The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nemesis mod fake or real??

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Thediscoranger, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Thediscoranger

Thediscoranger Senior Member

Dec 13, 2014
    So I just bought a nemesis mod for 100$ and my friend has a clone and the logo on his looks freaking great but when you look at mine mines uneaven and not drawn good at all, is mine fake? Also could it maybe be hand.carved and that's why it doesn't look awesome like the clone does??

2. bullet08

bullet08 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2014
    USA
    did you ask if your mod is an authentic or a clone when purchasing it? i got my nemesis clone for $20 something and it's great. i have seen them being sold for rather high price in local shops and some online stores when they are clones.

3. Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
    He said it was authentic but the logo looks really bad but my sis said Maybie it's hand carved and the clone is stamped on and that's why hers looks so good

4. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    You will not get a real Nemesis for $100, and a clone Nemesis should not cost $100.

What's the serial #

5. Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
    It's 10549 if it's the numbers above nemesis on it

6. tj99959

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    It's a clone

7. Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
    Crap you sure man? That really sucks..

8. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

Do you have a picture of the device? Some Nemesis clones also have serial numbers.

9. The Ocelot

10. tj99959

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
  11. Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
    Thanks for that thread man but I'm still not sure haha is post a pic of it but idk how to post pics

12. Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
    Is this a good site to buy it from? Cause I think your right it is a clone that logo ugh

13. tj99959

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    You can't go by the logo. Only later Nemmies are cnc engraved. The problem is that $100 wouldn't even be a good down payment on an early Nemesis with a low serial #. (three diget number)

14. Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
    Okay that makes sense..thanks man much apreciated but I think il buy it from that site that site looks decent enough. That makes me wonder if my TOBH is real or not eather unless Rdas don't have clones

15. Sgt.Rock

Sgt.Rock Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2014
    The Poconos
    Pretty much any device that's been out longer than a month has clones...Some are cloned even before they are released by the original manufacturer

16. The Ocelot

RDAs are often cloned. Almost everything is cloned these days, but clone doesn't necessarily mean bad. Some clones perform quite well. What bothers me are counterfeits: Clones that have logos copied from the originals and things like serial numbers that deceive buyers into thinking they are buying the real thing.

17. The Ocelot

and some are even manufactured by the same companies that are contracted to make the authentic models.

18. tj99959

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Which is proof positive that many originals are grossly over priced.

19. Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
    Damn, well for me I just like the real deal don't know why just do, but my nem works great just the locking ring has some problems and that's really about it, but I think I will find a diff smoke shop for sure and Maybie look into a turtleship v2 anyone know if those are good? I'm looking into them right now also maybie a trustworthy site to buy them off of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.