New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBobbyx

Jul 1, 2013
Ft.Worth,Tx.
Hey all. Just started vaping to try and quit smoking. I started two months ago on a Ego-C with a Vivi Nova tank. Couple weeks later I got a couple more Vivi Novas and the Ego Twist. Everything has been great. I used to smoke a pack of Marlboro reds a day. I started at 24mg and as of last week,I bought a Vamo and my first bottle of 0mg. I still hit on my 6mg from time to time but for the most part,I vape on the 0mg. I just stumbled onto this site and decided to join up. Might have to go back tommy Egos because my Vamo is giving me weird readings and not firing. I look forward to chatting with some fellow vapors. Have a great day.

EpicPanda

Verified Member
Wow! 24mg to 0mg...that is fast. I was at 24mg three years ago and am comfortable at 9mg now. I'm not a doctor but there's really no rush to get off the nicotine...give your brain what it needs to not want cigarettes and you're on the right track.

In terms of hardware, check out the ProVari. It's awesome and mine has never misfired. I feel like I could have saved a lot of money if I'd gotten one of these earlier.

Great job and good luck!

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Welcome, Bobby!

That is awesome that you have been able to get yourself down to 0 mg, so quickly!

Look around the forums a bit and check the reviews of different APV's. The ProVari does sound like the best one out there, but it is costly. I have it on my wish list for when I win the lottery! ;) My husband has both a Vamo V2 and an eVic. He likes them both. I have an iTaste MVP and an eVic. Probably could've gotten the ProVari if I hadn't bought both APV's. I did get a great deal on our eVics, though. So the cost of all 4 APV's were actually less than two ProVaris.

Anyway, take your time on deciding what you want and will fill your needs! If the eGos are fine for now, there's no rush to buy an APV.

Good luck!

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Welcome to ECF xBobbyx. Could you elaborate some on your issues you are having with your Vamo ? What kind of "weird readings" are you getting ? Does anything at all fire on it ? With more info, perhaps we can help troubleshoot your problem. It may be as simple as replacing the insulator under the positve psot (center pin) with an oring.

xBobbyx

Jul 1, 2013
Ft.Worth,Tx.
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I pushed myself to get off of the cigs and nicotine because I have been a pack a day smoker for MANY years. I wanted to get rid of all the junk. Now to the problems with my Vamo. It keeps giving me a LO reading and then when I check the ohms it reads 9.9. I replaced the heads on my tanks and still the same. I put a 3.0ohm head on and it worked fine for awhile. It doesn't like anything under 2.4ohm. I find that odd. I think it also might be the washer problem. I've looked into that and it seems to be a real problem with the Vamo. So I need to find a place that can replace the washer for me.

muley

Jun 10, 2013
Bland, VA, USA
Hey all. Just started vaping to try and quit smoking. I started two months ago on a Ego-C with a Vivi Nova tank. Couple weeks later I got a couple more Vivi Novas and the Ego Twist. Everything has been great. I used to smoke a pack of Marlboro reds a day. I started at 24mg and as of last week,I bought a Vamo and my first bottle of 0mg. I still hit on my 6mg from time to time but for the most part,I vape on the 0mg. I just stumbled onto this site and decided to join up. Might have to go back tommy Egos because my Vamo is giving me weird readings and not firing. I look forward to chatting with some fellow vapors. Have a great day.

Hello and welcome, too, from a newbie. I started vaping thirty days ago (after fifty years of smoking >pack/day) and started at 24 mg and am still there. I really want this to work as a smoking cessation tool, so I'm not rushing it, and plan to ramp the nic level down gradually over time. Right now I'm just enjoying breathing in the morning and smelling things I've forgotten.

All in good time... :)

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I am amazed that you went to 0mg so quickly!

I have been vaping since the first of May and I am still playing with 18mg to 11mg depending on where I buy my juice. I am obsessed with this technology. I love to vape and love all the flavor options. I do not see myself quitting EVER. I did pick up some 0mg juices for flavor and to cut the 18mg that I have still hanging around. I do vape a lot (about 5ml/day) so I figured I should start weaning from the nic if possible. I think I vape more than I smoked.

I do have some concerns about putting pg and vg in my lungs. I just can't believe it is all that healthy to inhale oily substances. MUCH better than analogs, but still....waiting to see what further research says.

zWarlock

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Virginia, USA
I had problems with my Vamo too .. seems I had screwed a tank down a bit too much and the oring at the battery had been squished .. Bought some new o-rings at home depot and followed some write up on here and got her fixed up in just a few minutes :) Of course the problem did come back from time to time and ended up tossing it in a drawer and getting a Provari (which is a wonderful piece of tech!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread