Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Finally decided that I needed to jump into the fray here!
There is just so much information here, and I'm already spending so much time here that I thought I was way overdue to joining the site and become part of the community.
I've been vaping for around 5 years now. Started out with the crappy "Smoke Anywhere" cig-a-likes that they were ripping people off with at the local mall. I saw the potential and quickly moved to the Joytech 510 Titan. Loved it! Suffice it to say I've been hooked ever since and in 5 years, I've smoked less that a carton of stinkies. And the last one of those was over 3 years ago!! I've traveled the vaping path to where I stand today. My latest purchase was an Lbaloi mod that I absolutely cannot allow to leave my sight!
I'm looking to rejuvenate my Tesla with a new rba, just haven't decided on which one I want for it yet...
Anyway, enough of my rambling... I'm wasting time typing and not reading the wonderful insights that I can still glean from here... see y'all around the threads! :toast:

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thanks, pwheeler! I've definitely been around the block a while... diy liquids and all that jazz... just recently started building my own coils, though I have build my own mods with 510 connections in the past... just used cartos on them though. I have learned a lot in the last month or so lurking around here... currently have a .35 ohm dual coil setup on my Lbaloi... twisted 28g Kanthal A1... still working out the bugs...

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I have only been building coils for about five months. I haven't had the nerve to try any of those wild builds. Just standard micros. I have duals on my Igo sitting on a nemesis at .45 ohms. I run singles on both Reos, one at .7, the other at .88. I've been wanting to try twisted wire and see what I can do. I was an electronic tech back about 20+ years ago. We were still using discreet components back then, and desktop computers just started hitting the scene. :)

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
So you've been around the block yourself! I tend to be a pretty quick study when it comes to stuff like this. I've tried big coils, micros, nanos, nano dragons, micro dragons...
Twisted isn't really any harder than standard micros, just twist up your wire (I used two strands of 28, pinched the open in with a pair of pliers and put a hook in my drill... easy peasy) The wire comes out stiffer and I actually think it's easier to coil.
And I remember those old days... my first computer was a Tandy.. no floppy disks then, you saved files with a cassette recorder!

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I sure remember Tandy computers! My first was a Timex Sinclair 1000. No OS, no hd, no floppy, nothing. Programs were in basic, stored on a cassette. It hooked up to a b&W tv. It had 2k memory, 1k clock speed. If we knew then what we know now, we would be the rich ones controlling the world's information.
I've watched a bunch of u tube videos on some of those builds. I have a few extra atties, I might try some of those builds.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Kaezziel . So glad you finally decided to join and the wealth of knowledge you have will certainly be an asset to many. I have been vaping over a year and just can't imagine my vaping being any better and I only know the basics. People helping others is something so special and is what makes ecf such a wonderful place to learn and have fun. Good luck to you and happy vaping.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thank you, Rat2chat2!! I figure it this way, it can always get better... even after vaping for 5 years, I still learn new skills and new things are always coming out! My biggest vice right now is liquids! OMG where were all of these wonderful flavors when I first started??? Between coil building and juice testing I'm surprised that I get any work done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread