New Member Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldomag

Sep 24, 2010
Philippines
I've been using ecig for more than a year now. I would just like to share some of my experience and maybe some of you can relate to this (or maybe some of you folks can give me some advice).

I started using e-cig a year ago, during that duration, I still smoke analogs (I'm not one of the people that just miraculously stopped after using ecig in just one month. Though my analog intake has decreased when I'm using ecig). I have to admit that its an ON and OFF thing for me at the start for several reasons:

1. Out of Budget. When I began vaping, it was advertised on some websites that it's cheaper than smoking. On my experience, it's not. Though I think this is true on other people, but for me its definitely more expensive.
  2. Bad Product. When I do have a budget to get myself a new Atomizer and E-Liquid, sometimes they turn out bad. I completely understand that since I was still at the stage where I'm finding the right atomizer and E-liquid for my taste. Although as of now, my atomizer just lasts me for a couple of weeks (mostly LRs) and I'm still in search of the perfect atomizer that will last me for a couple of months.
  3. Availability. When I started vaping there was no local seller available in my area. I have to order all of my ecig supplies online. The bad thing about this is that I can't order just a single e-juice or atomizer, I'll have to order in bulk to be able to save on the shipping cost. The problem with this is that I need to have an substantial amount just to get my ecig supplies. Although now, we have 2 local resellers in our area but their stocks are limited.
In the past few months I pushed myself to be committed to ecigs (and I've also got a new job which definitely helped). I'm currently stocking 2-4 atomizers and about 90ml of e-liquids. Currently, I still smoke analogs but I have drastically lowered my intake from 1 pack per day up to 2-3 sticks per day. Hopefully someday I'll completely get rid of the analogs.

(sorry for the long rambling...)

Thanks,

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Welcome! I don't think there is a Philippines forum but there is a Malaysia forum in National Forums and SG_Vapers section in Social Groups. Once you have 5 non-spammed posts or replies in New Members and one hour wait after the 5th you can post elsewhere on the forum, send PMs etc.

I think the perfect atomizer is to use cartomizers instead. In the US a pack of 5 cartos costs about what one atomizer costs and I can get 7-10 days use out of cartomizer (double that if I alternate vaping 2 cartos). I use Boge cartomizers on 510-threaded devices and something similar to Kanger 2.6ohm Horizontal Coils on KR808D-1 devices.

Fenderfreek

Nov 8, 2011
NC, USA
Congrats on kicking the analogs (mostly). I will tell you that having a local vendor that is experienced with their products is a huge help. I started with the 510 kit and tried some different flavors, but what got me hooked on the local vendor scene was the ability to try out juices and equipment for myself. The worst part is all the experimentation, since no system is perfect for everyone, but once you find the combo that works for you, I'll bet that you can kick the analogs for good. The best part comes when you're happy with your PV system and can stay off them for a few days - once your taste and smell comes back, the analogs are downright repulsive.

Good luck!

pauldomag

Sep 24, 2010
Philippines
Welcome! I don't think there is a Philippines forum but there is a Malaysia forum in National Forums and SG_Vapers section in Social Groups. Once you have 5 non-spammed posts or replies in New Members and one hour wait after the 5th you can post elsewhere on the forum, send PMs etc.

I think the perfect atomizer is to use cartomizers instead. In the US a pack of 5 cartos costs about what one atomizer costs and I can get 7-10 days use out of cartomizer (double that if I alternate vaping 2 cartos). I use Boge cartomizers on 510-threaded devices and something similar to Kanger 2.6ohm Horizontal Coils on KR808D-1 devices.

My first experience with a cartomizer was bad (burnt taste). I'm a dripper since I started vaping (the flavor is great), are cartomizer nowadays comparable to dripping (when it comes to the taste)?

Fenderfreek

Nov 8, 2011
NC, USA
My first experience with a cartomizer was bad (burnt taste). I'm a dripper since I started vaping (the flavor is great), are cartomizer nowadays comparable to dripping (when it comes to the taste)?

IMO, no - usually. Some things work great in a carto and others don't. the closest thing you're going to find to dripping without actually doing the work is going to be a tank-style atty/cart system, which requires a slightly different approach to filling/drawing. Out of the equipment I have owned and sampled, the drip tank style is the closest thing I've found to the pure flavor of direct dripping.

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Welcome to ECF. I can relate to everything you posted. I have started vaping over two and a half years ago and for two years or so I used inadequate equipment. The vape just did not satisfy and was still smoking analogs. I was changing PV's every couple of months trying to find something better and spending a ton of money on yet another slim PV or atomizer or juice (at this point I did not discover ECF yet). That changed when I found the right match: for me it was a Riva with CE2 cartos. I started smoking less and less and eventually I stopped smoking analogs altogether.

I think that the saving money part come in only after you have settled on a particular model and juice - assuming you're not like me and keep trying new things out just for the h... of it :).

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan

The first filling of carto is the most critical. It pays to learn how to do it properly and how to do keep it wet while using it. Once you burn the fill it is junk.

Shizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
the burbs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread