Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
I have two of the new XL auto batteries I recieved yesterday and I Have to say I like them.
They have a draw between my auto passthrough ( which I think has too light of a draw.) and my XL autos I got about two months ago ( too stiff of a draw). They also feel slightly lighter.
Hope this helps some didn't know if you meant the regular autos or not.

toad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
Colorado
I received a couple of the new style short auto batteries last week and really like them so far. The air holes in the threads are a bit smaller, which is a welcome change. The last batch of shorties had way too much airflow IMHO, but these seem much improved. I will no longer have to modify these batteries to get the draw where I want it.

Jeff78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Weatherford, OK
www.ninecollective.com
I only use the autos, the NEW one I just got is way to airy tho.

Was that an XL? The old XL autos had really small holes in them. I personally didn't like that in the auto, but everyone has their personal preference on that.

The NEW Reg and Shorts should actually have smaller air holes and a tighter draw compared to their predecessors.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
I only use the autos, the NEW one I just got is way to airy tho.

There are a few solutions if you feel it's too airy. The easiest one is probably to cut a very small piece of a condom and slide it over the connection. You can adjust the air flow. The one that I like is to put my fingers over the holes top and bottom. I do that without even thinking about it.

And last but not least, if those don't work, break off a toothpick in one of the holes. Just make sure it's a very small piece and flush with the threads. After a while the batteries have a tendency to "gunk" up so you can take the toothpick out and get the draw back, or clean it. This is especially true if you fill a carto a lot.

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
Was that an XL? The old XL autos had really small holes in them. I personally didn't like that in the auto, but everyone has their personal preference on that.

The NEW Reg and Shorts should actually have smaller air holes and a tighter draw compared to their predecessors.
Its a NEW Reg, it has smaller holes but it's still really airy to me, my other shorty was perfect and it had bigger holes. If i put my finger over the connection it works pretty well. It just seems like there is too much air coming in and the battery won't cut on when uncovered.

susieque

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
pennsylvania
i just received 2 of the new xl auto batts and they both have an excellent draw - not too airy and not too tight - it's perfect for me... now i will tell you that i purchased 2 of the regular batts ( they're not the new batts ) but the one has a perfect draw and the other has an airy draw, which i don't like at all. i'm working my way around it, i put a condom over it. i don't really like to do that, for some reason it gets in my way.. go figure... maybe i'll try the toothpick... i hope this helps you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread