New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somatic

Jul 6, 2010
San Francisco
Oh. Hi. Didn't see you there...

I just started vaping about 3 weeks ago. I've had two analogs since I started and only because I wasn't used to carrying an extra batt around for my v3 jstick. I solved that problem, and I have to say... vaping kicks smoking in the teeth any day -- even without all the health benefits of switching. I'm obviously preaching to the choir here, but I'm just so stoked to have found an alternative!

Looking forward to getting in on the forums. From browsing, it seems like a solid community. I'm out in the california bay area, so if anyone is coming to the norcal meetup tomorrow, I may very well see ya there ^_^

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Greetings all! I'm very new at this. I just got my kit yesterday...on the 22nd. I'm still using analogs (very strange term, but I understand why you use it) but have cut that usage by 85%. NEVER would I have believed I could do that. My husband quit cold turkey 5 years ago, but he's been a very sweet and considerate non-smoker.

I watched my mom die of lung cancer last October. I knew that would be me if I didn't do something. Just recently, I saw a commercial on tv and asked my husband to surf the net to get info. He thought it was a passing folly. A couple of weeks later I asked him again. Once again, knowing me very well, he dismissed it. The 3rd time I asked, he knew I truly meant it. So here I am. My goal is to use my e-cig 100%. Then, in the future, I want to get off of nicotine. That's the plan. One step at a time.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I am new to this forum also, but I have been vaping for a little over 6 months. I stopped smoking analogs within an hour after I received my first e-cig kit in the mail and have not looked back. I have decreased my nicotine intake from 24 to 11mg, and hope to someday reach the 0 mark.

GloryAnna, you're singing my song. I want all of it behind me, but baby steps first. I can be a big baby when I want to.......:p

sundayschild

Jul 8, 2010
Winter Park Fl
I've been using a DSE901 for about 2 wks and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I'm so jealous of all the vapor that the youtube folks get out of their ecigs. I've tried the polyfill, blue foam and tea bags and get virtually no vapor at all. I've experimented with the amount of fill, amount of juice and still can't get that wonderful cloud of vapor that I see on youtube. My batteries are fully charged and still nothing to speak of. All I get are sore cheeks and a metallic taste in my mouth. What am I doing wrong?

Kobudo

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Evansville, IN
I've been using a DSE901 for about 2 wks and I'm ready to pull my hair out. I'm so jealous of all the vapor that the youtube folks get out of their ecigs. I've tried the polyfill, blue foam and tea bags and get virtually no vapor at all. I've experimented with the amount of fill, amount of juice and still can't get that wonderful cloud of vapor that I see on youtube. My batteries are fully charged and still nothing to speak of. All I get are sore cheeks and a metallic taste in my mouth. What am I doing wrong?

Part of the way the folks in the videos get those huge exhales is their inhale technique. They direct inhale while holding the button down, continue inhaling without the button pressed to cool the atty, push it again to get more vapor, repeat about five or six times. You get big lung-fulls of vapor this way. It's not the most pleasant way to vape, IMHO, but it looks good on film.

Somatic

Jul 6, 2010
San Francisco
Thanks for the welcomes!

Liddo, I had a blu for a about 3 days before I did a bit more research. I have to say, the best thing about the company was their return policy. Full refund, no problem. I saw some folks vaping on 306 attys with clear drip tips. Your juice kind of pools up without flooding or anything. Everyone was raving about it. I'm pretty curious.

Gloryanna and Saintscruiser, I'm right there with ya. I can't even touch 24mg liquid. So far my favorite low-nic juice has been Peppermint Wowvapor from vapor4life. I bought a 30mL bottle of 4mg juice and powered through it with a friend, only to find that the site is out of stock for the next two weeks T_T

Sundayschild, I didn't especially like the 901 when I tried it on a standard battery, but it sounds like you're having an abnormal amount of trouble with it. It's cool that you tried all the mods and whatnot, but your mention of sore cheeks (from mouth smoking?) and the fact that its a 901 make me think your problem might be the auto battery. Have you tried a manual? It's a lot easier to get those nice, slow 5 or 6 second pulls without killing yourself on the draw.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I have 2 manual batteries and one auto for backup. I believe in being prepared. Actually, my husband suggested it and I'm glad he did. I went with the Joye 510....black....love it. It looks stealth. I'm learning new techniques of using it out in public....even take it to the movies if I'm careful. No more hurrying to get outside to light up. ALL RIGHT! I have put the analogs down as of a little over 3 1/2 days ago. I am having a bit of trouble sleeping, but my mood is fine.....maybe 'uber' fine. I would have never believed it in a million years if someone had told me this last year. Praise God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread