The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New authentic genesis suggestions wanted

Discussion in 'Genesis' started by Vap3ster, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vap3ster

Vap3ster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    Currently us a Zen genesis with a zen mechanical for my main set up. I am now need a new authentic genesis with a 510 connection to use on a 50 watt box mod. Preferred set up would be stainless steel construction and single wick / hole air hole. Would like to know of some options been searching and seams they are not to popular. Looking to spend less than $200

A couple I was looking at was the gama but the raised 3 post design is a turn off and looked at a Prometheus but it appears unnecessarily complicated and don't believe it includes a Pyrex tank. Open to suggestions for new items.

2. 0dBu

0dBu Full Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Check out the BF-99

3. Vap3ster

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    yes that sure it one trick looking tank only thing with that one is I think it only supports u wick configurations

4. BTerry

BTerry Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2014
    FL
    Origen genesis V2 will be out soon, looks very promising

5. Vap3ster

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    Did not know about the origin impressed by the original basically what I am looking for. Any idea where they might have one in stock original or v2 cant even find a mention of the v2 anywhere on the googles

6. hippesthippo

hippesthippo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Detroit, MI
    Todd talks about the Origen Genny v2 in his latest VLOG. Worth looking at for sure. Personally, I've got my heart set on that BF-99 as soon as budget/availability line up.

7. snow blind

snow blind Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2012
    PA
    I am so pumped for the Origen Genny V2! Looks awesome.

8. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Just saw some videos on the Origen and bf-99. Both have deal-breaking flaws (for me). Plastic tank on the Origen. Flaking coating on the bf-99. :(

9. snow blind

Mar 12, 2012
    PA
    Oh man that's a bummer! I had no idea that was an issue. And i believe hes doing a metal tank section for the Origen Gen V2, iirc.

10. WattWick

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Here's the bf-99 review I was thinking of. Flaky coating. And I quote "They build this as an adjustable air flow. This is no more adjustable than a Kayfun Lite".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMmNKm1oDo

Bummer indeed. I was intrigued when I first heard about it. Hope they do a revised version.

11. snow blind

Mar 12, 2012
    PA
    Damn... that doesn't sound too good. I'm sure they'll address it. The whole thing with genny's esp. high end's not having good adjustable air flow still doesn't make sense to me. Is it that the modders are so sure they've designed a perfect mod that doesn't need air control or that they haven't got to that point yet... it's such a simple task.

12. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    and how about the RSST ???

13. TomGeorge

TomGeorge Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Buffalo/Rochester
    The RSST is a great genny. May not be the best looking one out there but it is simple, easy to use, and preforms very well!

14. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    and thats why I mentioned the RSST ;)

15. blueGrassTubb

blueGrassTubb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2014
    The Bluegrass
    The ceramic does flake a bit, but only in a couple of high use spots, and only if you hit it with metal tools.

The airflow is no more adjustable than a Kayfun, but not having a gaping hole is what makes it so flavorful. The BF-99 is specifically designed to use a mouth > lung inhale and excels at providing mind blowing flavor when used in this manner. This is a refined, sophisticated vape (think a fine cigar v a Marlboro light), and isn't meant for the average cloud chaser.

16. blueGrassTubb

blueGrassTubb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2014
    The Bluegrass
    They're looking for a very refined vape where flavor is the primary consideration. You can't get saturated flavor with gaping holes in the top cap. You vape these in a very similar manner to smoking a cigarette (with a mouth > lung inhale). The lack of huge air holes is a feature, not a bug.

And the BF-99 does have adjustable airflow, it's just that the most ope is still relatively small if you're used to big drippers.

17. WattWick

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    I am by no measure a cloud chaser. I just don't see the point of having AFC if it doesn't go from bigger than what I want to smaller than what I want.

If the ceramic coating won't stick under normal use (which includes some tool contact), I see no reason to put in on in the first place. It's not like you can't set up a wire/mesh wick with an un-insulated deck.

However! I don't doubt it gives a great vape :)

18. snow blind

Mar 12, 2012
    PA
    This. .... clouds i could care less lol. But AFC "should" be made so that it's adjustable. Sometimes with some juice and build combos i want a slightly stiffer draw and sometimes looser. To not have a decent range of adjustable options is a let down for a high end genny.

My Sat22 and Lon have restrictive holes that do just perfectly with most juices.... do i still wish they were adjustable? Hell yes! lol Let me customize.

19. Vap3ster

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    Update : ended up going with a pulse g . The final picks were garage of creation h atty or pulse g. Did not pick the h atty even though I really liked it because it has a silver plated brass center post and I just don't care for brass on my deck. Issues real or not.

Currently trying to figure out how to replicate the amount of vapor I get with my zenesis hybrid on the pulse g not quite there yet.

If anyone knows about any new all stainless steal genesis please keep the thread going

20. roosterado

roosterado Super Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2014
    willmar MN
    Single Wick RRST with Pyrex tank tank-- I modified mine for a U Wick but works great as original single wick. I use SS Cable and 400 or 500 SS Mesh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.