New Atomizer: eLeaf iJust 2 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

iAmNewToVaping

Oct 21, 2017
I am just saying it now, I am new to vaping because I'm quitting cigarettes, so my knowledge isn't the best on specifications.

So today I got the new atomizer (eLeaf iJust 2) at my local smoke shop since my previous atomizer was no longer good. The issue that I see with this atomizer is that the juice is trapped inside of the atomizer, not soaking the cotton on the coil or making any escape from the container. I have looked at multiple videos on YouTube showing the disassembly of the atomizer, and I can't find out the issue for why the juice isn't leaving the atomizer and soaking the cotton in the coil. At first whenever I disassembled the atomizer, the juice was successfully going into the slits that are near the coil, making it to where I could hit it properly for about 5 drags. After that, it tasted like coil again and the issue returns. I'm not sure what's causing this but it seems like some type of clog, not within the air flow though. I have been looking at my atomizer all day trying to find out what is causing the issue, but I can't put my finger on it. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hmm... it could be a bad coil, have you tried changing it? Or, you may need to poke some holes in the cotton to aid wicking and generate vape. What wattage are you running it at, that may make a difference as well.

I'm also wondering about airflow, even though you say it isn't an issue, it may be. There could be something trapped in there or you might need more airflow for your tank. Is it wide open at the moment?

I'd try changing the coil, maybe loosening up the cotton some with a needle, and trying again, if that fails, I might go back to the vape shop for assistance.... They may be able to help you isolate the issue.

Best of luck, and welcome to ECF!

Anna

Ijust 2. My first sub-ohm tank. I wish I'd never dropped it... :cry: It was great for me.

Which coil are you using? I didn't care for the 0.3ohm. Too harsh for me, and tasted burnt too easily. I had great luck with the 0.5ohm coils. stols001's suggestion of poking holes in the cotton can also help. Alternatively, if you're using for example, a 70%vg/30%pg mix, the juice will have a harder time wicking through those little holes in the coil. you could try 50%vg / 50%pg mix.

I hope this helps ya. :)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread