New here, saying hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p0nyexpr3ss

Apr 20, 2015
Indiana
Hello all!

My name is Gretchen. I'm new to the forums here and pretty new to vaping. I was always curious about it and one of my friends was nice enough to let me try several months back. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. I was sort of just meh about it, really. The flavor I tried was some sort of tobacco blend and I'm not entirely sure what hardware I was using. It was an E-go style that I'm pretty sure came from a gas station somewhere. To me the vape tasted nothing like tobacco. I have no idea what it tasted like. It wasn't a horrible flavor, but not something I could see myself enjoying long term. Kinda bummed out, because from what my friends were saying vaping was this amazing experience, but I just wasn't getting it. And I knew nothing, so I continued with my cancer sticks.

Fast forward to the first of April. I decided to check out a local vape shop and get some real information and I ended up walking out with an EVOD starter kit and several yummy flavors I was able to try out before I purchased. I was starting to see what everyone was raving about. I was still smoking the analogs, but not nearly as much. I had been a pack a day smoker for 13 years. That pack a day increased by I couldn't even tell you how much when I started rolling my own a year or so ago. I tried everything to give them up. I just couldn't seem to let them go.. until now.

The morning of April 10th I smoked my last cigarette! I never, ever thought I would be able to kick the habit. Like I said, I had tried everything with no success. I was starting to give up hope. vaping has literally changed my life. I can taste. I can smell. And most importantly, I can BREATHE. I couldn't be happier. Since I started I have been scouring the web, soaking up every ounce of information I can. I've purchased more hardware and I've been having a blast trying out new juices. I've even ordered the items needed to make my own! I'm pretty crafty, and do a lot of DIY stuff so I am excited to try my hand at mixing my own juices.

I am SO glad I gave this another shot! I'm free at last!!!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Gretchen!

It's an AMAZING feeling once you get past the initial "shock" of not smoking a cigarette. I'm about 14 months smoke-free, and I'm still amazed that I've been able to accomplish this (after over 25 years of gunking my lungs)

Glad you gave this another shot too!

Reactions: p0nyexpr3ss

JayRo

Jan 27, 2015
NY
That's a great story, Gretchen! Congrats on making the switch! Your story is almost identical to my own right down to the recent ordering of some DIY equipment and supplies, I'm still awaiting the arrival of it all. I took a little longer to get to the DIY part though, I switched to full vaping in Nov. 2014 and am just starting to be ready to dabble in making my own juice. Best of luck to you!

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
Nude Nicotine is my personal favorite source of PG VG Nic Base and flavors -- give them a look!
It's not the cheapest source, but they are stringent on quality and their nic base is the best I've tried -- not peppery at all -- plus they will send you a sample if you cover the shipping costs :) If you try their flavor getting the sample pack is a good way to go -- lets you try a few and save a few bucks.
[Concentrated Flavorings] - Nude Nicotine

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum Gretchen. Glad to have you here!:)

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Lots of great info in all the "stickies"

Recommended Reading For People New to DYI

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

Nicotine Comparisons <= They don't all taste the same.

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread => Also see Bill's Magic Vapor's Blog
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Capella (CAP) - DIY Capella's Recipe Thread v2.0
5. Hangsen (HS) - The Hangsen Thread
6. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2
7. Flavor West (FW) - Flavor West DIY flavor review

DIY Recipe Sites

* E-Liquid Recipes <= Feel free to post your recipes here for all members to enjoy
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid-Recipes: http*:*//e-liquid-recipes - (Remove *'s - forum automatically striped this link)
* UK E-Liquid Recipes
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes
* Reddit Recipes - Read the Sidebar

p0nyexpr3ss

Apr 20, 2015
Indiana
Thanks everyone! It truly is an amazing feeling to finally be free of cigarettes! Pretty darn proud of myself!

Also a huge thanks for all of the links! They will definitely come in handy, that's for sure!

Super happy to be a part of the vaping community and I look forward to making some new friends! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread