay and cotton many will just use cvs or walgreens brand.

PorkChop7586

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Wilmington NC Area
A little confused.

Are you saying you have already have the charger, batteries, ohm reader, wick, wire, etc covered and have $100 to spend on a mod & RDA? Or are you saying you have $100 and everything you need to purchase has to come out of the $100.

Sorry after re-reading I can see how this was confusing. Sorry bout that. The 100 bux is for the mod and atomizer. I have a charger, and the rest will be picked up after the fact. Thanks for pointing this out. Though suggestions on the best batteries are appreciated as well!

PorkChop7586

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Wilmington NC Area
I would highly suggest a hcigar panzer http://www.vapetriad.com/hcigar-panzer-black-hawk/with a hcigar plume veil HCigar Black Plume Veil Plumeveil Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (RBA / RDA). I like the black on black but you can also do stainless steel. That should put you around 75 bucks leaving some room for batteries and charger, wire, cotton. You will be probably looking around 130 bucks with good batteries and a good charger, wire is cheap on ebay and cotton many will just use cvs or walgreens brand.

Really like this combo. Of course, the HCigar Death looks pretty good as well...

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Check out Baditudes blog for a list of high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries. Battery Basics for Mods

- choose the safest and right battery for your applications here. Includes a list of name brand, high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries with mAh & amp ratings in 18350, 18490/18500, and 18650 sizes.

PorkChop7586

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Wilmington NC Area
Check out Baditudes blog for a list of high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries. Battery Basics for Mods

- choose the safest and right battery for your applications here. Includes a list of name brand, high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries with mAh & amp ratings in 18350, 18490/18500, and 18650 sizes.

One of the first articles I read when looking into this type of vaping. Thanks for the great link!

PorkChop7586

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Wilmington NC Area
A quick update: Ended up buying an RDA from a B&M here locally, just something to learn to build on. It's an Indulgence Mutation X V2 clone. After some trial and error, finally got a good double coil that reads at .6 ohm stable. And I can't believe the clouds I am already getting. I'm currently using 50/50 juice, and I can't wait til my 80/20 VG comes in so I can really pour on the coal, so to speak!
So I just ended up switching the Aerotank to my Legend VV/VW mod, and I'm using my Vanilla clone with the RDA. Thanks for the advice from anyone. I plan on waiting until my Christmas bonus, and buying an authentic from somewhere!

Last edited:

PorkChop7586

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Wilmington NC Area
A quick update: Ended up buying an RDA from a B&M here locally, just something to learn to build on. It's an Indulgence Mutation X V2 clone. After some trial and error, finally got a good double coil that reads at .6 ohm stable. And I can't believe the clouds I am already getting. I'm currently using 50/50 juice, and I can't wait til my 80/20 VG comes in so I can really pour on the coal, so to speak!
So I just ended up switching the Aerotank to my Legend VV/VW mod, and I'm using my Vanilla clone with the RDA. Thanks for the advice from anyone. I plan on waiting until my Christmas bonus, and buying an authentic from somewhere!
Oh and here are some pics!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416713331054.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416713331054.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 5
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416713344701.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416713344701.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 6
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416713368312.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416713368312.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 6
Status