New here and need updated advice

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Do you have any links for the Harvard studies you are referring to???

Animal studies ≠ human studies, or actual proven human experiences, with nicotine.

"Nicotine hits the brain's reward center by triggering the release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that is also involved in drug addiction and pain processing." --- From a Newsweek article.

Do you have any links to support your claim?

Pyrazines are used to "enhance" the flavor of light cigarettes.

Pyrazines are a flavoring agent. They are not addictive.

Also, "Nicotine is known as the drug that is responsible for the addicted behaviour of tobacco users, [...]."

100% False. Do you have any supportive links to backup your claim???

It has been very well documented that nicotine is the known addictive substance in tobacco.

Harvard very clearly states "Nicotine is so addictive that smoking, or using tobacco in other forms, may be the toughest unhealthy habit to break."

Also from Harvard "Nicotine is one of the most addictive of all drugs. The addiction develops quickly and lasts a long time. Drug addicts say it is easier to give up co-caine and he-roin than to stop smoking."

And this from Harvard "Cigarettes contain nicotine, a highly addictive substance found naturally in tobacco. When inhaled, nicotine travels quickly to the brain, causing a variety of pleasurable sensations. Many report an adrenaline “kick.” Others report a feeling of relaxation and improved mood. Some say it makes them more alert and improves their ability to concentrate.

The downside is that nicotine is highly addictive, and once you start smoking it becomes increasingly hard to stop. People who do try to quit can experience profound withdrawal symptoms including cravings, anxiety, depression, irritability, and inattention."

The Mayo Clinic has also noted that nicotine is addictive.

There are many sources one can research proving nicotine is addictive. I would suggest digging deeper.
In my many years I have learned that the most difficult thing is to find out that something I believed was right was actually wrong. I have been humbled many times.
If you are open to the research, you find it easily on a search engine that is not censored like google and duckduckgo is now. I get the feeling that it won't matter to you. You can lead a horse to water kind of thing. I do wish you the best. Sincerely.
Many years ago when I visited mental health facilities I noticed something that stuck with me all these years.
It seemed almost all of the patients were chain smokers. A significantly higher percentage than I had ever seen in any other group of people. When facilities started restricting indoor smoking and smoking privileges, these poor people seemed desperate. It was almost like they had been self medicating. It seemed more than just the addiction. I now believe that there was a self medication element.
You may trust that tobacco and nicotine are evil or unhealthy. I am still open to the option that it may not be quite the true story. And the attacks on the substance and the users (victims) made me even more curious and unsettled.
And I completely agree that the tobacco and nicotine IN CIGARETTES is highly addictive and extremely poisonous and cancer causing. It was manufactured that way. I am trusting for now that the nicotine that I am adding to my vape has not been poisoned yet. I am not quite as confident in the synthetic nic.
I only wish that people that are struggling to get off of the smokes not fear the one thing that helped me and many others quit them. They should not fear vaping whatever flavors, nonflavors, nicotine strengths, tootle puff, cloud bliss, puff counts,pg/vg whatever will help them get free.

I love you all. I am out.

Max0819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
Wow, its been awhile since I've been on ECF. I've returned to perhaps get back into vaping. I failed a few years back when I realized that it was no problem to quit the nicotine but losing the anti-depressants in tobacco smoke was WAAAAY difficult for me. I found some solace in WTA liquids but lost my way along the way.

I was hoping this thread would help me out, but I see it has gone off the rails.

I'll keep searching.

Users who are viewing this thread