New member from Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmaaa

Mar 18, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys and gals :)

I'm pretty new to vaping, only started a couple of weeks ago, I started so I could stop smoking analogues.

I originally bought a cheap Eleaf iJust S because I didn't want to invest too much into vaping before really knowing whether it was for me. It took some getting used to, especially the initial throat burning and coughing but I pretty much stopped smoking cigarettes right away.

Just yesterday I decided to invest a bit more and picked up a Smok GPRIV 2 with the TFV8 X-Baby tank from Wick & Wire here in Melbourne. Great guys at that store, super nice and helpful and they have a great range too.

The Eleaf I originally bought was leaking like CRAZY (definitely wouldn't recommend) so the TFV8 X-Baby tank is awesome with its top airflow, it hasn't leaked a single drop. I don't think I'll ever go back to a tank with bottom airflow again.

I gotta admit, when I first started researching vaping I was completely overwhelmed with all of the different terminologies and technologies associated with the vape units themselves and the juice but this forum and some commercial sites have proved to be crazy valuable in terms of helping beginners understand everything. I feel like I'm at a point now where I've gone from beginner to intermediate level.

I started vaping an 8mg liquid but didn't feel like I was getting enough nicotine to help with the cravings so I've moved up to 12mg, now I'm getting headaches so I guess that's a little too strong for me. Looks like I'll probably have to start mixing my own liquid so I can hit that sweet spot in nicotine strength.

I'm totally loving the GPRIV 2 and X-Baby tank, I can't really fault it myself but I've heard that it goes through coils pretty quickly. Do you guys have any advice for this unit or just in general?

Last edited:

timmaaa

Mar 18, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hi! I'm glad you were able to quit smoking via vaping... Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm glad too, it's been surprisingly easy to transition from the analogues to vaping, much easier than I had ever anticipated.

timmaaa

Mar 18, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Thankyou :thumbs:

Hello and welcome. You might want to try 6mg in the new tank and set up a second tank with the 12mg for cravings.

That's not a bad idea. It's amazing to me how versatile vaping is, I've only just started but geez I'm liking it more and more with every bit of info I find out.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF. I second suggesting using a 0 nic same flavored juice to find out where your nicotine "sweet spot" is although of course you could try DIY as well. The DIY juice forum is a great place to begin if looking for information on that. It's not hard, but it does have some startup costs, and a learning curve, like everything vaping.

It is also one of my favorite things about vaping, I love knowing I can mix juice to exactly what my palate desires, and it is, overall, much cheaper per ML, and since it sounds like you will be sub0hming my guess it that you will go through juices fairly quickly, so it's not a bad idea at all.

Most of all, welcome to ECF, congrats on kicking analogues to the curb, and I am glad you are finding vaping to be a success. Your new gear is going to go through eliquid and batteries nmore quickly but that doesn't matter hugely in the grand scheme of things if it's a satisfying vape and you get to the right nicotine level for you.

Best of luck and welcome.

Anna

Reactions: timmaaa

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread