New guy here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuhrtographer

Jan 9, 2014
WI USA
Hello folks! I have been vaping almost a year now, completely blind of information.......until I recently started reading this forum. There are no good E-cig brick and mortar stores around here so this is a valuable resource for me.

I started out about a year ago with a Volcano Lava tube, which is not a very good "first E-cig" IMHO. I did put a protank II on the mod and had pretty good luck. I have recently been using a couple Vision Spinners with Kanger EVOD atomizers and really enjoy them. I am getting bored though and want to upgrade to a kayfun lite setup soon. So I look forward to getting my post count up and posting in the more technical parts of the forum as well as helping out when ever possible. Look forward to communicating with fellow vapors in this great median.

Regards
Brian

Fuhrtographer

Jan 9, 2014
WI USA
Welcome to the forum.
When you get your post count up you need to go to the Kayfun Lite thread on this forum. As of this morning there is 675 pages of info on how they work, how to build coils, different wicking materials, etc.
Everything you will ever want to know about them is there.
Thank you for the welcome, I am excited to get my post count up because I have a few questions that I have not come read specifics on.

Fuhrtographer

Jan 9, 2014
WI USA
Welcome to ECF . Let me know your location ,I can help you out finding a B&M store .

Thank you. I live in Western Wisconsin, about 1 hours drive away from the Twin Cities. I am sure there are plenty of options there but its not that convenient. I know a lot of people who vap so its probably just a matter of time before there is one close.

Fuhrtographer

Jan 9, 2014
WI USA
Welcome to ecf, brother. The kayfun - any of the variants (3.1, Lite, Russian, clones) - are excellent platforms for building coils on and getting great vapor & flavor. Can't say enough good things about them.

Enjoy and vape strong

Thanks Papa, I like being reassured about a life changing purchase like this. I don't know what to do with all these shake weights and bottles of Kaboom I ordered off late night infomercials. This is gonna be one of the better things I have ever ordered off the internet!!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello folks! I have been vaping almost a year now, completely blind of information.......until I recently started reading this forum. There are no good E-cig brick and mortar stores around here so this is a valuable resource for me.

I started out about a year ago with a Volcano Lava tube, which is not a very good "first E-cig" IMHO. I did put a protank II on the MOD and had pretty good luck. I have recently been using a couple Vision Spinners with Kanger EVOD atomizers and really enjoy them. I am getting bored though and want to upgrade to a Kayfun lite setup soon. So I look forward to getting my post count up and posting in the more technical parts of the forum as well as helping out when ever possible. Look forward to communicating with fellow vapors in this great median.

Regards
Brian

Those evod atomizers can be rebuilt:

Fuhrtographer

Jan 9, 2014
WI USA
Those evod atomizers can be rebuilt:

Thanks. I thought about this a while and came to a conclusions.
1.It seems I go through one about every 5 days or so, it would be a pretty frequent task.
2.They are awfully small to work on and it looks pretty easy to have a problem shorting out.
3.The rubber grommets seem like they would leak at some point. How soon I personally have no idea just saying.
4.They are cheap enough to put a new one in at about $1.50 each.
5.The vapor production and taste leaves a little to be desired.

I this being said, I have never taken a pull on a real rebuildable so I could be disappointed. I am under the impression that I can get a month or more out a coil on a Kayfun or similar. And vapor production will be better even with vv MOD at 1.5 ohm? I could be wrong on this though.

Don't be afraid to straighten me out on this stuff, I am still a newbie with not much vaping experience. I have tried to research this exact thing and come up with my conclusions that way rather real world experience.

Thanks again
Brian

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks. I thought about this a while and came to a conclusions.
1.It seems I go through one about every 5 days or so, it would be a pretty frequent task.
2.They are awfully small to work on and it looks pretty easy to have a problem shorting out.
3.The rubber grommets seem like they would leak at some point. How soon I personally have no idea just saying.
4.They are cheap enough to put a new one in at about $1.50 each.
5.The vapor production and taste leaves a little to be desired.

I this being said, I have never taken a pull on a real rebuildable so I could be disappointed. I am under the impression that I can get a month or more out a coil on a Kayfun or similar. And vapor production will be better even with vv MOD at 1.5 ohm? I could be wrong on this though.

Don't be afraid to straighten me out on this stuff, I am still a newbie with not much vaping experience. I have tried to research this exact thing and come up with my conclusions that way rather real world experience.

Thanks again
Brian

I haven't gotten ahold of any kanthal yet so I have not actually really tried to rebuild one completely - I only just replace flavor wicks so far, but if you looked at pbusardo's video, it looks pretty doable, although challenging for me at my age perhaps. The rubber grommet seems to be the most difficult part;

As for the more traditional rebuildables, they at least are actually designed with screw posts to tie things down so that would be nice; still, its good to try out the one you have already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread