New member & advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

servitude

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 14, 2011
Vape Land
www.seavape.com
Hi all, short intro about myself. Found this forum while searching the web on tips on e-cigs and looks a good place to start.
Been smoking for about 14 yrs, 2 packs a day decided to quit or at least cut down on analog cigs after a bout of bronchitis.
Was intro-ed to e-cigs by a fren and was convinced it will help me wheen of smoking.
So far iam eargerly waiting for my order to arrive from health cabin, i got the joye ego wif lr atty and 1000mah batt. kind of regertting it now after realising its too long. Should i get a 650mah batt or get the 510 for mobility. I like a good throat hit, and was advised to get lr attys. Not sure wat get.
Any advice ?

AnaCat

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Chicago, IL
I have 2 LR atties for my ego-t. I like them. They do give off better vapor and a little more TH. If you are getting an ego-t, the new type B atty holds 2 mL of juice and has a warmer vape with better TH. I think it's even better than the LR atty, but I've only been vaping for 3 weeks, so I could be just imagining it. Welcome and good luck!

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
welcome! I definitely don't think you have anything to regret with what you've ordered. You will be surprised at how easily you will adjust to the size of the battery you ordered. The one you ordered has the added advantage of being able to hold a charge longer, which I believe you will find more convenient.

I personally like the LR atties as well and prefer them over the regular atty. I might suggest that you try cartomizers. They are an atty and cartridge built into the same piece which in my opinion is much more convenient since they hold more juice than a cartridge does.

Juice choice is very subjected so I hesitate the make suggestions in that department. There are many suppliers listed on this forum who all provide excellent service. You will find they all have their fans who will tell you theirs is the best. Personally, I like Backwood's Brew, Kickbass Vapor, Tasty Vapor, and FreedomSmokeUSA best, I think, lol. Try to pick up sample sizes, if available, from the vendors you decide to check out. Some juices out there are pretty nasty imo, but they are loved by some people. You will have to experiment some to find out what flavors you prefer. Just go into this adventure with an open mind. Most people think they want a tobacco flavor in the beginning and are afraid to try other flavors. You might be surprised to find you prefer other flavors.

Last edited:

servitude

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 14, 2011
Vape Land
www.seavape.com
welcome! I definitely don't think you have anything to regret with what you've ordered. You will be surprised at how easily you will adjust to the size of the battery you ordered. The one you ordered has the added advantage of being able to hold a charge longer, which I believe you will find more convenient.

I personally like the LR atties as well and prefer them over the regular atty. I might suggest that you try cartomizers. They are an atty and cartridge built into the same piece which in my opinion is much more convenient since they hold more juice than a cartridge does.

Juice choice is very subjected so I hesitate the make suggestions in that department. There are many suppliers listed on this forum who all provide excellent service. You will find they all have their fans who will tell you theirs is the best. Personally, I like Backwood's Brew, Kickbass Vapor, Tasty Vapor, and FreedomSmokeUSA best, I think, lol. Try to pick up sample sizes, if available, from the vendors you decide to check out. Some juices out there are pretty nasty imo, but they are loved by some people. You will have to experiment some to find out what flavors you prefer. Just go into this adventure with an open mind. Most people think they want a tobacco flavor in the beginning and are afraid to try other flavors. You might be surprised to find you prefer other flavors.

thanks for the info. Tat was my initial tots on the 1000mah batt, the convenience of vaping longer w/o chargin.
Cartomizers do look interesting wasnt sure about tat at first, gonna get a set along a variety of juices to try.
i guess its about finding the right flavour for tat personel vape. so excited now...

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Try standard attys and cartomizers first and if you want a hotter hit try LR attys and cartos. i think it could be more difficult to start vaping if the hit was hotter. And note - med to high nicotine in 100% PG juice can cause irritation for some people (tongue, throat) because nicotine is a skin irritant so see if you can find some PG/VG blend juices (or you could mix two juices, a VG one and a PG one - 3 parts PG and 1 part VG would be 75og/25vg and that should be a good ratio.

For shorter Ego batteries you could look at 650 or 750mah. My 750mah Riva battery is 3.25 inches tall standing with no atty by itself, including the metal top part.

For something smaller see Joye 510 but you cannot use LR parts on the slim 510 and you cannot use the Ego's charger for the slim 510 - either of those things can damage or destroy a slim battery. The standard 510 batteries have short life - 180mah or about 2-3 hours for a light to moderate vaper, 1/2 that for a heavy vaper. The longer mega xl 510 batteries are 280mah and make the 510 128mm long w/ a standard carto, longer with atty+cart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread