New authentic brass Kraken arrived with cracked glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I just bought a brand new authentic brass Kraken from Vapor Source in Colorado. I put a build on it, and it vaped beautifully. I enjoyed it for a while, then laid down for a nap. When I got up and went to vape on it again there was a pool of juice around the bottom of the Poldiac it was on, the tank was almost empty, and upon taking off the top cover and looking close I found there was a straight up and down crack in the quartz glass. I wrote them. This is quartz glass, and you can't get that just anywhere, it has to be from Vicious Ant and made for this atty. After paying for an authentic I sure do hope they make it right. I'm pretty bummed out about this. I really wanted this genny for my Poldiac Uma Classic, and this really bums me out.

later... I've tried to find replacement glass for this Kraken, and it's sold out everywhere I go looking. One place had it in stock and their site was such a horrible hassle to deal with I could not even place the order! I'm having a pretty bad day here....

Last edited:

TheOnyxEgg

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Minneapolis, MN, USA
You could always pick them up through IBTanked, it appears they have them in stock and they offer several options. It's pyrex instead of quartz glass, but I can't imagine that the difference will really make a noticeable difference. They custom make all of their glass, and I still have several of their cartotanks kicking around that still look great.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well, I'm happy to say that Vapor Source is making it right and shipping me a new authentic quartz glass tank, which I'm quite happy about. Kudos to Vapor Source on this account. Nevertheless, I'm going to get the glass from IBtanked you mentioned. It seems replacement glass for Krakens is hard to come by, and much in demand. Since I have two Krakens I think about 6 spare tanks would be a good idea. BTW, the tanks from IBtanked are not Pyrex but borosilicate.

Last edited:

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Vapor Source did make good on it, and I got the authentic Kraken glass, which went on without a hitch. Conversely the old glass was really hard to get off there. I had to get it off in pieces and could not just slide it off upwards. It was really stuck hard on the O-rings, which I think is why it cracked in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread