• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need your starter kit advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savu

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2012
Brooklin, Ontario, Canada
How about a Mini Lavatube, they have them in red, black & other colors. Size is 92mm x 22mm or 3.62 inches tall x 0.86 inches in dia. Just a thought, as she would need no upgrade for awhile.:D
View attachment 91220

:facepalm: great suggestion but probably not for her. she's a teacher - that thing looks like it could get her into trouble :laugh:
(nice to hear from someone out my way in durham!)

Savu

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2012
Brooklin, Ontario, Canada
Reo Grand.... That is all :D

Honestly you could get away with like a ego battery and carto, but you would need to carry around some juice to top off the carto.

LOL I didn't get it at first, then looked it up. OMG what a way to start someone off. Welcome to vaping! Here's your bottom feeder!!

Just for your info:

I have the Happy 510, but you will want to get something better, right away. The batteries only last 1hr. or so. The Bloog I have not tried, but was tempted, aas battery life is longer than the 510 and have heard Bloog better for flavor & throat hit. They come in three sizes: 65mm. 220 mAh, 78mm. 320 mAh & 102mm. 480 mAh. The 480 mAh would be best as more battery life, but I only see in automatic, no manual.

The MaxxFusion Mini PCC is capable of charging 65mm and 78mm batteries with the lid closed and 102mm batteries with the lid opened. There is also a passthrough Bloog & a trifecta Bloog (which is auto/manual/passthrough.):) Glad to see another person from Durham Region you are the second I know of. The first is Cokeybill, who is in Oshawa as well.;)

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
LOL I didn't get it at first, then looked it up. OMG what a way to start someone off. Welcome to vaping! Here's your bottom feeder!!

Would have saved me a bit of time and money if I started with a Reo.

To be fair I did start with a stick style 808 and just began building my collection from there.

Now my daily lineup consists of a Reo mini w/carto (either boge or 1.7smok) Reo woodvil also with carto, sometimes an atty, and my LT with whatever I'm trying out (stardust, Vision stone tank, assortment of vision clearos....etc)

EDIT: sticker shock will happen with a Reo, but you only need to keep giving it juice (as you do with all things) atty/carto (5 pack cartos last me 2-4 weeks) and battery's (~$20-30) every 6 months or so as they loose their staying power.
Oh and a charger for the battery's.

Personally they are a worth woke investment.... If you like the style and feel of them

Last edited:

TrueNorthist

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
FWIW, I have little to add to the excellent advice above. All great tips and then some. I have come to realize in my short traverse along the vapor trail that there are myriad, tiny little differences that one must take into account when understanding the full vape experience. One can never isolate it with one or two devices, but rather one needs several to really get a handle on the whole shebang. But if I were pushed into naming one device -- as a first step merely from the perspective of ease of transition from cigs to vape -- it would be the V3 ultimate setup from Vaporus. It is inexpensive enough to give a good spread of what you ask and yet is good enough to be all one needs if that winds up being the case. If one is assured that the switch is permanent, then I would recommend going to the best possible PV that fits with the typical style of the convert. Just be sure to load them up with the appropriate tips. ie; cartos/attys/tanks. I would lean toward the Provari for the totally committed, as it can cover just about all aspects of the vaping experience in one device but might be too different from the day to day of smoking cigarettes to make an effective first step.

Again, FWIW

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
How about a Mini Lavatube, they have them in red, black & other colors. Size is 92mm x 22mm or 3.62 inches tall x 0.86 inches in dia. Just a thought, as she would need no upgrade for awhile.:D
View attachment 91220

Damn! That little red mini is SOOOO sweet looking ... !!!

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
EDIT: sticker shock will happen with a Reo, but you only need to keep giving it juice (as you do with all things) atty/carto (5 pack cartos last me 2-4 weeks) and battery's (~$20-30) every 6 months or so as they loose their staying power.
Oh and a charger for the battery's.

Isn't that all you need for any mod? ;) Problem with vaping is that most of us want everything we see, regardless of how happy we are with what we have :D

Samyaza

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
London, ON
Isn't that all you need for any mod? ;) Problem with vaping is that most of us want everything we see, regardless of how happy we are with what we have :D

So true! I have my Provari now and am already eyeing a reo lol.

For a new vaper though, I sorta feel as though something cheaper, generally sturdy and easy to use it best. I'd have had a heart attack if someone had handed me a Reo, Lava Tube or Provari when I first started vaping.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
My recommendations for newbs:

Do you want it to look like a cig?
Yes-
kit w/ PCC... BLOOG/REDDS/510... whatever you think looks pretty.

No-
ANY ego type battery, with a few packs of cartos.

DONE!

anything more, and you just are going to overwhelm them.
who in their right mind, recommends a tank style system to a newb.
Keep that stuff as optional upgrades, once they learned how to actually use the damn thing.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
My recommendations for newbs:

Do you want it to look like a cig?
Yes-
kit w/ PCC... BLOOG/REDDS/510... whatever you think looks pretty.

No-
ANY ego type battery, with a few packs of cartos.

DONE!

anything more, and you just are going to overwhelm them.
who in their right mind, recommends a tank style system to a newb.
Keep that stuff as optional upgrades, once they learned how to actually use the damn thing.

I gotta agree here.
I just got my first PV this week and after a couple of days vaping, I would say the most important this is to get one that you think will be used and start...
You can spend weeks looking at what is the very best PV out there but that is weeks of using analogs. You can also get the most advanced mod out there with all the battery life and power you will ever need but if you will not use it because it looks too weird, what good is it?
Bottom line, get one and use it...

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
One thing that many of us forget is that noobs are completely new to this.

We all started out habit with:
-light cigarette
-smoke cigarette
-toss cigarette

convincing a noob to get a mod or a tank that has to be disassembled and tweaked, is like trying to assemble a GGTS w/ Odysseus without any help or instructions.

It can be done, but why would you?

our job as experienced vapers is to keep beginners from giving their credit cards to companies like greensmoke and from purchasing the gas station disposables.
We need to guide them to reliable introductory products that get the job done with as little work/$$$ as possible.

a reliable battery with a quality carto does that perfectly.

Charge, fill and go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread