Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
So I had built a mod a while back when i didnt really know what I was doing. I messed it up pretty bad so I stripped it down and put mostly new parts in it... Here is what is going on...
I screwed on an atty that I know works and it wont fire. so I troubleshoot. I metered the positive post and the negative post and there is no shorts. then I checked to see if electricity would get to the atty connector. It does. this is an unregulated 3.7v mod so it reads 4.17v. All switches are functioning correctly. So my question is, if there is a flow of electricity to the atty connector when I hit the switch then why wont it fire an atty? I know its not the atty, I tried some boge cartos too and they wont fire either.

I also tried raising the positive post thinking maybe it was not making contact, NOTHING! I am stumped. Please help. TIA

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Sounds like the insulator in the connector might be compromised or the positive post isn't making contact with the atty/carto's positive. Probably option 1, which you can't really tell with a multimeter unless you perhaps press the positive post down with the probe to simulate screwing on an atty and then it shorts.

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Well I have done some more metering/testing. I tried testing for a short by pressing down pretty hard on the positive post with the probe and could not get it to short, even when I wiggled it. I tried my flashlight atty that I made, a flashlight led head thingie on the end of an atomizer connector/tube and it would shine a very dull light, then I would take the battery out and put it back in and it would shine bright, no problems. I am thinking maybe one of my soldering connections on my positive battery connection is shotty, but I made a solid connection. I dont know WHAT is going on... :glare:

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Well its working now... its a wooden bottom fed box mod. I would post pics of it, but I just copied a commercial design that I really like, so its not like I pioneered anything. I think the battery contact is the problem, IDK. If it starts messing up again I will just have to pry out the contacts and solder them better, but I really dont want to do that as I just glued them in again. This mod up until right now has been more trouble than its worth, but now its feeding, not leaking like it did before, and just all around rocking the house. I put it on my 18650 VV passthrough and it is making good contact with the dummy battery.
THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread