New member clearomizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke9902

Aug 31, 2014
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

My name is Luke and I'm from the UK :)

I've been vaping for aprox a week now (to quit smoking ciggys), my other half purchased me an ego starter kit, the first clearomizer got broken by someone at work knocking it off (battery is fine) so I went to the local vapour shop who gave me a replacement disposable one it lasted 4 days before it started to taste like burning, went back to the shop and he replaced it free of charge (I had to pay £5 for the first one from him) anyway I was wondering of anyone could suggest a clearomizer that lasts and parts can be replaced I.e the coil and wicks (or is it atomisers there called still new to this :p) I don't mind spending but I want it to at least last and not break the bank.

Thanks in advance

amurphy

Jul 26, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
Hey everyone,

My name is Luke and I'm from the UK :)

I've been vaping for aprox a week now (to quit smoking ciggys), my other half purchased me an ego starter kit, the first clearomizer got broken by someone at work knocking it off (battery is fine) so I went to the local vapour shop who gave me a replacement disposable one it lasted 4 days before it started to taste like burning, went back to the shop and he replaced it free of charge (I had to pay £5 for the first one from him) anyway I was wondering of anyone could suggest a clearomizer that lasts and parts can be replaced I.e the coil and wicks (or is it atomisers there called still new to this :p) I don't mind spending but I want it to at least last and not break the bank.

Thanks in advance

Howdy Luke! (I'm from Texas, that's what we say here haha). Congrats on moving from cigs to the wonderful world of vaping! To answer your question, I would highly recommend a Protank II (if you can find one). I've had mine for about 6 months now, and I've loved it. It's a bottom-fed clearomizer, and in my opinion, pretty high quality. The coils are very easy to replace: just unscrew your old one from the bottom piece, screw in your new one, prime it, and your ready to vape! Another one I would recommend is either the Aspire BDC or the Aspire Nautilus (depending on how much juice you want, you can get the Mini version of the Nautilus as well). Hope this helps!

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
if a newbie...go to ebay and buy 10 CE4 disposeable clearomizers for $10 ($1 each) and if you are a normal 1-2 pack a day smoker, change it every 3 weeks or so....personally I think all these new various tanks/clearos are silly and way overrated...they all do the same thing-hold liquid for you to heat, that's all they do...they are not space ships..

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks guys! Just ordered the aero tank mini as for some reason all the uk sites I saw seemed to not have the nautilus in stock :( pretty reasonable price too!

Well done. You'll soon save the money back by not using disposables. (You should never have paid £5 in the first place...)

When you decide to get the mini Nautilus... try here.

Aspire Nautilus Mini

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I dislike the disposable ones like I said I got given a replacement today and already it tastes like its on the way out I've not even had it 12 hours yet :( it's not like I'm abusing them just taking the odd couple of drags here and there, I've not over filled it and i left it 10 mins to absorb when I first put liquid in

You can easily kill a CE4 in less than a day.

I've done it... and (as unlikely as it may seem) I do know what I am doing. You have to take a CE4 really slowly to stand any chance at all.

simplynewt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Titus, Alabama
Congrats Luke on moving away from the ciggies. Your life will benefit greatly from it. When I started about three weeks ago, I was given the dispoable tanks and quickly learned that I would need something much better. After trying a handful of different tanks, I would recommend what others have been suggesting ... the Aerotank and/or the Aspire Nautilus Mini. If you could afford it, pick up a couple of them so you will have a back up. Nothing worse then loosing a coil or an oring on your tank and no back up plan. Would hate to see you have to smoke one because you were not well prepared.

Welcome to ECF

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
Happy to see you here Luke!

You have joined a great group of people and we are always willing to help those in need of advice or just to discuss vaping in general.

In my opinion I have always preferred Kanger products, they have always worked well for me, now that I rebuild my coils for them they are even better. Aerotanks are great but I will stick with my Protank 2s because they are easier to rebuild and I have a few of them.

Where ever your journey takes you I wish you LUCK! We are here to help and keep you off analogs for ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread