New member and new to all of this, dropping in to say "Hi"

Status
Not open for further replies.

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
I am going to do my best to use your lingo. I am a car guy and a studio owner and understand why these abbreviations exist, so I may as well get familiar with them.

I played around with a PV about a year ago. I really felt it was a toy, as I was smoking an analog at the same time. My girlfriend bought one about a week ago, kind of felt the same. But, I had a bad cold that just lasted forever because of smoking.

I found this forum by trying to figure out if the X Hale o2 Kit at my local 7-11 was any good. After reading, it seemed like an OK starting point. For the money, I figured I would give it a shot.

First off, I was not looking at this as an alternative to analogs, I just wanted to smoke them less and save some money. It has worked great so far. I have been smoking for about 12 years, I am up to about 2 packs a day. I am only 24 hours into vaping and have smoked about 1/3 of what I normally would, without any real effort to avoid analogs. I know my kit is low grade but if this is on the low end, I cannot wait to upgrade. One of the reasons for me just picking this up is that I can buy the carts locally down the street.

The biggest thing that has helped me is realizing I don't have to puff away at this thing. Take a pull here, pull there and just know it's not going to go anywhere.

I decided to come back to the site after I got used to my PV. Now looking over the board, it seems like far more options than I would every had imagined vaping vs. smoking. I am going to stick with this kit until I have proven it works out for me (not the best financial time for me right now either).

Anyway, thanks for a great site (I know the members make the site as much as the owner, I have owned my own forum). I have a lot to learn but I really felt in the dark before this site. Just verifying I was getting my money worth on the kit from 7-11 was hard enough, every bad review seemed to be from another E-Cigarette dealer which almost turned me off the whole thing until I found a thread here.

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
I am sure I will find something better. Right now, I am in kind of a predicament actually. My battery is only lasting about a day. I was thinking about making the upgrade right now but I may just buy another cheap one from 7-11. That way I have extra parts or I may give one to my brother who smokes much less than me, but struggles much harder to quit even for a short period of time. That is my main thing, I smoke analogs when my battery dies. Even in 24 hours, well a bit more, it has died 2x but both at my highest smoking amount during the day. I will likely just buy another one of the same, then upgrade. Then I have a really solid backup.

Dark Jester

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Reno, NV
Might check VaporSearchUSA to see if there's a vape shop near you. Someone else tipped me off to it tonight and I found out there is one local to me I didn't even know about. Gives me a lot more peace of mind to know that if I run low on juice or parts for some reason I have a local shop and won't have to wait for shipping if I don't want to.

Awesome, I am actually heading down to Vegas Next month, saw some posts on here from what I can search:
Zeecigs, Mr.Bills Smoke Shop, Pinky something, I was gonna check out some of those, have you had any experience with any of them, im just looking to purchase some juices while I am down there for a week.

Basically need a supplier that has a shop and can meet demands asap so I can go around and get drunk and gamble all my money away HAHA. Im staying along the strip btw, but will make most of my stay around the freemont area.

Let me know! :)

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
There are a few that are driving distance for me. I really wish I knew of one local. I know some of the headshops have them but I don't really trust they will keep up on inventory and the like which is obviously a challenge when use to analogs. I think my plan is to get 2 of the ones I have that I can make sure are always ready to go. My PV just got off the charger, I smoked regular waiting and it is feeling good vaping. Knowing these are very locally available will probably help me a lot in the short term, then I can get something better once I know I am committed. It will be about $65 for two batteries (plus any other part that could fail as well) and enough carts to last me a few weeks, all readily available. Then I will get into it more. Unless I find a good spot that I can drive to without making a trip, this is going to be the easiest way to keep using a PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread