Need some answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky S

Jun 26, 2021
Queensland, Australia
Hi everyone,
I'm new to vaping and having a bit of an issue. I've looked for answers but most that have my problem are non smokers who started vaping.
I've been smoking for nearly 15 years (25 perday) and have just brought a vape, eliquid also 100mg/mls of freebase nicotine. I mixed 2ml of freebase in my juice (60ml) as this is what my local retailer said to do. He said it will be enough for me. But after I vape it feels like I'm getting drunk. Is it possibly too much nicotine even tho it is only just over 3mg and I smoke tobacco which has more than that and don't get light-headed. I take a small draw and not for long. I have a freemax Maxpod.
Can anyone help me understand this? Do I need to go lower on the nicotine amount?
Thanks

Reactions: BrotherBob

Ky S

Jun 26, 2021
Queensland, Australia
MTL, my eliquid is zero nic and I add nicotine to it. Today I've just been vaping zero nic ejuice as the light-headedness was not feeling good with my nicotine ejuice. It has been very frustrating takes a good hr or two to get my head back to normal and for the tingles in my face to subside. Not sure what's going on but I know I don't feel the cravings for a smoke at all when I get like that. The buzz is strong but doesn't feel good at all.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
For an ex smoker and with the device u use actually 3mg ejuice it would be considered low actually...hmmmm that's wierd...

Are u 100% sure u add 2mls and not more by mistake??

Where to you mix it? Do u use another bottle? Does the 60ml bottle with juice have enough space to add the nicotine base???

do u shake it very well after adding the nicotine base? Gonna need a good shake cause there won't be much space inside for the juices to move and be mixed while u shake it...

Ky S

Jun 26, 2021
Queensland, Australia
What is the strength of your nic and how much are you adding of it to what volume of non-nic juice? Is is 2ml of 100ml nic to 60mls of juice?
100mg/ml freebase. I added 2ml of that to a 60ml bottle of nic free juice with 2ml taken out of the 60ml bottle of juice as the local shop said. So ends up being 58ml of juice with 2ml of freebase added.

Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
100mg/ml freebase. I added 2ml of that to a 60ml bottle of nic free juice with 2ml taken out of the 60ml bottle of juice as the local shop said. So ends up being 58ml of juice with 2ml of freebase added.

Correct.... I am just saying in case maybe the way u measure was wrong like what u use to measure the 2mls but I guess even with naked eye u can't do very wrong with that...

...no offence just trying to figure out if the nicotine amount is correct cause 3mg of nic shouldn't be that high to make you feel nausea or dizzy...but it depends the device u use and how much u vape...
Your devide is a device for mouth to lung so it's ok and the nicotine u use is 3.3mg or something that is considered very low for a new vaper so shouldn't make u sick..

I wonder what kind of cigarettes u sued to smoke before? I know u said like 20/25 cigs per day...but was any light cigs?? Maybe there was some of those that are even lighter so you wasn't actually getting much nic from cigs and that's why vaping feels a lot now?

If that's the case I would try mix the next juice with less nicotine....if it helps you stay of cigarettes then it's great even if it contains only 1mg of nicotine :D

Ky S

Jun 26, 2021
Queensland, Australia
For an ex smoker and with the device u use actually 3mg ejuice it would be considered low actually...hmmmm that's wierd...

Are u 100% sure u add 2mls and not more by mistake??

Where to you mix it? Do u use another bottle? Does the 60ml bottle with juice have enough space to add the nicotine base???

do u shake it very well after adding the nicotine base? Gonna need a good shake cause there won't be much space inside for the juices to move and be mixed while u shake it...

Pretty sure I added 2mls going by the the measurements. I was told to take out 2mls of ejuice and replace with the 2mls nic. I mix in the shed sink as the kids don't go near the shed at all.
Yeah I think I shake it well, I shake it for a good ten mind but maybe there isn't enough space in it? I'm just doing what the local vape shop said. Could it just be the different delivery system that is doing it?

Ky S

Jun 26, 2021
Queensland, Australia
Correct.... I am just saying in case maybe the way u measure was wrong like what u use to measure the 2mls but I guess even with naked eye u can't do very wrong with that...

...no offence just trying to figure out if the nicotine amount is correct cause 3mg of nic shouldn't be that high to make you feel nausea or dizzy...but it depends the device u use and how much u vape...
Your devide is a device for mouth to lung so it's ok and the nicotine u use is 3.3mg or something that is considered very low for a new vaper so shouldn't make u sick..

I wonder what kind of cigarettes u sued to smoke before? I know u said like 20/25 cigs per day...but was any light cigs?? Maybe there was some of those that are even lighter so you wasn't actually getting much nic from cigs and that's why vaping feels a lot now?

If that's the case I would try mix the next juice with less nicotine....if it helps you stay of cigarettes then it's great even if it contains only 1mg of nicotine :D

Yeah I figured it was a bit low. I used a syringe to measure if that helps any.
I still have a smoke when I really need one but its rolling tobacco - gold so light but not the lightest.
I use a freemax maxpod device its low wattage at 11w with a 1.0ohm coil. It has a nice draw to it.
Has been a very weird sensation. Would changing flavour with the same amount of nic make a difference? Could the flavour had anything to do with it at all? Sorry for what could be silly questions but i just don't understand what's going on with such low nic levels.

• Love
Reactions: Superuser187

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi everyone,
I'm new to vaping and having a bit of an issue. I've looked for answers but most that have my problem are non smokers who started vaping.
I've been smoking for nearly 15 years (25 perday) and have just brought a vape, eliquid also 100mg/mls of freebase nicotine. I mixed 2ml of freebase in my juice (60ml) as this is what my local retailer said to do. He said it will be enough for me. But after I vape it feels like I'm getting drunk. Is it possibly too much nicotine even tho it is only just over 3mg and I smoke tobacco which has more than that and don't get light-headed. I take a small draw and not for long. I have a freemax Maxpod.
Can anyone help me understand this? Do I need to go lower on the nicotine amount?
Thanks

Hi Ky S. Welcome to the ECF.

The process of Elimination seems pretty straight forward in this case.

If you fell Light-Headed when you mix your 100mg/ml Nicotine Base with your Non-Nicotine e-Liquid, but Not when you vape your Non-Nicotine e-Liquid, then it sounds like it is the 100mg/ml Nicotine Base that is the cause.

2ml of 100mh/ml Nicotine Base added to a 58ml of a Non-Nicotine e-liquid would make a 3.3mg/ml e-Liquid. That is Not a High concentration of Nicotine by any means. In fact, it would be considered a Very Low Concentration. Especially for PAD Smoker who is trying to quit. So I really Don't think you are getting Too Much Nicotine.

Where did you get the 100mg/ml Nicotine Base? And what Brand is it?

Also, where are you Located? You Didn't post a Location and you Don't have one in your Profile.

Ky S

Jun 26, 2021
Queensland, Australia
Hi Ky S. Welcome to the ECF.

The process of Elimination seems pretty straight forward in this case.

If you fell Light-Headed when you mix your 100mg/ml Nicotine Base with your Non-Nicotine e-Liquid, but Not when you vape your Non-Nicotine e-Liquid, then it sounds like it is the 100mg/ml Nicotine Base that is the cause.

2ml of 100mh/ml Nicotine Base added to a 58ml of a Non-Nicotine e-liquid would make a 3.3mg/ml e-Liquid. That is Not a High concentration of Nicotine by any means. In fact, it would be considered a Very Low Concentration. Especially for PAD Smoker who is trying to quit. So I really Don't think you are getting Too Much Nicotine.

Where did you get the 100mg/ml Nicotine Base? And what Brand is it?

Also, where are you Located? You Didn't post a Location and you Don't have one in your Profile.

Yeah I knew it wasn't much but didn't think I'd get that reaction from it.
I got the freebase from vapoureyes New Zealand. I'm located in Australia.
I can always hydrate myself really well and try it again lol but it will probably result in the same feeling. I'll give the lower nic a go. I can also give my husbands vape a go n see if it happens.
Elimination of things I suppose.

Ky S

Jun 26, 2021
Queensland, Australia
You could try mixing a tank 50/50 of your no nic and your 3mg nic if they are the same or compatible flavors. That would give you a 1.5mg/ml nicotine. You could see if that helps without mixing a whole new bottle.

Will have to get a new bottle lol. I have a mango ejuice and a coffee and milk one.
Its just odd with the level of nic so low and I'm a smoker that I'm having that reaction. But oh well I will experiment and see if lowering it makes a difference.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Will have to get a new bottle lol. I have a mango ejuice and a coffee and milk one.
    Its just odd with the level of nic so low and I'm a smoker that I'm having that reaction. But oh well I will experiment and see if lowering it makes a difference.

No I dont guess mango and coffee are very compatible, but you never know. You could end up wit the next new flavor hit! :D

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    I've had a coffee juice that gave me pounding headaches and an apple juice that set off an asthma attack. Both were commercial juices. The nic seems awfully low to be causing the problem. Hopefully with experimentation you'll find out what the deal is. Good luck to you. I hope you find what works for you. :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah I knew it wasn't much but didn't think I'd get that reaction from it.
    I got the freebase from vapoureyes New Zealand. I'm located in Australia.
    I can always hydrate myself really well and try it again lol but it will probably result in the same feeling. I'll give the lower nic a go. I can also give my husbands vape a go n see if it happens.
    Elimination of things I suppose.

If this was Me I would get a New Batch of 100mg/ml Nicotine Base. Because Honestly, something Ain't Right.

Getting a tad Light-Head while using a High Nicotine Level is one thing. Feeling like you are getting Drunk using 3mg/ml is another.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    .soooooo we know nicotine is low and shouldn't cause problems but u said u don't have problem with no nicotine juice...
    That would mean the problem is the nicotine and maybe u need less even if 3mg is not much or that nicotine is a bad for some reason...

Second scenario....the juice u vaped with zero nicotine and was ok cause is not the same juice as the one with the nicotine that made u feel baf and u have some kind of allergic reaction toy ur flavouring????
    Is rare but I have seen people say that have that..

Another scenario u may vape low nicotine but u puff your vape literally All the time cause u are in a state of quiting smoking and get crazy about it....

Plot twist*** u don't have 100mg nic base but 1000mg whaaaaaaat hahahahahahaha I am jk cause that nic would worth like a looooot of money and I guess u would know :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread