New member here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikev

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Wow that would really require some patience that I don't really have haha =]

Thanks for the vid though! I might actually do that with one of them and just use the other normally.

LOL, yeah... you have to build up a bit of a supply before you can actually let them "age" the right way, even then with some of my favorite flavors its hard to keep my hands off them long enough to steep correctly ;) but... there is a definite difference after they age, the flavors really come to life, with some juices I initially didn't even like them.. but I'll always let them aside and come back after a month or so and try them again and the difference can be amazing!

Curlygirl27

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Attica, MI
As far as the wicking material.... I just take the stuff that is already in the cart and remove it, rinse it out, dry it and use it again. I am sure eventually I will have to get new filler but so far what I have is working jsut fine. However, when i am at home I drip so probably not using it as much as some others might...

smithdl

Nov 6, 2010
Holland, MI
I got my 510 yesterday and i'm loving it, so much better than the blu. However, a couple times that i've been pulling on it, there is a burning sensation in the back of my throat. I thought that it might be running low on liquid, but as i understand it, it is a burnt taste that is the sign of low liquid, and there is still flavor in the vapor. You guys have any idea what this burning sensation is?

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
What you're experiencing might be a version of throat hit....or it might be a function of the way that you're inhaling...or it could be a dry cart. Try drawing into your mouth then inhaling rather than directly into your throat/lungs. You can get a harsh feel in the throat with low juice/burning, but you also likely to taste it (at least you will when your taste comes back). Is it every drag? intermittent? if you get it when you take two drags close together, it may be that the juice needs time to wick. Experiment with different inhales and timing, and try refilling...once you get a sense of what conditions cause the sensation it'll be easier to identify the cause.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I got my 510 yesterday and i'm loving it, so much better than the blu. However, a couple times that i've been pulling on it, there is a burning sensation in the back of my throat. I thought that it might be running low on liquid, but as i understand it, it is a burnt taste that is the sign of low liquid, and there is still flavor in the vapor. You guys have any idea what this burning sensation is?

A burnt taste is when the atomizer is burning the filler. You'll know the difference because it will definitely be a burnt taste, as opposed to a burning sensation, which is caused when the warm vapor hits your throat. If that warm sensation is too much for your throat, it could be caused from too high of a nicotine level (which actually causes a harsh feeling in your throat).

CES is correct that you might be inhaling in a way that brings the vapor to your throat too fast. I take a couple-three puffs (without inhaling) and then inhale lightly. If I have to inhale harder, it usually means my cartomizer needs more juice.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Here's an example of a problem I'm having right now:

I received an order from FSUSA with a sample of strawberry cheesecake. Their samples are all 24mg (and 50/50 pg/vg, I believe).

I decided to drip for a while and try out this sample liquid. I'm using an atomizer (with a bridge and mesh) and a drip tip. The flavor is pretty good, but my throat is getting a little sore from vaping this 24mg liquid. In my case, at this moment, the harshness in my throat is due to the nicotine being too high for me. I usually vape 18mg, which is perfect. So I could add a little Glycerin (from Walmart) to lower the nicotine level, and that's what I'm about to do. The flavor will decrease a little bit, but that's okay, because my throat will quit hurting in a few minutes.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
As a matter of fact I do have some juice! By luck I found VaporRenu as a source for ejuice a few weeks ago and got a bottle of mango juice. I loved it (even with my inconsistent Blu), and a few days ago I ordered a couple more bottles from Jason, hazelnut and wintergreen! Has anyone else tried VaporRenu?

Yes, got six bottles about a month ago from VR. No throat hits whatsoever from any of them (probably due to the grain alcohol that he adds to the juice and whatever else he does when he mixes his juices, as opposed to how the other suppliers mix their juices). I didn't like the flavors, either. The caramel apple doesn't taste like a caramel apple, and the RY4 (Re4nu) tastes nothing like the RY4 from FSUSA. The other four bottles were fruits, which I'll probably never touch again. Letting them steep for over a month hasn't helped at all.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Quick question: I'm obviously interested in refilling my cartridges with fresh juice, but I doubt that the filler that comes with the cartridges is the best material to use all of the juice in the cartridge, and feed it all to the atomizer consistently. Is there any kind of material that you seasoned vets have found that can offer the best and most consistent vaping for a 510 type cartridge?

Have you tried just dripping into the atomizer and using an empty cartridge or a drip tip for the mouthpiece? This eliminates the need to mess around with a filler for the inner cart of the cartridge, but you have to drip 3 drops into the atomizer more often or you'll get a burnt taste.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Here's an example of a problem I'm having right now:

I received an order from FSUSA with a sample of strawberry cheesecake. Their samples are all 24mg (and 50/50 pg/vg, I believe).

I decided to drip for a while and try out this sample liquid. I'm using an atomizer (with a bridge and mesh) and a drip tip. The flavor is pretty good, but my throat is getting a little sore from vaping this 24mg liquid. In my case, at this moment, the harshness in my throat is due to the nicotine being too high for me. I usually vape 18mg, which is perfect. So I could add a little Glycerin (from Walmart) to lower the nicotine level, and that's what I'm about to do. The flavor will decrease a little bit, but that's okay, because my throat will quit hurting in a few minutes.

Well, I'm already changing my mind about what I said in the quote. I just used the same atomizer (with a bridge and mesh) with the 18mg liquid I received today, and I also had throat and chest pains. So there's something about the 510 Premium atomizer that I bought at litecigusa.net that produces too much heat for me.

Because I just switched to using the debridged and dewicked atomizer that came with my Bauway 1300 eGo kit, and when using the same 18mg liquid, I'm getting no throat or chest pain.

Could the Premium 510 atomizer be low resistance? Here's the link to that atomizer:
LitecigUSA Premium Joye 510 Atomizer

So, it wasn't the higher nicotine that caused the pains but the warmer vapor from the atomizer.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Don't think it is LR, could be just breaking it in and still a little primer in it. If it keeps up I would give it a good cleaning.

Thanks, but there's no primer liquid still in it (I know what that tastes like), and I gave it a good cleaning a couple of days ago. The vapor and flavor are fine, but the vapor is warmer than what the other atomizer produces. I'm back to cartos now, so I'm not gonna worry about it. Maybe I was just vaped out late today after vaping pretty constantly all day. :)

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Update: Sorry, but I promise this is my last post about this. I finally figured out what caused the throat and chest pain I've been having late today and tonight. I used the 5 volt passthrough in my office for an hour or so each on Wed and Thurs and for about three hours today. That extra heat has gradually burned into spots in my throat and lungs. So I just need to slow down with vaping, quit using the passthroughs completely, and allow those burns to heal, because any time I vape tonight with the eGos and cartomizers, the vapor is irritating those burns and causing more pain. This is what I went through back in early October when I first got the passthroughs -- and is the reason why I quit using them, until a little bit this week.

So I'm sensitive to the heat produced by 5 volts, probably due to taking three blood thinners every day for the last six years, including Coumadin, Plavix, and Aspirin, not to mention Crestor, Toprol, and Prinivil.

The solution to ease the throat and chest pain was to drink 1/2 bottle of water.

Last edited:

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I've been vaping for two-three months,I had very good luck with the 1st brand I tried but am still not able to find the flavor I like.
The more they add flavors the worst the vapor tatstes.

I only had 4-10 cigarettes in my 1st few months of vaping.Good change from 2-3 packs a day.

I'm trying to find just a plain flavor where you can taste the nicotene,like in plain nicotene gum,and feel the effects.I had the best luck quitting smoking by using plain nicotene flavored gum because you can tase the nicotene strength and get the same effects as smoking but just not as fast.With a vapor it would be faster simply because the lungs deliver faster than what's absorbed through the mouth and stomach.

I've found a reliable,refillable E-cig that works and is only one state away so I get my blank cartomizers in just a few days and I fill them myself.I found that I can fill them better than the factory prefilled and just by adding a few drops they are like new again.

I use Everclear 99.99% pure Grian alcohol or ethanol to clean them and get 3-4 refills per cartridge but they just don't have plain with no added flavors.

I guess as a new person I can't post anything on the forum yet,but I did see alot of people making their own liquid refills.

Do you know what I need to do before I can start posting on the forums?

Last edited:

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I saved 140.00 in just two months of vaporing and a carton of cigs in my state is just 20.50/carton.I was smoking at least 6 cartons/month.

My advice to a person thinking about E-cig's is make sure they have a money-back policy and warrantee.Watch out for free trials and always read the fine print.Free trials can lead to your 1st payment being up to 170.00 and a monthly refill payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread