NET E-Liquid vs Dry Herb Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
I am curious to hear anyones thoughts who have tried vaping NET vs vaping tobacco in a dry herb vaporizer.

I am interested in trying tobacco in a dry herb vaporizer, but the good ones seem very expensive. Not something to try on a whim. Wish there was a way just to try one, but I don't know anyone who has one sadly.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
Have a look at the Dynavap

@Izan, you are a wealth of knowledge. Including your help on the mech mods.

It's interesting in that it uses a flame to heat, not combust. I was observing the "M" if that is what you are speaking of. On the whole, it seems as though the health concerns of dry vaping tobacco are somewhere between that of smoking and vaping NET e-liquid.

From a flavor standpoint, I am reading that it can be harsh. The nic hit is pretty hard I am reading as well.

You could try FastTech too. The phrase 'You get what you pay for' may apply..

I was thinking that as well. I saw some devices online. My only concern is that I wonder if I'd be giving dry herb vaping a fair shake if the device was sub-par and I would really have no way of knowing because I am not familar with dry herb vaping.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
@Izan

It's interesting in that it uses a flame to heat, not combust. I was observing the "M" if that is what you are speaking of.
:thumbs::thumbs:
It can also be heated with a convection heater. Either route, after a bit of practice, it will rarely combust.
On the whole, it seems as though the health concerns of dry vaping tobacco are somewhere between that of smoking and vaping NET e-liquid.
Are you going to be vaping WTA liquids or loose tobacco or a mixture of both?
From a flavor standpoint, I am reading that it can be harsh. The nic hit is pretty hard I am reading as well.
Dry toasted tobacco tastes like dry toasted tobacco, IMO.
Nic hit, I think, would be related to the amount of tobacco used.

My only concern is that I wonder if I'd be giving dry herb vaping a fair shake if the device was sub-par and I would really have no way of knowing because I am not familar with dry herb vaping.
Have you considered a HNB device like IQOS?
Could a person add a drop of WTA concentrate to the business end of a Heet stick?

If you are having issues moving away from combustion, maybe try some snus along with your vape.

HTH
I

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I have tried tobacco in dry herb vapes, including one that used flame to heat a convection chamber.
As long as the device used truly doesn't burn the product, then even a "sub-par" herb vape will do a fine job with tobacco that's been cured for burning. I've never tried NET e-liquid, but can say the taste is far better then burning. If you do end up liking it, I'd say the pax 3 would be a great portable device to try, as it has inductive charging and a 10 year warranty.

Reactions: CAAB

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I found this product, looks like a good solution for some basic testing of tobacco, just needs to be properly configured in TC to prevent combustion: $16.31 Authentic Longmada E-Herb Vaporizer - stainless steel + glass / 0.7ohm at FastTech - Free Shipping

I think you're on the right track. Just find a dry herb "tank" you can buy for not too much money that can be used in TC mods on a mod that you already have.

I'm not interested in vaporizing dry tobacco myself, but I find the topic interesting for some reason lol.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    @UncleJunkle I concur. Not really interested in doing it myself again, but if it's the twist on someone's cherry that keeps them from smoking, I'm all for it. It definitely had too much nic for me, but I'm sure I was doing it wrong, lol...
    And a good dry herb topper with TC capable coils would be a fine place to start.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I found this product, looks like a good solution for some basic testing of tobacco, just needs to be properly configured in TC to prevent combustion: $16.31 Authentic Longmada E-Herb Vaporizer - stainless steel + glass / 0.7ohm at FastTech - Free Shipping

Just so you know, on a Fasttech forum thread under that tank someone claims that the maker of that tank suggests not using TC with this tank/coil.

This tank no longer exists on the the manufacturer's website.

However I did find archived pages (from the same month of that forum post) of what I believe are the pages pertaining to this discontinued product and there is no mention of using or not using TC.

Tank
    Tank (updated version)
    Coil

Probably not a good idea to use TC on a coil until you know the metal of the coil.

• Agree
    Reactions: HigherStateD

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    Are you going to be vaping WTA liquids or loose tobacco or a mixture of both?

I am in the process of creating a few dozen NETs using a variety of tobaccos. I am going to be comparing VG/PGA extracts to PG extracts for every tobacco varietal. I've actually been off nicotine and vaping since June. I have to wait probably until the end of the year before I can sample the extracts I have created.

It looks like I missed the WTA bandwagon, the best vendors seem to be closing. And what I see remaining is limited in terms of tobacco flavors. The limited flavor option of IQOS is also a problem for me. I like nuanced tobacco flavors.

To be honest, I don't think I'd substitute NET for dry herb vaping, it just might be an easy way to explore a particular tobacco before investing the time in making a NET e-liquid out of it. It's also a curiosity of sorts I suppose.

Just so you know, on a Fasttech forum thread under that tank someone claims that the maker of that tank suggests not using TC with this tank/coil.

I've read on similar forums that a better option is an atomizer made by Mig Vapor, although it looks like you have to buy a whole new base every time the coil burns out: Black-Sub-Herb Dry Herb Vaporizer | Mig Vapor Essentials

Again with the Mig Vapor option, they do not recommend TC but there is the ability. I imagine the potential of prematurely burning out coils trying to find the right TC setting.

That looks interesting. The heater cups look much larger than anything else I have seen so far on a 510 connector style. From what I am reading, the ceramic element should last a year before replacing. The only thing that would be nice that I don't see is airflow control.

The fact that it is rebuildable is interesting, although I am not sure what kind of coil one would make. I suppose it's one of those things you'd have to get your hands on to understand better.

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I am in the process of creating a few dozen NETs using a variety of tobaccos. I like nuanced tobacco flavors.
    To be honest, I don't think I'd substitute NET for dry herb vaping, it just might be an easy way to explore a particular tobacco before investing the time in making a NET e-liquid out of it. It's also a curiosity of sorts I suppose.
    Intriguing,
    As a sample/testing device with excellent flavor: Vapman

Or are you trying to stick with 510 based solutions?
    What is your budget?

Cheers
    I

• Informative

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It looks like I missed the WTA bandwagon, the best vendors seem to be closing. And what I see remaining is limited in terms of tobacco flavors.

Well you're probably already aware of this, but I came across it 2 nights ago when looking for something else and your quote above made me think of it.
    Real Tobacco Extract :: Extracts 3X for DIY

Last edited:

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    Intriguing,
    As a sample/testing device with excellent flavor: Vapman

Or are you trying to stick with 510 based solutions?
    What is your budget?

The Vapman is very unique and well made. I like innovative products like that. However, I do prefer the form factor of the VapCap when comparing non-battery heating options.

In my case, I'd like to leverage the TC advantages of my DNA or Dicodes chips if possible.

As far as budget is concerned, really I'd just save up until I could afford the correct solution. So far I am leaning towards either the Black-Sub-Herb Dry Herb Vaporizer at Mig Vapor or the Gen 2 DC Ceramic Rebuildable Dry Herb Atomizer by Divine Tribe. What I like about the Sub-Herb is that you can purchase a relatively small and inexpensive bubbler to go with it. Although I am unfamiliar with bubblers, it appears as though it would add humidity to the vapor and add some filtration capacity. The Gen 2 compatible bubbler setup is much larger and more expensive. It looks like it would be unwieldy on most mods, whereas that Mig Vapor bubbler looks more of an appropriate size.

Well you're probably already aware of this, but I came across it 2 nights ago when looking for something else and your quote above made me think of it.
    Real Tobacco Extract :: Extracts 3X for DIY

I am not familar with this. I took a look, it appears to me to be a PG extract? Or is it WTA?

• Useful
    Reactions: Izan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread