New authentic genesis suggestions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vap3ster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Miami
Currently us a Zen genesis with a zen mechanical for my main set up. I am now need a new authentic genesis with a 510 connection to use on a 50 watt box mod. Preferred set up would be stainless steel construction and single wick / hole air hole. Would like to know of some options been searching and seams they are not to popular. Looking to spend less than $200

A couple I was looking at was the gama but the raised 3 post design is a turn off and looked at a Prometheus but it appears unnecessarily complicated and don't believe it includes a Pyrex tank. Open to suggestions for new items.

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Oh man that's a bummer! I had no idea that was an issue. And i believe hes doing a metal tank section for the Origen Gen V2, iirc.

Here's the bf-99 review I was thinking of. Flaky coating. And I quote "They build this as an adjustable air flow. This is no more adjustable than a Kayfun Lite".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMmNKm1oDo

Bummer indeed. I was intrigued when I first heard about it. Hope they do a revised version.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Here's the bf-99 review I was thinking of. Flaky coating. And I quote "They build this as an adjustable air flow. This is no more adjustable than a Kayfun Lite".

Bummer indeed. I was intrigued when I first heard about it. Hope they do a revised version.

Damn... that doesn't sound too good. I'm sure they'll address it. The whole thing with genny's esp. high end's not having good adjustable air flow still doesn't make sense to me. Is it that the modders are so sure they've designed a perfect mod that doesn't need air control or that they haven't got to that point yet... it's such a simple task.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass

The ceramic does flake a bit, but only in a couple of high use spots, and only if you hit it with metal tools.

The airflow is no more adjustable than a Kayfun, but not having a gaping hole is what makes it so flavorful. The BF-99 is specifically designed to use a mouth > lung inhale and excels at providing mind blowing flavor when used in this manner. This is a refined, sophisticated vape (think a fine cigar v a Marlboro light), and isn't meant for the average cloud chaser.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Damn... that doesn't sound too good. I'm sure they'll address it. The whole thing with genny's esp. high end's not having good adjustable air flow still doesn't make sense to me. Is it that the modders are so sure they've designed a perfect mod that doesn't need air control or that they haven't got to that point yet... it's such a simple task.

They're looking for a very refined vape where flavor is the primary consideration. You can't get saturated flavor with gaping holes in the top cap. You vape these in a very similar manner to smoking a cigarette (with a mouth > lung inhale). The lack of huge air holes is a feature, not a bug.

And the BF-99 does have adjustable airflow, it's just that the most ope is still relatively small if you're used to big drippers.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
The ceramic does flake a bit, but only in a couple of high use spots, and only if you hit it with metal tools.

The airflow is no more adjustable than a Kayfun, but not having a gaping hole is what makes it so flavorful. The BF-99 is specifically designed to use a mouth > lung inhale and excels at providing mind blowing flavor when used in this manner. This is a refined, sophisticated vape (think a fine cigar v a Marlboro light), and isn't meant for the average cloud chaser.

I am by no measure a cloud chaser. I just don't see the point of having AFC if it doesn't go from bigger than what I want to smaller than what I want.

If the ceramic coating won't stick under normal use (which includes some tool contact), I see no reason to put in on in the first place. It's not like you can't set up a wire/mesh wick with an un-insulated deck.

However! I don't doubt it gives a great vape :)

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I am by no measure a cloud chaser. I just don't see the point of having AFC if it doesn't go from bigger than what I want to smaller than what I want.

If the ceramic coating won't stick under normal use (which includes some tool contact), I see no reason to put in on in the first place. It's not like you can't set up a wire/mesh wick with an un-insulated deck.

However! I don't doubt it gives a great vape :)

This. .... clouds i could care less lol. But AFC "should" be made so that it's adjustable. Sometimes with some juice and build combos i want a slightly stiffer draw and sometimes looser. To not have a decent range of adjustable options is a let down for a high end genny.

My Sat22 and Lon have restrictive holes that do just perfectly with most juices.... do i still wish they were adjustable? Hell yes! lol Let me customize.

Vap3ster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Miami
Update : ended up going with a pulse g . The final picks were garage of creation h atty or pulse g. Did not pick the h atty even though I really liked it because it has a silver plated brass center post and I just don't care for brass on my deck. Issues real or not.

Currently trying to figure out how to replicate the amount of vapor I get with my zenesis hybrid on the pulse g not quite there yet.

If anyone knows about any new all stainless steal genesis please keep the thread going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread