New ecig suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Alright so I think its considered a vamo v3 since it looks exactly like it. I brought it locally and it was called an eGo something.. But anyways I think the board is fired because it wont fire up or anything. So I am looking for something different. I haven't been in the loop, up to date with e cigs out there so I don't know if there is something I am not noticing or looking. But from trying my friend's telescope zmax I like it. I dont know what it is but it seemed like his zmax was giving more consistent throat hits then my vamo/eGo. So I am considering getting the telescope zmax.

Any other suggestions?
A few said the itaste 134 and VTR. - I dont know anything about those two so I need to do some research.

Thanks ahead of time for everyone's time!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
This may be obvious, but before you do anything, make sure it isn't turned off! Click the button five times... Sorry if this has already been tried.

h24293626

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I have both MVP2 and SVD and can recommend both with a clear conscience.
I believe currently and thru 101vape.com the MVP2 is a lower price than the SVD (state side)
FastTech has the SVD for about $38, if you can wait a month or so for the shipping.
I like the Smok Magneto (looking at mechanicals), but that only has 510 threading (no eGo)
and would require adapter for anything else.
If you like the Vamo, I've been eyeing the Vamo 5 Stainless Steel option. which is about $60.
or $32.43 from FastTech here.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    UK
    Did everyone get their SVD from Fasttech?

I'm looking at getting one for my next step up. I've heard different vendors carry different versions, or are they all the same?

All SVDs are made by Innokin so they are the same unlike the Vamo which is made by a few different companies. I haven't tried a SVD, I do have the Innokin VTR and it's build quality is good.

i got the VTR from FT but someone was selling it for a similar price in the uS, might be similar for the SVD if you search around

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
    Feb 6, 2013
    VA, USA
    Did everyone get their SVD from Fasttech?

I'm looking at getting one for my next step up. I've heard different vendors carry different versions, or are they all the same?

I got mine from AltSmoke when it first came out. Or maybe I pre-ordered. I don't remember, I just know I got it from there and got it a few dollars cheaper than other US vendors were selling it at the time (at least the ones I found that were planning to carry it). Now, the prices are probably going to vary by vendor, or which kind you get. I know they have the "full kit" that has both tubes, the SVD, and usually a couple of clearos (iClear 30, I think). Then there's the basic kit or express kit or whatever it's called that only has one tube and the device, but I'm not sure if it comes with extras like the clearos.

When they were really new and not available from US vendors yet, I think some people got the original that had a few minor differences from the SVD on the market today (like the end cap was different, I think). Now, they're all the same as far as I know.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I got mine from AltSmokeI think some people got the original that had a few minor differences from the SVD on the market today (like the end cap was different, I think). Now, they're all the same as far as I know.

I'm guessing the threads were tighter on the first batch, creating less wobble. I'm looking at the express kit, so I can upgrade on the charger and batteries. Plus, I don't care for the iClears, or dual coils in general.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 16, 2012
    SPOKANE
    I would give the MVP2 some consideration. 101vape.com has them for $40 and they have vv/vw, reads ohms, puff counter, battery level...I have one on the way right now. They seem very popular around here and can't be beat for the money.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

I will have to take a look into that one. Never heard of it

What about an Innokin iTaste SVD?

I will have to take a look into that one. Never heard of it

This may be obvious, but before you do anything, make sure it isn't turned off! Click the button five times... Sorry if this has already been tried.

LOL Yes, I have.

I second the Innokin itaste SVD suggestion.

alright i'll take a look into it.

LOL!!

Ummm...for my Vamo V2 it takes 6 clicks to turn it on :)

Mine has always been 5 clicks.. I've owned my for 5-7 months now..

VAMO 3 or 4 or 5. Been abusing my VAMO 3 daily for well over 2 months now. Oh, BTW, you did try a differant battery I hope.

Yep, I tried 5 different batteries.

I have both MVP2 and SVD and can recommend both with a clear conscience.
    I believe currently and thru 101vape.com the MVP2 is a lower price than the SVD (state side)
    FastTech has the SVD for about $38, if you can wait a month or so for the shipping.
    I like the Smok Magneto (looking at mechanicals), but that only has 510 threading (no eGo)
    and would require adapter for anything else.
    If you like the Vamo, I've been eyeing the Vamo 5 Stainless Steel option. which is about $60.
    or $32.43 from FastTech here.

I haven't heard of those but will take a look into all of those. I do like my vamo v2 but after trying my friends telescope zmax, his seem to give me more consistent throat hit then my vamo. I will have to look into the vamo 5. But to be honest after my vamo v2 here just died, I assume the board is dead/fried its a bit hard for me to consider vamo again.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 16, 2012
    SPOKANE

Thanks! didn't know I could just replace the board. But at this time, I am considering just getting something new. As I was only satisfy with throat hit from my vamo v2 only when battery life was above 3.9. Where as my friend's zmax I could vape on it down to 3.5 and still get the throat hit I desire.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    Ummm...for my Vamo V2 it takes 6 clicks to turn it on :)

It's weird, sometimes mine takes 5 and sometimes it takes 6.

As for the original question from the OP - if you have access to a zmax V5 tele, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I have a zmax mini - the fit and finish are excellent and the threads are very smooth (both on the battery and the 510 / ego threads).The menu function takes a little to get used to, but apart from that, I have nothing but good things to say about my zmax. Compared to the vamo (which I have 2 of) it is just a better constructed and finished APV.

I've never owned an MVP - it's only the form factor and the lack of a replaceable battery that stop me as they get consistently good reviews on the forums.

If you are looking for more info on all the APVs you mentioned, I'd recommend having a look over on ECF APV section and pbusardos youtube channel.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 16, 2012
    SPOKANE
    It's weird, sometimes mine takes 5 and sometimes it takes 6.

As for the original question from the OP - if you have access to a zmax V5 tele, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I have a zmax mini - the fit and finish are excellent and the threads are very smooth (both on the battery and the 510 / ego threads).The menu function takes a little to get used to, but apart from that, I have nothing but good things to say about my zmax. Compared to the vamo (which I have 2 of) it is just a better constructed and finished APV.

I've never owned an MVP - it's only the form factor and the lack of a replaceable battery that stop me as they get consistently good reviews on the forums.

If you are looking for more info on all the APVs you mentioned, I'd recommend having a look over on ECF APV section and pbusardos youtube channel.

I just purchased a SVD locally. But I am considering picking up a zmax telescope v3 just because its not so bad on price.. I do like the v5 and want that too but for right now, I'll let the price drop a bit first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread