New and confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
My doctor recommended the Elusion e-cig. Now that I need replacement cartridges, I don't know what to buy. I think I have a 510 battery and need cartomizers (filled). I see a million websites selling e-cigs, but not certain that what I see will work. I would love to try some flavored filled cartridges.

I think the elusion cartridge is pricey (2.75/cartridge), hoping to find lower prices with faster delivery.

I'm just not positive what I have and what I need. Is there help for a newbie like me?

DSC_0005.jpg

Last edited:

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
I don't honestly know if it's a 510 fitting on there, but it looks a lot like one. Hopefully someone else will know. In the meantime, have you considered buying some juice and refilling your cartos? Just buying the prefilled can get pricey with any brand you are using. Or, are you wanting to replace the cartomizers with cartridges/attys?

Motorpsychle

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Eatonville, WA

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
I hope to buy filled carts. until I learn more about the e-cig world. I then could buy the "juice" and do my own (considerable savings???).
I see male and female threads, buzz words like JOYA, TITAN, MEGA, MANUAL, AUTOMATIC. I've only recently discovered this e-cig culture.

thanks for your replies. This is the first real information I have found!!!!

pearlheartgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
NY

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
When you do reorder, just remember that cartomizers are a one piece unit (filler/atomizer are together). The two-piece is where the atomizer and cartridge/filler are separate. You wouldn't get very far if you had a cartridge with no atty. It sounds like you want cartomizers in your OP.

Think about throwing in some juice so you can try refilling when you are ready. Or, just in case you run dry before your next order comes in :)

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
What is this "analog" stuff?

LOL. It's kind of a play on words.... Since e-cigs are "digital" (actually electronic), regular tobacco cigarettes are called "analogs" , aka non-digital. Really poor terminology all the way around. I prefer PV - Personal Vaporizer for e-cigs, and cig or cigarette for tobacco stuff.

Last edited:

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
When ya'all are through w/ me I'm gonna be the Dallas e-cig "fountain of knowledge".

I have now read that these prefilled cartomizers can be refilled. Either drip into the tiny hole at the threaded end or take a tool, such as a paperclip with a "hooked" end to pull the round plastic insert out of the unit. I did a dry run on a spent cartomizer and found I can easily remove the circular piece. I was able to push the plastic circle back in. I ordered the liquid yesterday, I am on my way. What's the difference between PGE and VGE liquid??????

GRIPE: The only e-cig retailer in Dallas Tx. had one bat., one cart. pack and was setup in an indoor Mexican flea market. You cannot speak for Dallas, but where are the e-cig retailers found in your towns???????

Last edited:

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
Glad to hear you decided to get some juices. You'll save alot of $$ in the long run. Also, remember that cartomizers were made to be disposable--they can be refilled several times, but some only last a couple of refills. I just recently switched back to using cartomizers because they are so much easier than dripping or topping off all of the time.

PG is propolene(sp??) glycol and VG is vegetable glycerin. PG usually gives a better throat hit with less vapor and VG is a smoother hit with more vapor. A lot of people like a mixture (50/50, 80/20, etc...) of each. It's all personal preference. If you find that your hit is way too harsh, you may want to try a little VG.

We have a couple of cigarette stores here that sell the Njoy brand and one generic version. That's it. At least they are reputable businesses.

djbeckett

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
DALLAS, TEXAS
dallastexas.ezhoster.com
I bought some juice (only says HIGH on the bottle, not even a manufacturer or address where I could find out more about this juice), carts and a atomizer. The store clerk strongly said "2-4 drops max". The carts have what looks like gelatin at the mouthpiece end, 3/8" deep I'm guessing. I think he said they were filled (again, he didn't know too much). These carts. have what I think is a stopper (remove it and throw away?). I may have to go back to ask these question, but does this sound like they are prefilled? Why only 2-4 drops?

Last edited:

Eric89

Moved On
Sep 7, 2010
Us
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
I bought some juice (only says HIGH on the bottle, not even a manufacturer or address where I could find out more about this juice), carts and a atomizer.

Are we to assume that you bought these from the flea market? I'm not too sure what you are describing, but it sounds like the stopper may be the end cap that you would want to keep for easy traveling w/out leaking. Gelatin?? Not sure. Unless it is actually the filler that is soaked w/ liquid.

ECF has a wonderful selection of Forum Suppliers. I hope you will check some of these out. Buying juice from someone who can't even tell you about their product can be dangerous for you. HIGH nicotine content for some manufacturers is 16 mg. Others could be as high as 24 or 36. If you don't know--don't use it. Would you buy some homemade soup from a street vendor who couldn't/wouldn't tell you what the ingredients are? If you end up having an allergic reaction to something, what would you tell the doctor? Be careful please.

Most of us are impulse buyers and want our product RIGHT NOW. But, we've also learned that waiting a couple of days for the mail to come can save us a lot of headache in the long run. That's just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread