New Member, Full of Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightCoastNJ

Dec 17, 2014
NJ
Hi Guys,

I just signed up but I have been vaping for about 6 weeks or so now.
I picked up an iTaste MVP after using a cheap battery for a few weeks and am really enjoying it.
I've also been trying different juice blends from different vendors - wasn't impressed with Gorilla Vapes but had good experiences so far with Vista Vapors and Vape Life.
I've also gone through a few tanks so far - I started with a cheap bottom coil, then got a Kangertech EVOD Glass tank (but it's so small), and I also used the iclear 30 that came with the iTaste MVP.

This leads me to my question - I went into Vapelife on Saturday and picked up a Kangertech Aerotank because I needed new atomizers and it was a good deal.
So fast forward to yesterday and today - I've had the itaste set at around 8.5-9watts with a 90VG/10PG blend in the Aerotank and the last 2 days I've had terrible burnt flavor, very little vapor and overall a crappy experience. When I put the iClear on it (which has way more use out of the atomizer than the Aerotank so far ) it works just fine and I get nice clouds and good flavor, but the Aerotank doesn't seem to be working well.

One thing I did notice was that the tank doesn't seem to thread completely straight down into the top of the itaste and i wonder if it is a poor connection or something?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I am now down to 3mg nicotine coming from smoking 3/4pack a day for 10 years.

Neo1273

Dec 17, 2014
Buckeye Nation
Sounds like the high VG may have been a little thick for the wick in the iClear. Once the wick burns, you have to replace the coil on those. I have gone through MANY coils in my iClear 30s. I switched to a Nautilus Mini and 2 weeks later, I am still on the original coil without issues. Just make sure you keep the coil from getting dry. I'm getting longer life out of the iClear if I roll it upside down a bit after every couple of vapes (it is a top coil). I like the mini bc it is a bottom coil and it hasn't been an issue yet.

RightCoastNJ

Dec 17, 2014
NJ
actually I have a 90/10 juice in my iClear and a different 90/10 juice in the Aerotank. The iClear has been working great with it (though I have done what you said and turned it upside down to let the wicks soak up the juice) but the Aerotank just doesn't seem like it's working quite right - burnt taste and very little vapor. I just bought it on saturday so it would be a bummer if the atomizer was done for already. Do you think that's the case? Maybe I should try the replacement atomizer with a 50/50 blend?
Im new to this stuff so Im still trying to figure out what works best with what - all I want is a relatively consistent vape experience.

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

tater66

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Clover, SC USA
the factory heads can be a little wonky. Some will last a long time, some a day or two.

Also, the different juice might hold a clue. Some juices gunk up and ruin coils quickly, depending on the set up.

you might want to try the juice you are using in the iClear in the Aerotank with a new head. That will give you a better apples to apples comparison.

just a thought

Mccannch

Nov 10, 2014
NY
You can use a 90/10 juice in a clearo, you just might need to change the way you vape is all. First, as was suggested, try using a lower wattage, you will get less vapor, however it will not eat as much juice allowing the coil to keep up. Second, I always suggest trying to take a "dry puff" before you actually hit the power button, it helps to load the coil with a bit extra juice. Essentially what you want to do is just pull air through the coil, this will cause more juice to saturate the coil.

I think that if you try lowering your wattage a bit and pulling more juice into the coil you should be fine. Most of the time changing a part of your "vape equation" will cause you to have to change the way you overall vape. Using a high VG juice will change the way you have to use equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread