Status
Not open for further replies.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
Is there a vape shop near you? The best thing I found was to go and try a bunch of flavors. If your shop has a tasting table. I tried all of the tobacco flavors they had, and the nearest thing i found was one called warm leaf. I bought a couple of small bottles of diff. tabocco flavors and a couple of others. Been vaping since Christmas and analog free for 2 days now. We were down to 1 or 2 a day and figured why bother. Now I've tried a ton a flavors, thanks to my son, we got all his cast off flavors that he didn't like to try. Currently I have two that mostly use. the first and most is red hot Cinnamon Candy and RY 4 tobacco mixed 3 to 2. my second choice is one called black ice from Vapure. it to me tastes like nyquil licorice and menthol. Be careful, I almost bought some black ice elswhere only to realize it was blackberry and menthol. If you like uzo you'd like black ice.
We started vaping 12mg/ml juice and are now mixing 6 and 12, with our next order to be either all 6 or 6 and 0. but that is something that you can pretty much do at your own speed I've know of a guy that has a 36 mg/ml made for him. and he goes through it like crazy. I have also out of the flavors my son gave us and we bought to try made sangria one day. merlot wine with all kinds of fruit mixed in with it. It was pretty good for a change. Once you find what you like order the larger bottles for better value. MT Baker has a good selection and are priced very good. Also if you spend a certain amount they will include a 15 ml bottle for free to try. The last time we got Guava, the wife likes it but, me not so much.:vapor:

Last edited:

faboom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My advice is to think about starting with a smaller ecig like the KGO kits sold on Hoosier. If you are not used to handling a large mod it can be cumbersome. Plus you are used to handling analogs. Buy sample packs of ejuice and try then out. I generally vape 2-3 types of juice at a time. Something tobacco flavored (Baker White Havana Nights), a minty/menthol flavor (Dekang Double mint), and a fruity juice (currently Watermelon. Spend time learning about steeping and streeping juices...makes a great difference in taste. Most of all keep your PV equipment clean and in good working order...it will serve you well. I've been off analogs since 1 Jan 14 and can't think of any reason to go back anymore. PVs have become a great hobby! Whatever you decide do it now!

AciDeX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I quit two weeks ago by picking up a smoktech winder from a local shop, it's very similar to the ego twist and vision spinner that everyone is recommending. They were all sold out of starter kits so I picked up a couple kanger t3s tanks and a charger separately. Grabbed a couple flavors of some 18mg juice and while the flavors were "okay" I have started figuring out what my personal flavor profile is. There are a couple dedicated vapor stores near me and they let you try before you buy. Like others I'll admit that at first I wanted a tobacco flavor to replace my CIG addiction and I thought all the flavors I tried were too artificial tasting. I ended up with some waffle flavored juice that I really liked the first week but I think that my taste buds are starting to come back because now its way to sweet to vape all day. I thought my vapor chef order would arrive yesterday but apparently USPS thinks the fastest way from eastern Washington to north Idaho is through Billings Montana? What a joke lol, anyways I was running really low on vapable juice and ran down to the local shop for a "get me by" and ended up with a bottle of strawberry colada that I kinda like.

I second everyone else and say grab yourself a starter kit that you think will suit you. Definitely look for something with variable voltage (spinner, winder, twist) as I have found that not all juice tastes the same or good at default voltages. The T3s tanks are pretty reasonable to start out with, my local shop only charges $7 bucks for them. I also have a MVP v2 and protank 2 mini coming in the mail as I'm a big tech nerd and I think its custom settings and huge battery life are what I'm looking for. Got it on sale this week from a posting I saw on a ecig site called www.gotsmok.com and should have it today if USPS can make it over the mountain pass from Billings lol!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I can't post a separate question yet, does anybody use wickless clearomizers? Lady from tobacco shop tried to sell me one, and for double price of regular i-clear 16. Is it worth it?

No. That'll be the CE8. We are down to only a few vendors in the UK now. They'll be gone by the summer never to return.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
You're going to get a bunch of suggestions. Most of us will try with the mindset of "if I could go back and skip the crappy stuff, where would I have started?". I would skip the starter kit for one thing. They're cheap and an ok way to start, to get a general idea... But they generally have crap batteries and/or crap tanks. I do not currently use anything from my starter kit.

You're going to want two batteries (at least). Even if you have pass throughs. You're going to want variable voltage batteries. As others have said, stick with ones that have ego/510 threads.

Where I'm going to diverge from the herd here is on tanks. A lot of people seem to gush on the bottom feeders. I hate them. They're generally low maintenance, but imo a bit weak in the flavor dept. and the vapor with them is a bit too "cold" for my taste. Then there are top feeders. I find them to be better in the flavor department than bottom feeders. BUT, you need to generally keep them upright, or they will leak. Then there is carto tanks. I actually really like these. The downsides are some juices gunk them up (which makes the cartos not last as long), and not as easy to go from one flavor to the next.

I'd recommend getting an iclear16 (top feeder), a kanger mt3 (bottom feeder) and a smoktech dct carto tank. You should be able to get them for $10 or less each, and that way you can figure out what you like (so you can be pointed in the right direction from there). With a couple 1100mah twists, it would cost you about $80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread