New Member Introduction and Couple of Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Folks,

I am a new member here and this is my first post. I started out on the Blu disposables. Then I made the noob mistake of buying a Blu starter kit. I wasted about $100 on Blu stuff, before a family member recommended the eGo-T, so I bought one of those and never looked back. I really like this vaporizer, and I did some searching on the web looking for more info about it (because I didn't get a user manual with mine), and I found this discussion forum. For the last week, I have been lurking around and browsing through the older posts, and I've learned a good bit of valuable info by doing this. :)

I also have a few unanswered and nagging questions about my new vaporizer (which I have had for only 2 days now).

1) I don't know what exact model it is. I bought it at a reputable, local, brick and mortar vaporizer store and I didn't buy the all in one kit. I bought a vaporizer that says "eGo-T" on the battery, but it doesn't look the same as the ones on the Joyetech website. The atomizer and tank portion of mine is made of glass (or clear hard plastic) with milliliter markings on it. It's clear, so you can see how much juice is still in it. And the mouth tip is uniformly round and not flattened like those on the website. So I am confused about which exact model I have. I will post a photo a little later - my camera battery is charging at the moment.

2) the salesman said for the very first time using it, I should run the battery all the way down to zero and then put it on the charger until it is fully charged. He said something about "battery memory" and that first initial recharge should take about 9 hours. Is that right? I've still using mine as I bought it and the battery seems to working well still - it still provides a good vapor hit. So, how will I know when it is completely drained? Will it stop working completely? Will the LED let me know?

3) the clear tank part that is between the atomizer and the mouthpiece - will that ever need replacement or do I just replace the atomizer itself over time as needed?

4) how can I tell if my battery has a "pass-through" capability? There is a shiny metal cap on the end of my battery, but I don't think it is removeable. It doesn't seem to be threaded or made to be removed. So I am right to assume that this model doesn't have that?

I'm really happy with this vaporizer. It's not too big and bulky and it delivers a good vapor/nicotine hit. Since I started using this new vaporizer, I have cut my consumption of analogs by 90%. :)

If there are any tips, tricks, or things I should really know about this unit, someone please let me know. I searched the forums repeatedly, but I couldn't find much that is specific to my model.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

MikeG

Drhookerman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Los Angeles
1. Don't worry if it is not Joyetech. Joyetech created the Ego and 510 mods. From the description you might have a Evod tanks or the kanger tanks or maybe some knockoff brand but as long as it work don't worry too much about it. As for the tip there are plenty of tip out there that you can buy. Some people like round some like flat all preference.

2. The button will start blinking when you run out so just charge it then. I don't know too much about the battery memory. If it is out of juice then it is out of juice.

3. The tank doesn't need to be replace unless you crack it or just want a different one. The atomizer however does need to be washed off and clean same with the wick when you want to switch different flavor. (Run it through water for a good 30 second, dry it off with a paper towel, and then dry burn the wick.)

4. Don't worry about pass through unless you want to sit on your computer with a pass through setup to vape.

3.A. In order to dry burn just assemble your Atomizer and battery leaving out the tank and hit the firing button for a good 5 second then let it rest for 5, rinse and repeat 3 more time and it should burn off all the old juice and water.

Sorry answered this pretty quick cause I am in a rush to leave.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Okay, I'm new too but maybe I can share my own discoveries. I bought a store brand e-cig that I just identified as similar to an eGo Twist. The battery does last a long time but on all of mine when I have drained the battery the switch you hit to vape will just start flashing a lot and will not do anything else until I charge it back completely. As for the "cleartomizers" (the tanks) I have not had to replace any except for ones that showed some sort of defect. My store has insane prices on the tanks ($24.95 each) when I can get the exact same tanks from Mudvapes for $6.50. They also have round mouthpieces as all of mine do as well. I'm not sure about #4 of your questions so I will just sit over here and wait for more experienced people educate us both LOL

And welcome! :D

rpc1

Aug 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
The atomizer and tank portion of mine is made of glass (or clear hard plastic) with milliliter markings on it. It's clear, so you can see how much juice is still in it. And the mouth tip is uniformly round and not flattened like those on the website. So I am confused about which exact model I have. I will post a photo a little later - my camera battery is charging at the moment.

It sounds like a "Kanger T-2". Try typing that into Google and see if you get pictures of what you have.

I was in the same boat as you. They sold me the stuff, but didn't tell me exactly what it was. I spent a few hours looking at pictures on the internet. If the T-2 isn't what you have, you can try the trick I did. The highest number on mine is 2.4, so I googled "2.4 ml clearomizer", and quickly found the picture.

The T-2 is the only one I've used, but I'm extremely satisfied with it. Some people have reported that theirs leaks, but I have yet to experience that.

jp_cfc09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
lost
1. its an ego but just probably not a joyes one, doesnt matter though as its still a ego and thats what ive started on and think they are good. your top part the clearomizer could be a iclear 16 or even a t-2, as stated you could goolge ecig clearomizer to find it and click it to find out or read what ml or any writeing.

2. the led button will flash and let you know to charge it when its drained, although I never waited on mines and its still working ok. was never told about it or seen it in the manual.

3. as long as its rebuildable then all you do is change the atomiser thing, most are I think. my first one had ce4 clearomizer which arnt and once done you just throw away, cheek if it all comes apart or even once you know what clearomizer it is you will know.

4. dont know much as I dont really need it and maybe you wont either.

any of these look like your clearomizer:
http://szkanger.en.alibaba.com/prod...72/innovative_colored_E_Cig_T2_artomizer.html
http://greatwestvapor.com/iclear-16-5-pack-clearomizer/

Last edited:

StacyInOkla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Oklahoma
Look in the bottom to see if its a Joyetech. If there's a C with 3 lines its genuine. Google Joyetech logo to see what I'm talking about. When the battery dies the button will blink rapidly. My 1000 mAh twist takes 4 hours to charge, while my other ones take 3 (I timed the first charge). As for passthroughs, I don't have one so I'm not much help there. On your tank the part that would be replaceable would be the part that has wicks which is called a head. If the tank cracks you'll have to buy a new one.

The best advice I got when I started was to have plenty of backups. That way you're not waiting hours for a battery to charge. This is where a passthrough would come in handy. My rule of thumb is to have 1 more battery than tanks. I have 3 iClear 16s and a Protank and 5 batteries. It sounds like your tank is plastic so be careful of some juices. There's some that destroy plastic.

Happy vaping.

ETA: here's the list of juices that MIGHT destroy plastic tanks http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-40.html#post9660727

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
2) the salesman said for the very first time using it, I should run the battery all the way down to zero and then put it on the charger until it is fully charged. He said something about "battery memory"...

Without seeing which one you mean, I can't comment on much. But this, absolutely. And my comment is: WRONG.

That was true of the Ni-Cad battery. Which I dunno anybody still uses for anything anymore. These are lithium-ion (Li-Ion). A whole other critter. They don't have "memory". Plus, they have control chips. We've gotten integrated circuits down so tiny, they're sticking them in the batteries. The battery and charger deal with the charging pattern. You don't have to worry about it. At all. Just use the batteries.

Li-Ions are in everything these days. If you have a cell with a replaceable battery, go look. Dollars to donuts it'll say "3.7v lithium ion". That's the common as dirt rechargeable now. Cell phones, iPads, laptops, you name it (the lithium polymer shows up here and there but it's a tricky beast and not used much in general consumer products).

... and that first initial recharge should take about 9 hours. Is that right?

Unless the thing is big as a truck, 9 hours is absurd. Or he sold you a seriously underpowered charger. I have 1000mAh Twists and those take 4 hours to charge (1000mAh is the capacity rating of the battery... I'm a heavy vaper and get 6 hours out of a single charge... a lighter vaper could get up to 10 hours of use of a battery that size... charge time, though, should be within 3 hours).

I've still using mine as I bought it and the battery seems to working well still - it still provides a good vapor hit. So, how will I know when it is completely drained? Will it stop working completely? Will the LED let me know?

It will cut off and the LED will blink repeatedly at you.

Li-Ion batteries should never be completely drained. So the control chip will shut it down before the battery goes too low. It won't even "fade out" much. It'll detect the voltage level is too low and turn itself off.

In short, don't worry about it. He don't know what he's talking about. Just use your battery. It "knows" when to cut itself off. If it needs charging, it'll blink at you. If it's working, it's happy. :)

Last edited:

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks for the quick and helpful replies. I feel a little better and more informed now. :)

I took a couple of photos. Let me see if I can post them correctly. So, by looking at the photos, can anyone tell what model this is? I am curious to know what accessories I can use with it, but I have no idea what is compatible with my particular PV.

Best regards,

MikeG

vap-2.jpg vap-1.jpg

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
Are you filling from the top or bottom? If the bottom(you have to screw off the battery and then take off the base to fill) then you should be able to buy a new coil. Top filling you unscrew the top to fill(by the mouthpiece) Now with the top filling it could be either replaceable coil or disposable clearomizer. If so does it look like a little prong in the middle with a little opaque/clear cap right under it-and the plastic doesn't look like it is molded to the metal where it fits on to the battery, if so you should be able to replace the coil.
I am thinking though if he didn't try to sell you any extra coils that it may be a disposable. If it is I would recommend a bottom coil clearomizer such as a T3S for your next purchase they have the easiest learning curve.

I am not sure why he told you to run the battery down the first time you used it. I always have always charged first...just like you do with a cell phone.
One thing you can do if your camera is not working and Google clearomizers, but use there photo search instead. You should be able to find it that way.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Thanks for the quick and helpful replies. I feel a little better and more informed now. :)

I took a couple of photos. Let me see if I can post them correctly. So, by looking at the photos, can anyone tell what model this is? I am curious to know what accessories I can use with it, but I have no idea what is compatible with my particular PV.

Okay, that's familiar there. The top "tank" part is a Vision (or knock off) "Stardust" style CE4. You will not want any more of them. :)

They're basically disposable. Waste of money. I use Vision CE5 (aka "2.0" and other names... nobody agrees). They look similar like this:

Vision-eGo-Blue-V3.jpg

That "knurled" base is there because they unscrew and you can wash them out and reuse them better than the CE4 (which you can only take the mouthpiece off of) and the "coil head" (the little heater with the cottony looking wicks) can be replaced. The coil head is the mostly likely to fail part since it's the part that heats up (repeatedly) to vaporize the juice. And they're pretty cheap. I get mine for $3 each.

The eGo style battery (which you have) is compatible with tons of stuff so you're not limited to those particular clearomizers (what folks generally call those clear little tank widgets). The eGo type battery (it's a style or standard, not a brand) has a "dual thread" thing that lets you attach all kinds of widgets. Like so:

egolatest.jpg

(Photo swiped from the great and wise Ocelot from whom I learned truckloads o' vaping knowledge :) )

Judging from the size of the battery relative to the clearomizer, it's one of the smaller eGo batteries. I'd guess (but can't say for sure) it's around a 650mAh. If you were sold the correct charger, no way it'll take 9 hours to charge. It'll be more like a hour and a half. Two hours most. If it takes 9 hours, they gave you the wrong charger.

How long a 650 will last you depends on your personal use habits. I'd get less than 4 hours myself. But I'm pretty heavy on the vaping. The "average" is supposed to run about 1 hour per 100mAh. But that's a very, very rough estimate. You can buy batteries separately easily enough instead of buying a whole new kit. At least one "back up" is always a good idea. You may want to move up in size if you find the one you have doesn't seem to last long enough for you.

Basically, you're off to a decent start. The sales guy was just not well informed.

(Nine hours? Yeesh!)

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks Mark and everyone! I have a lot to digest now. I really really appreciate the kind and knowledgeable help. I think this will become another obsession of mine, along with telescopes and meteorites. That also means I'll be sticking around here for a while. LOL.

I will reply at more length tomorrow. This old man is off to bed for tonight. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

PS - this new PV sure beats the heck out of the Blu e-cigarette type!

StacyInOkla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Oklahoma
You can use any tank system that has eGo or 510 threading with that battery. It looks like you have a stardust type tank. You won't be able to change the heads out on it. After awhile cleaning it out with hot water won't work and you'll have to get another tank. I would recommend an iClear 16 if you like that style tank and are on a budget. with the iClear you can change the heads which is a lot cheaper than buying a brand new tank. Innokin iClear 16 Dual Coil Clearomizer - Best Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette Manufacturer| Innokin I really like Protanks Kanger Protank Pro Tank Glassomizer since some juice I use can crack plastic. The Protank has a 510 connection. I haven't used any of the sites I linked, just figured it would help you understand what I was talking about :)

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
Some further observations today. My battery model does not have a pass-through. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have that option available if needed. But, it's not a priority for me.

I will definitely upgrade the clearomizer/tank to a nicer model (Vison CE5?), once my current one peters out. I want a glass tank with a larger capacity and one I can disassemble to replace atomizer parts without tossing the whole clearomizer/tank.

I'm not interested in a drip-feed. I like the tank idea and will stick with that. I would like to upgrade to a snazzier mouthpiece like some of the cool chrome ones at the local shop - they have some nice ones with carvings on them, etc.

BTW - I'm not a flavor guy, so I don't guess I will need spare tanks for different flavors. I've tried them and don't like them. I never liked flavored tobacco when I smoked analogs, so I guess that carried over to PV's for me. :)

Best regards and thanks again for all the help, it is greatly appreciated.

MikeG

PS - I'm sure I'll have more noob questions soon, please bear with me. LOL. ;)

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Some further observations today. My battery model does not have a pass-through. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have that option available if needed. But, it's not a priority for me.

I will definitely upgrade the clearomizer/tank to a nicer model (Vison CE5?), once my current one peters out. I want a glass tank with a larger capacity and one I can disassemble to replace atomizer parts without tossing the whole clearomizer/tank.

You're not "stuck" with the Vision CE whatever number and can browse about and see if you'd rather try something else. Me, I just happen to like that "taper" at the top. Seriously. That's it. That "taper" actually makes it a little harder to fill. Not bad but some.

The Kangers are recommended a lot around here. I'm probably going to try the EVOD myself. I keep seeing it recommended probably more than any other.

[/quote]I'm not interested in a drip-feed. I like the tank idea and will stick with that. I would like to upgrade to a snazzier mouthpiece like some of the cool chrome ones at the local shop - they have some nice ones with carvings on them, etc.

BTW - I'm not a flavor guy, so I don't guess I will need spare tanks for different flavors. I've tried them and don't like them. I never liked flavored tobacco when I smoked analogs, so I guess that carried over to PV's for me. :)[/QUOTE]

Heh. We'll see. :D

So many options out there it's unreal. The little vape shop closest to me? Their "menu" is over 200 flavors. Two freaking hundred. And that's just one place.

You might surprised yourself...

Galactic Stone

Moved On
Aug 8, 2013
BTW, quick unrelated question - how come my avatar photo doesn't show up in the forum posts? Is it because I am new?

You folks have inspired me to head down to the local vaporizer store and see about upgrading the battery to something with a passthrough and possibly getting a better tank/upper part - preferably something made of glass and with a slightly larger capacity. I really don't want anything too big, bulky, and long though. My current setup seems about right in terms of weight and bulk.

Right now I am using Totally Wicked Patriot Range PillBox 38 (18mg I think) and I like it. I've tried a 28mg "Mar Red" juice from another manufacturer (forget who at the moment) - it was stronger, but I like the taste of the Wicked Pillbox juice better.

Best regards,

MikeG

MJ12

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
... says "eGo-T" on the battery
Mine says eGo-T Upgrade. I haven't a clue what they mean by upgrade, upgrade from what? The cap on the bottom of the battery screws off and that's where you can plug in a mini, or is it micro, USB charging cable. My battery came with the pass-through/charging cable. When I vape at work, or when I'm not moving around at home, I almost always use the pass-through and charge while I'm vaping.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread