• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New-ish Vaper Seeking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WerewolfalThor

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Chandler, AZ, USA
I need some help finding a tank/clearomizer/cartomizer that isn't going to flood when I barely draw on it. T3s flooded in 3 sec and the iClear 16 was good but the dual coils just devours juice. Also have a random carto I got from Vapor Vortex that now won't draw or wick.
Help please! I'm using a joyetech e-go 650mAh battery and would like something that keeps with the aesthetic. Suggestions?

byrdman041708

Reviewer / Blogger
Sep 21, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Here's my experience. Bottom coil tanks that have tanks which are sealed except for the where the wicks extend into the coil and thus the air column are going to be subject to pressure issues which are exacerbated by changes in temperature and from the effects of Arizona heat on liquid viscosity. As such, the lower the fluid level the more subject they become to gurgling and spitting. I've tried several, but I typically stick with rebuildables and carto tanks. Some things that you can do to mitigate the issues are to:

1. open the bottom of the tank to allow the air pressure in the tank to equalize. when fluid is present in the airtube
  2. clear the fluid present in the airtube by blowing from the bottom end with the top of the tank pointed up at angle while covering it with a paper towel
  3. not leave the tank / device in an area such as a car during the day
  4. equalizing pressure as described above when the tank is exposed to temperature changes

Incidentally, I tried out a Kanger Pro Tank II and did not notice the typical issues. My guess is that the design change allows for the tank interior to "breathe" better and thus avoids the air pressure differential issues.

Hey, but what the hell do I know. I'm not an engineer! :?:

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Highly recommend the Kanger Evod. It's a bottom coil clearizer and rock solid in performance.

I second the Evods. They have been flawless for me so far (unlike the T3) and they're the nicest looking (in my humble opinion). The only downside is that they hold half as much juice. I like to switch my flavors around so much that it isn't an issue for me, but it could be for some.

BennyChrist

May 2, 2013
phx
I too have the T3 and mini nova and loved them T3 more i'm finding that I like the bcc's the best but yes due to gravity and the air pressure (the things that make them work so great and juice taste so good) there is those issues. however I just got the evod and love it yes there is the trade off with juice amount but small problem when you can literally vape it to the last drop conceivably. as for the T3's granted they have their issues with not all of them working the same you may get one with absolutely no issues and then get one that is nothing but issues I found with mine that whole 1/2 to 1/3 bs wasn't gonna cut it with me I got a 3ml tank so I didn't have to constantly fill that thing I found when it starts gargling a lil around 1/2 - 1/3 when you start to take your first inhale and it starts to make that noise tip it just enough so that the air is barely touching the wick area and it stops and I don't get dry hits cause its already saturated enough worst case scenario it does get dry after a vape or two and you just drop it back down to normal let it get some more juice far less hassle than top coils tip because half the time when you tip the T3 its just a normal level tip not holding it up in the air like your drinking from a bottle any who that's about all I got only been vaping for like 4 or 5 months now but starting to find out some of my own lil tricks ;) don't want to get in to all that other crazy much more complicated stuff just simple clearo and ego c twist and good juices to keep me off the cigs and my wife happy I'm not smoking also saving money (also cause I'm a broke ...) but yeah. oh and another tip for the T3 might sound crazy but if your having lots of issues with the gargling and flooding regardless of juice level even on a full tank take apart the head and if you have and old or extra head take that apart and ad a wick (yes I said ad not take away) could just be too much of a gap if it stops the gargling but then its burnt maybe try like to fray the wick a lil and only put a few pieces in there that's all I got its all about experimenting. and some replacement coils for them T3's are much dif. so you may get another and it works perfectly fine who knows but if you don't mind the lesser amount of juice evod's are awesome no issues since I got it actually a little but I just removed like half a wick and working like a champ vape on brother and I feel your pain on the simple hassle free ;)

Benny Christ out

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Without getting into rebuilding if you are not that inclined to go into the trouble of it, pretty simple procedure, but does require some tools and supplies, these are my suggestions given my experience, note I use mainly T3 tanks as my out and about setups, I own about a dozen T3 tanks, equal number of standard T3 bases, and a dozen T3S heads and bases, the standard T3 bases are now backups to the T3S heads. I also own an original ProTank, ProTank 2, six Evods, and an iSmoka BCC Mega, and use my T3's the most.

1) Take a pin or toothpick and fluff up (fray) the exposed wicks on the heads. This covers the up the any possible air gaps to reduce overflooding the coil cup, with the side benefit of making the wicks soak up better.

2) Basic maintenance. Rinsing in warm, running tap water every refill or every other refill, let air dry. Weekly a soak in pure grain alcohol (pga) ie everclear or vodka, after dry burn, rinse in warm running tap water, let air dry. This removes gunk in the wicks, the dry burn removes gunk and carbon off the coil, allowing the head to perform optimally.

3) Ambient temperature greatly affects the T3 more than other BCC designs, but all BCC have this flaw, as the physics of viscocity, pressure, and vacuum the bottom coil design relies on change dynamically with temperature shifts. Equalizing these changes is a simple quarter to half turn on the base from the tank, just enough to let some air in but not enough to let liquid leak, then tighten up again

4) When you do get flooding/gurgling, remove the head, blow out from the connector side on the head, wipe off, then blow the tank air tube out from bottom, reassemble, maybe top off the tank in the process, are the only ways I've found that fix this until the tank is low on a stock coil.

Now, as mentioned above by other members, the ProTank 1 doesn't have this flaw as often as the T3, but it is there, the ProTank 2, something in its new design it isn't affected I have seen, I have read the ProTank 1 Mini isn't affected as much like the ProTank 1, but they are shifting to a new mini like the ProTank 2, so mini 1's will be hard to find, Evods I have yet to have any of mine show this flaw, metal sheathing over the plastic tank might act as a temperature insulator, and the Evod head design might might have fixed this flaw. The iSmoka and VapeOnly BCC tanks don't get affected as much either, haven't tried a Vision Victory yet, but that may also be an option. If you are willing to learn to rebuild your T3's you can fix some of the flaws with the type of wick you put into the coil heads, takes some research and practice, but really they are not that hard to rebuild, the standard T3 head a little harder to work with compared to the T3S/Evod/Protank/iSmoka/VapeOnly heads due to the cup of the Ego connection when you trim the coil legs and reassembly stage of the rebuild. Not wanting to go that avenue due to the extra tools and supplies, then look into one of the other BCC systems out there or move to a top coil design.

My suggestions if you wish to move from the T3

Wait for the ProTank Mini 2 to come out
Look at the Davide (Protank 1 clone) but can be disassembled and use your own mouth tip, basically a fusion of the PT1 and PT2
Look at the Protank 2
Look at the Evod
Look at the iSmoka/VapeOnly BCC (1.6 mil) and BCC Mega (3 to 3.5 mil)
Look at the Vision Victory

WerewolfalThor

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Chandler, AZ, USA
So I ordered some on the v2 Mop Head clearos that Heather's Heavenly Vapes had on clearance. They'll come with my new batch of juice. Until then I'll just keep my t3s topped off which has been helping and using my eRoll. I have a carto tank too but I can't seem to charge/prime it right to keep it wicking properly. There's a new BCC at Heather's too that I may try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread